Sister-in-law purse stolen in Wal-Mart ( Halls, Tn )

My Sister -in-Law had her purse stolen in the Halls, Tn Wal-Mart tonight.

Luckily she chased the woman down an took here purse back.

It was the third time today the woman has done this, but thanks to Wal-Mart

and their cheesy security they will not purse anyone out the doors.

So all you have to do is GRAB and RUN and once out the door you're free.

Basically it happened like this....

Woman sees Sister-in-Law with child in shopping cart.

Woman grabs purse and runs, thinking the a woman with

a child will be to slow to chase her pushing the cart with the kid in it.

And of course you can't just leave your kid alone in the cart while you chase.

So if some one steals something from you in Wal-Mart

All I know to do is beat the piss out of them so they can't leave? :eek:

Maybe then they can do something about it.

All be warned - This woman is still on the loose and most likely will attempt this again.

Keep a close watch on your stuff.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest capt usa

It seems you really have to have SA when in Wally World. Just look at the "people of Wal-Mart" pictures and you'll know what I mean. My grandmother had her purse stolen in one a few years back. As I posted earlier, pay attention in the parking lot also. Be safe out there.

Guest boatme99

You didn't say, was the purse in the cart?

This kind of theft is nothing new. It's not a Wally World phenomenon. My mom was from N.Y. and never left her purse in the cart. She always carried it on her shoulder when in a store.

Know your surroundings and never let your guard down.

You didn't say, was the purse in the cart?

This kind of theft is nothing new. It's not a Wally World phenomenon. My mom was from N.Y. and never left her purse in the cart. She always carried it on her shoulder when in a store.

Know your surroundings and never let your guard down.

Yes the purse was in the cart, setting right beside the kid.

I guess carrying it would be a better option.

Apparently it not the policy here.

And I seen a guy carry put a $700 Dewalt tool kit from Lowes once.

The clerk shrugged and said, "well we can't do anything once he steps out the door".

Not sure what the deal is, but I'm guessing a good lawyer has made that the Normal Policy now?

These days the stores are scared more from a lawsuit than losing their merchandise. The stores nowadays have a "set" limit to the ammount of merchandise they can afford to lose to either damage or theft. I used to work for Lowe's( all we could do was follow the perp in the store, and try to disuade the thief from stealing. Once they got past the sidewalk we could call the cops( but til they pass the sidewalk, the store said we could not confront the customer/thief). Thing was Walmart was right up the road, they would call us when a repeat thief was heading from their store to ours.

Really i would advise women to carry their purses diagonally from the shoulder to the opposite side hip/waist. And be aware of your surroundings cause thieves will strike anywhere.

Apparently it not the policy here.

And I seen a guy carry put a $700 Dewalt tool kit from Lowes once.

The clerk shrugged and said, "well we can't do anything once he steps out the door".

Not sure what the deal is, but I'm guessing a good lawyer has made that the Normal Policy now?

And it ins't considered a theft until they leave the store. Kind of a catch 22. It is sad and a law should be passed that if you are injured while commiting a crime you have no legal right to sue for damages. Then inform security or whoever that once a shoplifter leaves with the merchandise beat the crap out of them and leave them on the corner for the ambulance/cops.

Dolomite

While opinions vary I also consider consuming the product STEALING !

Can't count the number of times I've seen people motoring through the store in their "handicap" cart with a bag of chips in the basket munching away. Several minutes later same mouthbreather, no bag ?!?!? I guess they drove up and paid for the bag and then returned to shopping,lol.

After mentioning this to the produce guy he said they write off at least $5,000 a month from his section alone in stolen product. I guess when you are 99.9% Chinese backed you can afford those kinds of losses :)

These days the stores are scared more from a lawsuit than losing their merchandise. The stores nowadays have a "set" limit to the ammount of merchandise they can afford to lose to either damage or theft. I used to work for Lowe's( all we could do was follow the perp in the store, and try to disuade the thief from stealing. Once they got past the sidewalk we could call the cops( but til they pass the sidewalk, the store said we could not confront the customer/thief)...

This. The store will gladly trade a couple hundred dollars in merchandise for not having to use their attorneys. There have been plenty of lawsuits filed and won by thieves who were injured when tackled in the parking lot. So... steal a $200 saw, get banged up when they tackle you outside the store, sue, and cash a $200,000 check. Winner!

You have to remember.... we have a legal system, not a justice system.

While opinions vary I also consider consuming the product STEALING !

Can't count the number of times I've seen people motoring through the store in their "handicap" cart with a bag of chips in the basket munching away. Several minutes later same mouthbreather, no bag ?!?!? I guess they drove up and paid for the bag and then returned to shopping,lol.

