Ruger Single Ten

Capbyrd

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

You are certainly correct about those sites. :)

I wonder if they can be changed or not out because other than that it looks pretty sharp to me.

Of course almost everything that says Ruger on it does, not all but most.:rock:

Would like a good, nice looking 22/22wmr revolver. Just not sure this is it. I have to agree with LngRngShtr though, it's hard to beat a Smith 617. But too many other toys in line ahead to spend the normal asking prices I see on the 617's offerred for sale lately.

Yes, but I'm a little odd. I prefer a swing-out cyclinder for reloads. Just really never got used to emptying and loading one cyclinder at a time. Not dissing the Ruger at all, it's a fine gun, just not my personal favorite.

that gets no traction outta me.

Six shooters are only supposed to shoot six times. Just cause they drill ten holes in the cylinder does not make it right.

It is like the anti Christ of revolvers.

Then what are the six shooter that only shoot 5?

This isnt a new idea, its just an uglier approach to the 10 shot 22 than most.

a six shooter that shoots only five is a five shooter, duh.

Single action revolvers are supposed to be six shot, not ten or twelve.

If they were supposed to have more Colt would not have designed the 1873 with six.

It surely isn't, since unlike the single 6, it's .22LR only. :(

- OS

However, Heritage is now making a nine shot Rough Rider combo. They announced it sometime in late 2009/early 2010. Not sure exactly how long they have actually been available but they are on their website now as a 'new product'. Although they may not be in the same 'class' as the Single Six, I like my six shot Rough Rider just fine. As they seem to be one of the main 'alternate choices' to a Single Six, I don't doubt that the nine-shot Rough Rider spurred Ruger to release their ten shooter.

that gets no traction outta me.

Six shooters are only supposed to shoot six times. Just cause they drill ten holes in the cylinder does not make it right.

It is like the anti Christ of revolvers.

Curmudgeonly old men. haha

I don't mind the 10 shot. Last I checked, the real cowboys weren't carrying around .22s anyways. So in caliber alone, its an abomination.

It doesn't matter if the reload to shoot time evens out in the long run, if I can shoot longer between reloads, its worth it to me. a 110 round drum is fun too for the same reason. its a bear to load it back up but it gives you more enjoyment between reloads.

I have two Single Sixes and love'em. One has a 9.5" barrel which will throw out a 22 mag at respectable speeds. The ten shot cylinder would not keep me from buying one, or the dorky sights for that matter. They are very well made single action 22s.