Car guys: Any of you guys Autocross?

SCCA Solo II racing?

Any of you guys do it? If so, what are you driving?

Got a car? Want to compete? Ask me how!

I did the Evo school at Nashville Speedway on Saturday, and then trailered down to Chattanooga for a race on Sunday.

Two full days of heat, sun, and racing? Smoked! and very content :D

3wheeler.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used to, haven't in quite a while. Was a Sunday ritual in both SCCA and Porsche events for a number of years. Ran a 914/6. Still got the car just haven't driven it much. I'm actually giving it a refresh now and hope to get it back into driving condition soon, though probably not in autocrossing. What was the evo school?

used to, haven't in quite a while. Was a Sunday ritual in both SCCA and Porsche events for a number of years. Ran a 914/6. Still got the car just haven't driven it much. I'm actually giving it a refresh now and hope to get it back into driving condition soon, though probably not in autocrossing. What was the evo school?

I love the 914/6

The fender flares are awesome (as well as having a proper motor, and the not the VW Type 4 motor)

Evo School was pretty amazing.

I identified some things I was doing wrong, as well as worked on "reading" the course.

A 260.00 bucks, it was a steal.

I don't wanna race but I'm very interested in dates\locations of races!

The SCCA Chattanooga Region just signed a multi-year contact to use the Eastgate Mall area for their Solo events.

* the parking lot in front of the Electric Cowboy

Info on Chatt Region:

Chattanooga Region SCCA Region #94

Chatt Region Schedule:

May 22 Eastgate Mall

June 26 Eastgate Mall

July 10 Eastgate Mall

Aug 21 Eastgate Mall

Sept 18 Eastgate Mall

Oct 23 Eastgate Mall

Nov 13 Eastgate Mall

Dec 4 Eastgate Mall

Come out and watch and/or participate! Its a blast.

Guest coldblackwind

I used to have a '97 neon I had setup for autocross/street, it saw a lot of street, but I never managed to make it to an autocross race with it. Too bad too, I beat a couple corvettes on the street with that car, I wanted to see what it'd do on a track!

Guest 1817ak47

i do but i won't tell any info at this time about me due to things going on in my life. have you been on etrscca.org I will communicate there.

I don't wanna race but I'm very interested in dates\locations of races!

There's classes for bone stock street cars. Minimal prep necessary. It's fun and it's cheap. I used to go with friends when we were in college. I still remember going full opposite lock around the turns in an inline 6 Ford Fairmont POS. Hard to tell who was laughing more, us or the corner workers. Good times. :P

Way back in the day myself and a pal used to do ac. We started out with a Datsun 510. It was a blast. Our next venture was playing around SCCA, especially Road Atlanta. We gutted a 76 Bimmer 2002. Put a cage in it full, fuel cell, full gauge package and a Recaro. Had Korman in Greenesboro do the engine.

What a freakin blast. Paul Newman really was a gentleman. Until he got behind the wheel.

Damn Beemerfreek I didn't know you were The Stig. The blokes at TOP GEAR are a little pizzed at you.

lol. no worries about that. I drive a Volvo these days. The bimmer was a fun ride though.

I used to Auto-x (Parking lot stuff) years ago in my old CRX. Fun times. Tired getting into SCCA Solo stuff out at the Superspeedway but every time I made it out there I got an "emergency" phone call. Yet when I got there it was nothing. So as with my luck I never made it back after several tries. Maybe some day.

Yup...30 or more ago...let me think..ah 1963: 1959 TR3, 1961 TR3, 1960 Fiat Oscca. More Road race than Autocross. Then in the 70's: Single seat 1963 VW on a homebuilt frame with mid engine and Loooong axles..6 foot 9inch stance and 90 inch WB. Styrofoam body covered with fiberglas. Total weight all up was under 700 pounds. But NOT a Formula V. Engine was out of a circletrack VW...roller, roller, IDA48's. Quick, agile, and impossible to tip.