After mentioning this to the produce guy he said they write off at least $5,000 a month from his section alone in stolen product. I guess when you are 99.9% Chinese backed you can afford those kinds of losses :)

I see this all the time as well. I see people grab a big bag of weighables (if that is a word) then eat half the bag before checkout. I have even tried to explain to people but they don't get it saying it isn't stealing because they are paying for it. I saw a guy two days ago grab a piece of fruit and eat it. He noticed that I saw him but it didn't faze him.

It is amazing how often this goes on. Every trip to the store I see empty soda cans or other empty packages. I have rarely seen people walk in with an item. This only tells me people are doing what is described above, consuming products while in the store.

My local store doesn't even prosecute caught shoplifters. He tells them to put the items back and never do it again. Problem with that is it only empowers them to do it more. Another more disturbing thing is when you think about where some shoplifters hide their loot, down their pants. I know of one person who was caught stealing from my local store who has a very serious staph infection with oozing postules all over his body, he also has Hepatitus. The steaks he stole were under his clothes against his skin where he has these postules. When he got caught those packages were put back on the shelf for other customers to grab or take home without knowing. Hepatitus can stay active well beyond the time it would take for the steaks to sell or go bad.

The store owner refuses to prosecute saying it costs him too much because in most cases the local court requires witnesses to be present or they will dismiss the charges. So, according to him, by the time he pays for the witness's salary and the salary of their in store replacement it costs way more than the product that was stolen. He rarely even calls the cops.

The problem is that we are such a litigious society. Like I said before there should be a law that if you get hurt during the commission of a crime you have no recourse. I also believe there should be some standardized form of corporal punishment because jail is too easy as it is. Perhaps, after they have been convicted and while in jail a random weekly tazing while you serve or probations consists of a weekly tazing as well. Tazing has been proven safe for the most part and when people feel the pain of what they have done it might make them think.

And before someone screams it is too much think about this, it isn't that hard to stay out of trouble. And if you stay out of jail you avoid the punishment. Afterall millions of people do it everyday.

Dolomite

Even though his stuff is crap nowadays I always have to think back to ol Jim Carrey's line in LIAR LIAR when I think of crime in this country. Middle of the movie and he can't lie, he's stir crazy and several things are happening all at once. All of a sudden amidst the chaos his dainty little secretary tells him it's (a repeat offender) on the phone and he's in jail again. Mr. repeat offender wants to know what to do. Carrey grabs the phone, and with it held out in front of him staring straight at it he yells "STOP BREAKING THE LAW A**HOLE ! "

There's another scene mixed in with all this that mimics what many of you are saying. If I recall his little secretary, knowing he can't lie, explains that she had a friend that was once broken into and upon the thief entering the house fell through a skylight and broke his leg (maybe cut it, can't recall) Point is the thief sues for $X,XXX. Of course Carrey being a lawyer and not being able to lie he says he would have got him twice that, lol.

Point of that flashback is that it covers both sides of this situation and where everyone stands. All of us on here that walk that straight and narrow can't understand why it's so hard not to steal and thieve from others. While the crook mentality is so close to that of the entitlement crowd that I can't tell the two apart most days.

I ran a video game store in GA before the criminals could get sleazy lawyers. One of my employees saw a customer steal a gameboy. He then followed him to the parking lot with a broom and beat him with it grabbed the gameboy and walked back in the store and announce to the store "That's how we handle theives, anyone else wanna try" He was promoted to assistant 3mo later.

Guest bkelm18

If I'm just a cashier or stock-boy or whatever, I'm not chasing down anyone. It's not my property and I'm not risking my life over it. If the management wants to do something about it, they know their options and it doesn't include a cashier being stabbed, beaten, run over, etc. to stop a shoplifter.

Current news here has the same deal, some guy is grabbing purses at the walmarts. For a real eye opener, try this at your home and work addresses... https://www.crimereports.com/ . Mine today shows 1 rape, 11 assaults, 7 burgles, 11 thefts, 11 vehicle break ins, and more all in about the 1 mile radius between my workplace (using the default date range) and home (they are close together). Only the rape is unusual, the rest is just another week in chatt town.

Current news here has the same deal, some guy is grabbing purses at the walmarts. For a real eye opener, try this at your home and work addresses... https://www.crimereports.com/ . Mine today shows 1 rape, 11 assaults, 7 burgles, 11 thefts, 11 vehicle break ins, and more all in about the 1 mile radius between my workplace (using the default date range) and home (they are close together). Only the rape is unusual, the rest is just another week in chatt town.

Pretty neat site. I see we have several pervs in the neighborhood

Pretty neat site. I see we have several pervs in the neighborhood

Well, ....

Oak Ridge looks like selective reporting on this database. There are no crimes or pervs south of Illinois Avenue....Roughest hoods, with highest violent crime rates in town....

But, the good news is just outside OR, we have a new perv in the hood to match up with the other three, and there have been a dozen or so thefts nearby.