Best firearm you have ever owned

ted

Best firearm you have ever owned?

To answer this question is real easy.

The AR

With the AR I can do almost anything that would take a safe full of guns to accomplish.

Short range, long range, shoot a wide variety of rounds from 22 to 500 to even a 50cal to include shoot-shells and heck even a grenade launcher if I wanted to.

I can make the gun as light as needed or heavy.

I can use flip sights , iron sights, red dots, glass scopes of any range. Mount lasers and lights and carry the gun in many many ways with all the slings outs there.

I can use a 6 in to 32 inch barrel

I can make it a carbine or long gun or even a pistol.

Heck I think I will just buy another.

Nothing to me out there even comes near the AR! (Being the BEST gun I have owned.)

Revolver...Ruger GP100

Semi Auto....HK P7 M8, Ed Brown Kobra

Bolt Rifle...Remmy 700 5R .308

Semi Auto...Sabre XR 15 .556

Lever...Marlin 336 30-30

Tupperware...Glock 35, Kahr PM9

Plinker...Savage Mk II BTVS .22 Mag

I'm a happy man.....

Guest bullet

Marlin/Glenfield Mdl 60. After 20 years and thousands of rounds without a single cleaning it finally jammed on me. I even sanded it down and refinished the stock when I was 12. Thing was I didn't bother to take the stock off. lol Still shot just fine even with wood dust in it.

Marlin/Glenfield Mdl 60. After 20 years and thousands of rounds without a single cleaning it finally jammed on me. I even sanded it down and refinished the stock when I was 12. Thing was I didn't bother to take the stock off. lol Still shot just fine even with wood dust in it.

So what you are saying it is prone to jamming. Especially after only 20 years of use wihout cleaning. ;)

Dolomite

hahaha remind me not to buy any 2nd hand guns off of you....ABUSER!!!! ;-D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bubruins

I'd have to go with my Ruger 22/45. It definitely gets the most use than any other firearm I own; probably because it's easy for me to shoot well with it and it's really CHEAP to shoot.

I don't own a huge number of handguns compared to most of you, but I have shot many brands and flavors and all I know is my Beretta 92FS is the smoothest racking, shooting, cleaning, and accurate handgun I have ever used.

Edited by ~Emily~

Ruger Super Blackhawk 4-5/8" bbl in 44mag. I don't go to the woods or in the field without it. Handles anything from shotshells to hot 320gn Cor-Bon loads.

100% reliable and easy to carry in the right holster.

It went swiming with me once when I misjudged the depth of a big mud puddle on my ATV. Cleaned right up. Great gun and very useful.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

As others have said, its a hard pick. I thought about it a few times when this thread first popped up and never had an answer, but I think I can take a stab at it now.

I am going to go with my old east german makarov. It was cheap, $200, and shoots cheap ammo (1k for under 200 or reload for a fraction of that, $4 a box reloaded). Its accurate, makes a solid hole at 10 yards or so and stays in the black of a 25 yard b2 at 25 yards. Its reliable, the only jams ever were from a magazine that I wore out using steel ammo. Its rugged, with nearly 10k rounds through it now. It fits my hands well. The simple design is a marvel of engineering (I have seen more complex DAO builds). The fast load mag design is handy for good use of range time. Even at today's prices, if you take out .22 caliber guns, it would be very difficult to find an equal or better gun for under $500, and I hate to say it but its better (or equal to) my other, newer, more expensive guns. My 1911 is a close second but at 4X the price tag and a questionable design, it remains #2.

Remington Fieldmaster Pump .22 LR & Shorts (Dad gave it to me for Christmas at about 13.)

Holds about 21 .22 shorts. On my second firing pin. (It's 29 years old)

Ruger Mark II (Dad gave it to me for Christmas at about 14.)

We would shoot it together. (It's 28 years old) It really made me feel like

I was adult in his eyes.

Marlin 1894 .357 Lever (Dad gave it to me for Christmas at about 16.)

He bought me this one, I found at later because he used to borrow a Lever 32-20 to hunt

with as a boy. He saw this one and just couldn't pass it up. (It's 26 years old)

I have many others, but these three are my favorites. More for sentimental reasons now.

They all shoot very well. Can't help but think of him every time I shoot and handle them.

Guest lostpass

I'll never sell my 92fs or my 10/22. So I guess one of those.

If you want to talk about have gun I've shot it would be a ruger vaquero.

But I only shoot for fun so my choice aren't the most informed.