Ammo is disappearing again :(

mk19

This really ruins my day, ammo prices are going up AGAIN and ammo is disappearing. Aimsurplus is out of 223 (brass case at least) and from last night till today some prices have gone up. Just needed to vent. Ammoman still has 223 but higher prices.

Yep and with Ruger's announcement that they aren't taking any more orders this year the famine will continue with ammo and guns. I talked to Daniel Defense at the end of February and they told me they were already 90% sold out!. This is going to be an interesting year. :(

Not like we didn't see this coming. I've been loading up steadily over the past several months in anticipation. Still might order another 1000 rounds just to have on hand to use at the firing range instead of burning hours running around down trying to find ammo as it gets closer to election time.

I really haven't seen a big shortage. Yeah every store isn't packed to the gills but, I can usually find what I'm looking for. But I do see signs it's coming. That's why I stocked up from dlm37015 at the last gun show.

Edited by Lumber_Jack

i am in kansas city this weekend the big ammo dealers here have raised prices 10 % or so 223 is 350.00 per case. i will tell you about 6 weeks ago i boughr 500 cases of primers and have beeen selling them for about the same as today replacement cost.my contact with surplus brass sales tells me that brass has to be destroyed again so thats not going to help either.the big shortages i am finding are bullets

dlm37015 - I was going to PM you but thought others may find it useful info. I know you're a busy guy but is there any info you can share that would explain the reason why brass has to be destroyed. Just looking to understand the why's of what causes this phenomenon. Thanks if you're able to shed some light on the subject.

Paranoid fear of another four year term does not itself destroy brass. I don't enjoy Obama or his policies anymore than the next guy but I refuse to think it is that simplistic.

I've seen prices going up but no real reduction in inventory anywhere. Then again, I've only been to Wal-mart and Academy. A month or so ago, I was able to buy 100 rd value packs of Federal 9mm for $19.99. I've not seen them since but I've only looked once and I didn't really expect that to last anyway.

Guest 6.8 AR

As far as ammo going up, I wouldn't doubt it, but at the Walmart in Camden, there was plenty

and reasonable prices. I usually go in that one because I hate the crowd in the ones in Clarksville.

Stocked up on .44mag and .357mag. Roll my own on the 9mm and .45acp.

Now, the gun shows probably are going up in price like everything else there, except you, DLM.

Direct correlation between politics and ammunition, nowadays.

Guest Lester Weevils

My local wallyworld looked short on stock last night. About all I buy from em nowadays is cci minimag, but the only cci they had in stock was dang .22 shorts. Didn't carefully study the ammo shelves but they looked pretty empty.

Dang, forgot to ask about Blazer .22. The feller said they had a couple of fed bulk packs, maybe they had some blazer too. Some of ya'll were saying the blazer is about as good as the minimag, but I keep forgetting to look for it.