well I'm moving to Orlando

I'm taking a job in the southern part of the city and I will be moving in the next few weeks. I'll be in another state but I'll still visit TGO.

I feel really blessed to have a job offer just 2 weeks after graduating from UT. My aunt said "why in the world did you pick logistics as your major". Guess I showed her! :)

I don't hear a lot of praise for Orlando but there are definitely worse places to live. I just hope my HCP will transfer without any trouble.

Just thought some of you might want to know.

Thanks TGO!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Eric. I'm really glad you got something this quickly. Kinda sorry you won't be in the Nashville area, but you gotta go where the jobs are these days, especially when you get an offer in your chosen field.

As far as Orlando, I don't really know much about it, really haven't seen much of it except for the tourist spots several years ago.

But a young man like you should have a ball there. Good weather, good job, and lots of young girls too, I'd bet.

Guest db99wj

Beach. Win.

Politics and crime aside, due to it being a problem everywhere these days, good for you on getting a job. Not an easy task these days.

Congrats!

Congo Rats. Hope the move is smooth and that the job works out to your liking.

I have a friend and fellow CCW'er who lives in Orlando, and let's just say that you'll need to carry 24/7 down there and carry something that will get the job done.

Good luck.

Guest mustangdave

Orlando is fairly centrally located....a few decades ago I lived in Titusville...and then in Longdale or Longwood (somewhere between Orlando and Sanford)...my grand parents lived in Ft Myers until they passed away in 2005...had been there since the late 50's...I love Florida...would relocate in a flash....good luck

Orlando is not near the beach, I don't know where people get that from.

But look at the upside, when hurricanes do hit Florida, Orlando is where everyone evacuates to.

Chattanooga to Daytona = 500 miles

Orlando to Daytona = 50 miles = near to the beach

Chattanooga to Daytona = 500 miles

Orlando to Daytona = 50 miles = near to the beach

I guess it is all relative, but even when I lived in Boca I did not consider it near the beach, it took 20 minutes to get there.

Near the beach is where people live when they are on the other side of the intercoastal waterway.