Nashville Storefront for Reloading supplys

Guest BobPayne44

Guest BobPayne44

is there a decent place in or around Nashville that has a storefront where you can just walk in get what you want as far as rifle reloading supply's as in powder, bullets, primers..

I need .223 stuff and don't want to pay all the has-mat fee's for shipping

Thanks

The Outpost Armory has recently expanded their reloading inventory. They have quite a selection now and a very knowledgable staff.

Mike

If you want to be able to browse and actually pick up and look at the products, the Outpost Armory is a poor place to shop. All their reloading supplies are behind a counter and you have to ask the "very knowledgeable staff" to get it for you. I don't know about you, but I like to pick up things and look at them before I buy. I may just want to read the label. At OA you can't do that.

The last time I was there(which will be the last time!), I asked one of the "very knowledgeable staff" if a certain powder would be good for both shotgun and pistol, and he picked up the container and said, "well, it has a picture of a pistol on the label, so it should be good for that".

I won't be going back there to buy reloading supplies. I'll be going to the Reloaders Bench or Lebanon Gun Shop for metallic loading, or the Collection Connection in Murfreesboro for shotgun reloading.

Nashville Sporting Arms on Charlotte beside the Nashville West shopping area is probably the closest to you. Not a huge selection of supplies like Reloader's Bench, but it's close and the folks that are running it now are super nice.

If he knows that you are going to regularly buy specific items, Chris will probably keep them in stock for you. Right now he just tries to stock the most common items and stuff he gets really good deals on.

I like the Outpost and have bought a bit of reloading supplies a time or two. They are a little pricy but they are convenient and I don't have to pay a hazmat fee for a small order. I don't depend on the 'knowledgeable staff' for helping me choose reloading supplies. I know what I want(right or wrong) when I walk in the door. TTT

Try Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville. A lot cheaper than Reloaders Bench and Bass Pro. You can call them and place a order. Then go pick it up there. But they want you to have the correct change when you pay for your order. gearyr

Guest BobPayne44

Thanks everyone for all the info looks like two top places would be reloaders bench and midway

midway is only about 20 miles from me where reloaders bench is 50 i like to Ride my Goldwing also so either way

sounds like a good roadtrip to reloaders bench one day next week

Just be prepared to kick a couple of mall-ninja's out of the way to get to the counter. The first couple times I was in there, they had 3 or 4 "very large regulars" just standing at the counter blocking the isle. They were just shooting the bull with one of the employees, and making it really difficult to get around the store. The last time I was in there, it was much better.

That is not an indictment of the staff. They have always been helpful and pretty informative. Just need to clear out some of the riff-raff IMHO

Just be prepared to kick a couple of mall-ninja's out of the way to get to the counter.

That's why I quit going there. I try hard to shop locally. It is a pretty far drive for me to go there and every single time I needed a lead blocker just to get to the register.

For all I know those guys spend a lot of money there. I hope so as I won't be any more. Not angry, just don't have time for BS...

Mark

Just be prepared to kick a couple of mall-ninja's out of the way to get to the counter. The first couple times I was in there, they had 3 or 4 "very large regulars" just standing at the counter blocking the isle. They were just shooting the bull with one of the employees, and making it really difficult to get around the store. The last time I was in there, it was much better.

That is not an indictment of the staff. They have always been helpful and pretty informative. Just need to clear out some of the riff-raff IMHO

I think those guys live there! Pretty much the same guys standing in the way telling the same lies everytime I've ever been in there. Just ask them politely to move over.

I think those guys live there! Pretty much the same guys standing in the way telling the same lies everytime I've ever been in there. Just ask them politely to move over.

I see the same guys hogging the counter too. Step one: remove the stools, so they have to stand to "hang out".

Regardless, I find equipment and powder cheaper at RB than anywhere I've been so far. Primers and bullets...not so much.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but there is a place called "Champions Choice" (http://www.champchoice.com/) just off Walton Rd in Lavergne. They have very good prices on projectiles and other reloading supplies. For example, 500 Sierra Matchking 77grain projectiles are $105 (http://www.champchoice.com/detail.aspx?ID=1707). If you know what you want, I recommend checking them out. Very few people know of the place because it is primarily a online ordering place. But you can go in and buy stuff there over the counter if you wish. It's not a store front, but I generally don't go there to window shop. They are cheaper than Reloaders Bench on a lot of items.

I also shop at Reloaders Bench.

John

The last time I was there(which will be the last time!), I asked one of the "very knowledgeable staff" if a certain powder would be good for both shotgun and pistol, and he picked up the container and said, "well, it has a picture of a pistol on the label, so it should be good for that".

They fixed that. Adam from the Reloaders bench is now the store manager and should be able to give an intelligent answer to a simple question like that.

Mike