Happy with just one firearm???

when I find a gun that I like better than my current EDC I will change EDC's

Other than that I enjoy firearms, I love to go and shoot different ones, and I want to be proficient with the ones I own.

And I fully expect to own more of them before I punch my ticket out of here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like this thread.....it's making me ask myself questions i don't want to answer

Me too! I like every gun I own. There's something special about each of the 9 handguns I have that none of the other 8 can fulfill. I know they're just "stuff", but they make me happy. What can I say? I like guns and unlike women, one just won't do it for me.

Guest earlybird

Yes, and no. Although I prefer to keep one handgun, and one rifle. I'd like a shotgun, but, well no excuses, need to get one . With 1 hand gun and 1 rifle, I can place loaded mags in places where I can easily get to them and reload, without having to look at which gun they fit. Shaves those seconds off in case I need to reload in a situation. I have had to once before, scary feeling of needing *more* at the wrong time.

I can't dove or duck hunt with my carry gun.

I can't hunt rats at my friend's farm with my deer rifles.

I can't hunt deer with my "plinking" 22s.

I can't plink with my shotgun.

I can't EDC my AR.

I have different guns for different uses, and some guns - i just have to have.

Who cares if I don't shoot them all, regularly, I consider them investments. Since I generally buy them for a "deal" of a price, they are all worth more than what I paid for them - and generally speaking, they won't ever be worth less.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a show on History about the AK47, it made me want one. (or heaven for forbid a slightly smaller version)

In it, pretty much said John Wayne would carry one, because John Wayne was practical.

They talked about all the abuse you could put an AK47 though and said if you were to go to another planet and not know what to expect when you got there and could only take 1 firearm the AK47 should be the firearm to take.

They said an AK47 should be the first firearm a kid has as there is not much you can do to it to make it not work. One of the guys said he watched an afghan soldier dip his boot laces in motor oil then pull them though the barrel to clean it and that was good enough for them.