Our Family Dog passed away yesterday afternoon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scramasax

I feel your pain. I've lost four companions in my lifetime. My mother will never have another dog, because of grief.

When I moved into my present house I installed a doggy door in the basement. They can come and go as they please. Fire/heat and cold have always been my worst fears for them.

God Bless you and help with the healing.

ts

My condolences. I have more love for my dogs than I do for most people I know. And that includes some family. I only wish there was something I could say to ease the pain but I know, from experience, there isn't. I lost a dog earlier this year and planted a tree at her grave behind the house. Her name was Pippi, like in Longstockings, and I call the tree Pippi's tree. It helps me feel that she's still close by me.

Terry sorry to hear that. We had a dog pass away about a year ago and still feel the effects of it. I have 3 children and a wife, and we have tried to get other dogs to replace him but with no such luck. You know he thought I was superman and while writing this it pains me. Take it slow and you will find another one one day. Again sorry for your loss.

Bluewater Tactical Defense

Very sorry for your loss. bulldogs are an amazingly affectionate breed and so ridiculously loyal, he looks like my brother-in-laws but bigger. It is always painful and difficult for yourself and your family to lose a loved member that's a bit furrier than the rest. I hope one day soon you are ready to open your home again and offer another amazing animal an incredible life of love and fun and play and bellyrubs and chinscratches etc.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I have an american bulldog pup, who's full speed at everything and won't give any indication that he's ready to cool down or go inside. If you set a bag of ice out for him to lay on, he'd just pick it up and run off with it, or eat it. Luckily, my better half and our other 3 dogs are smarter than me and my boy. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/durtyzulu/Snapbucket/319b3f80-8fd9-4697-9e19-5f7f0390e231.jpg

Edited by durtyzulu