What are you plans for Christmas? Doing anything special?

mav

What are your plans for Christmas?

I will more than likely do the same thing as I do every year, head up to my sister's house and have dinner and Christmas with the family.

Judging by some of the recent bourbon threads, I would say some are planning on having a very merry Christmas. ;)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Kid is grown so Christmas day is mostly just another day. We give cash for Xmas presents. Already sent a check to Salvation Army weeks ago.

All the relatives get together for lunch at old Dad's on Christmas Eve day.

Been meaning to test some reloads at PC, but been so fried this week after the December rush programming, haven't been able to make it out of the house yet. Been overcast every day and it gets dark so quick. Might help if I could go to bed at a decent hour and wake up before noon.

Christmas Eve we probably won't get home from Dads in time for me to get to PC before nightfall. Dunno if it is politically correct to go shooting on Christmas day. :) The basement apartment still needs rewiring after daughter finally moved out. Maybe that would be something to do Christmas day. Maybe test my ammo on Monday if the weather is clear and I can make it out the front door.

Yes it is true-- I have no life! But that's OK, things are doing good enough regardless. :)

Going to exchange gifts with brother and Mom at her house early. Then go to my grandparents to eat breakfast with my Dad's side of the family. Then back to my Mother's house to eat lunch with her side of the family. I will be cooking the turkey for lunch too. Hopefully will be sitting down and enjoying a nice glass of some kind of whiskey that night. Just enjoying family and counting our blessings.

First thing tomorrow morning I get to crawl under the house and work on the plumbing. After that, if I have time I'll work on the goat pen and at least try to get the posts set for the gate. Then lunch with my wife's brother, sister-in-law and stepmom. Then more honeydo's. Sunday morning I'll give my wife the two little gifts I got for her and graciously accept her apology for not getting me anything. Sunday afternoon, I'll try to finish up the goat pen while the Christmas ham is cooking in the smoker grill. Monday I'll go back to praying for either a mild winter or for the furnace that we can't afford to replace to start working again. I doubt that either will happen, but hope is everything.

Merry Christmas.

A quet day at home with my wife, mother, brother, and father in law. Youngest stepchild flies in from NYC late in the day. Christmas ham. Rest, reflection on life since last Christmas, a spirit of thanks, and a prayer for all that they will know a sense of peace in whatever way they need to know it . . .

Guest Mad4rcn

My family actually had our gathering on Thursday evening.My oldest son had just a few days before he had to be back on post and we decided to exchange gifts that evening.I have two children and my wife has two children and its very hard to get them all in one place at the same time,and Thursday was it...lol.The children are grown,so they say anyways,so we only have one left in the house,that would be my baby,18 yr old.So I guess Christmas will be just the three of us spending the day preparing for dinner that evening.

I can remember my wife and I thinking about life at home without children here,we're gonna do this and we're gonna do that...I'll be honest with you,if we could get them all back at home now,it would be fine with us...lol. Enjoy your children,they won't be small for long !!

Guest WyattEarp

chilling with my mom and dad, and our 3 cats, nursing a bud light, and getting ready to pop in Steve McQueen's Bullitt in the DVD Player and kick back and relax.

Wake up late, eat, go back to bed. There'll likely be beer in between there somewhere. No family here, just me and the wife thankfully.

Nothing against ya'lls family, but as far as I am concerned I reason it like this: If beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy, then family is proof satan hates us and wants us to be miserable.

Cheers to a quiet peaceful day, free from bickering and resentment.

I'll be working on Christmas Day :D, which is also my birthday :)..........but I'm so grateful to be employed again, and have so many other blessings in my life to celebrate, that it's not even a big deal.

Merry Christmas, and safe travels, to my fellow TGO'ers