It all ends starting today.

mav

I know I will probably get some grief on this topic since I got some last year. I know Daniel thought I was some sort of weirdo.

Anyway, the final chapter to the Harry Potter series started today. Is anyone planning on seeing it or taking their kids to see it? I know a few people who went to the midnight showing, and they said it was really good.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - PART 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should bring me up. I am right now watching Half Blood Prince. I sat with my kids and watched 1-5 on a marathon some channel was playing a month or so ago and have watched all but the one just released. I have been getting them from netflix.

Edited by Daniel
Funny you should bring me up. I am right now watching Half Blood Prince. I sat with my kids and watched 1-5 on a marathon some channel was playing a month or so ago and have watched all but the one just released. I have been getting them from netflix.QUOTE]

Are you a weirdo or something? :)

Edited by Daniel

The kids and I went to the 3D midnight movie last night. Huge crowd. Everything sold out. We had "fandangoed" tickets earlier in the week. It is really good. The dialogue is somewhat cliched. The action and fight scenes are well done. The kids loved it. I give it 4 out of 5.

Guest WyattEarp
Never seen a Potter or a Rings movie. Don't really think I care.:poop:

I couldn't get into Lord of the Rings at all. I've watched the first one about 7 times (or tried to I should say), and I never make it past the first 45 minutes of the movie. if i can't watch the first one, i sure as heck can't watch 2 or 3 because i wont understand what's going on.

the first Harry Potter looked about as ridiculous as it still does, but then again I don't have kids either (at least not yet). so i haven't seen any of them either and don't really care too either.

If you're a weirdo, then I guess I am ,too! Going to the IMAX version tomorrow, and have seen all previous flicks minimum of twice and most probably 5+ times each, no exaggerating. Now for the books? Probably read each minimum of four times each, some more than that. Long drive to work for 6 years helped with that via audiobook from the library. AND I just turned 44 two weeks ago--HA!

I do still prefer my guns versus a wand, though, right? I mean, a bullet would get there faster than my versions of "Expelliarmus". ROTFL!

OK....now y'all can laugh!:poop:

I haven't read any of the books. My wife owns them all. I haven't watched any of the movies. My wife will be going to see it alone.

The thing that frustrates me with the whole Harry Potter phenomenon is that so many folks have forgotten that they were based on books. More people have watched the movie than have read the books. The series ended four years ago when the book came out. I understand being a fan and wanting to see it on the big screen, but it just bothers me that no one reads or uses their imagination anymore.

Alright. Rant is over.

Never seen a Potter or a Rings movie. Don't really think I care.:)

Can't stand the Rings movies, they are so far outside the books that it is painful to watch, for me anyway. The same kind of changing of the original gist as say a Clancy movie that switches up the antagonist from Muslims to Irish to be "politically correct".

but it just bothers me that no one reads or uses their imagination anymore.

You do realize that the Harry Potter book series has sold more copies than any other written series. I believe the fan base came about from the books since they were out well before the movies. However, I do agree that people should read more. The books are always better anyway.

I have the first three books.

I have two stacks of books about two feet high in my waiting to read pile, some of which I have already read and some I havent. They are ready to pack and have sent to me.

Edited by Daniel
You do realize that the Harry Potter book series has sold more copies than any other written series. I believe the fan base came about from the books since they were out well before the movies. However, I do agree that people should read more. The books are always better anyway.
They may be the best selling books ever, but they still pale in comparison to the viewers of the films. Easily 100-1.
Guest bkelm18
They may be the best selling books ever, but they still pale in comparison to the viewers of the films. Easily 100-1.

Some people don't have time or desire to read a half dozen 700+ page books on wizards and magic. I'm one of them, but I enjoy the films.