Best firearm you have ever owned

ted

You're just trying to cause a ruckus, aren't you? Man, that's a really hard question for me, and I'd say many here; to awnser. Handgun? Revolver? Auto? Rifle? Shotgun? Way, way too many choices. And what criteria to judge on? Accuracy? Comfort? Caliber? What use? Carry/Range/HD/Hunting?

About all I could do would be to list several favorites. To pick the single best firearm would be practically impossible for me.

Maybe a Colt Python and S&W Model 66 for the revolvers. A Browning Hipower of course for the autolaoder. But would have to have an XD9sc or G19, and a good 1911. And that's even harder to pick for me.

Maybe someone else here can do it. Not me. ;)

That's a tough one because virtually all of the guns I have owned, with the exceptions of the ones I mentioned in the worst gun thread, have all been excellent. I think one of my favorites I have ever owned is my Walther PPS, but I really love all of the ones in my current collection.

Guest TN.Frank

Wow, that's a tough one. I've owned hundreds of guns over my lifetime and to try and say which were the best, that'll take some real thinking. I guess to start with:

Sig P239 in 40S&W, didn't care for the caliber but the gun was top notch with the best DA trigger I've ever felt in a semi.

Sig P225

S&W M-13, 4"(I actually owned it twice)

S&W M-27, 8 3/8"

Ruger P95K, built like a dang tank.

My current Beretta 92F Compact.

Those are the ones that really stand out to me.

Pistol XD9

Rifle CZ 527 .223 varmint model

Neither are what I would consider to be my absolute favorites but the xd9 has never failed in the 6 or 7 years we've had it. The CZ 527 is hands down the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. errr Atleast, It's the rifle I have been most accurate with. Comparing it to my normal level of accuracy, this rifle kinda inflates my ego a bit.

That's like asking which one of my kids I love the most. They all have something special/unique about them and something I'd change if I could.

All things considered, I'd have to say my CZ P-01.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Man this is tough. Maybe an old S&W Airweight with a trigger job? My dad has it now (it was originally his, then I got it, now he has it back), so I still get visitation from time to time. Great little revolver, though. Amazing for trying to get those basics down, too.

Of course, someone on a TV show once told me that "newer is always better," and I am pretty enamored with my brand new, first ever, Glock 19 EXO these days...

Crappy pics:

a2g4s5.jpg

Hi Power edges out Colt Commander, by a slight margin due to family history. Personally put around 5k rounds through it before retiring it this year for a younger model.

29zc6ye.jpg

2k rounds and am now begining to modify it to my tastes.

Guest highvoltage

mine would have to be my xdm 9 it always shoots where i want and never fails to fire. as far as revolver my colt 357 trooper mkIII they have both proved themselves.

Guest Lester Weevils

Maybe there are many pistols that would be better than what I've owned or would own in the future, from being too short-sighted to appreciate their virtues enough to buy one.

About all the guns I've paid money for I like. Which might be a bit of psychological self-justification. If had paid money for a bad pistol, then that would be admission of bad judgement. :D

If was forced to sell off all the pistols, then an Inox Beretta 92 would probably be the last one to go.

Guest Rysaber

Well I have owned three different 9mm Beretta 92FS, Bersa Thunder 9 UC, and my current Springfield Armory XD 9 sub-compact. The gun I will be picking up this month is my Favorite. I was privilege to have a friend with this firearm first to let me try it out and it convinced me that I should go for it. I have been in love with my Springfield Armory EMP 40 cal. for almost a year + and I will finally be getting one of my own Late this month/early July. I so look forward to it that I can barely stand it.

Guest 556or762

I think that question consitutes a question, best all around or best for carry, accuracy,etc. I am going to have to say the best handgun I have ever owned all around is my H&K USP 40. I bought that gun used it was a police department trade in and I have now put well over 10,000 rounds thru it in the 10 years I have owned it and I cant remember a single malfunction to date. I also want to point out that while the recoil spring is noticable weaker than a new one I have yet to put 1 part spring or otherwise in that gun. I would have to say if ANY of my other guns do as well as that H&K I will be able to die happy. I still have other favorites for other things but that has probably been the most reliable gun I have ever shot whether it was mine or a friends you gotta give H&K props for an outstanding weapon there.

My favorite gun is my Sig P220 Sport all stainless 45acp extended controls, factory tuned trigger, handfit, and factory Sauer compensator. It's more accurate then me, same recoil as a full sized 9mm, and no longer in production with factory compensator. Now if I can just pry it out of my girlfriends hands...

I've not owned many guns but my excam PPS-50 is my favorite so far, feeds federal bulk .22lr flawlessly and is very accurate on irons and with the 50 round drum its fun to shoot and gets looks, killed a racoon with it yesterday.

2010-12-24_13-52-40_259.jpg

I've not owned many guns but my excam PPS-50 is my favorite so far, feeds federal bulk .22lr flawlessly and is very accurate on irons and with the 50 round drum its fun to shoot and gets looks, killed a racoon with it yesterday.

2010-12-24_13-52-40_259.jpg