Where to find good sushi

Anyone else enjoy some good sushi? I had to meet up with a fellow TGOer this evening, so my girlfriend and I decided to get some sushi. We ended up at Shogun at exit 4. OMG, they have some very good sushi. It's not the cheapest, but good sushi is worth the money, imho.

Where are some of your favorite sushi joints?

Arigato Sayonara in Rivergate. Always fresh and great people. The wife favors plum wine at the Japanese places and they serve it so it is a win win. It's next door to Longhorn Steakhouse.

Koto used to be my favorite, but they were slipping before they moved and it hasn't gotten any better. Ken's is pretty good.

Fujiyama is probably the best I have had recently. It is reasonably priced (as sushi goes) and very good.

Sushi is very subjective in my experience, so I wouldn't rule many places out. Kobe and Goten are the only places I would caution you against. They are just too expensive for what you get. Nothing wrong with the food, but not worth the premium in my opinion.

• Like 1

I've actually just recently tried sushi and I must say I kinda like it. There is a restaurant in Columbia called Fujiyama. It's next to Kroger's. They have a le cart sushi. I've tried the yellow fun, red snapper, octopus and crab. May go back tonight. I've gotten hooked on "kani" salads. Here's the octopus I ate. Suckers and all aefcb9ec-fb81-f3c7.jpg

Guest Shootermcgavin

Little Tokyo in pigeon forge is some of the best I've found. Also the little place off of Hillsboro village in nashville on belcourt is good. If you go to little Tokyo you should prob try the squid salad (ask and they might make it spicy).

Edited by Shootermcgavin

Got to second Nama's in Knoxville. It's a bit expensive though. At work we go to Kampai a lot for Sushi. It's half the cost of Nama's, but still real good! For general Japanese food, nothing beat Wasabi's with Little Tokyo running a very close second!!! I love Japanese!!!

Kohana is probably the most popular in Clarksville. Fujiama (exit 4) and Kori (exit 11) are both pretty good. Shogun and Hananoki are Japanese steakhouses that also have sushi, but I would rate their sushi below the other 3 places.

Ken's is really good too.

Shintomi in Green Hills is really good, many authentic non sushi items on the menu also. My nephew's fiancee is Japanese, we took them there last year for dinner and she was very impressed. Koi is Franklin is good, south of downtown about 3 miles on Columbia Avenue, they also rock at Thai.