Classifieds Sales Seem A Little Slow

Or not,seems I am seeing a lot more for sale than has been sold,I wonder if everyone is holding their breath and waiting to see what happens with the upcoming fiasco in November.Considering the ammo hub bub is starting again.Whats your fella's take on it?

Guest bkelm18

I would doubt there are that many fewer postings. It just seems that way since there aren't constant bumps and numerous conversations going on.

I agree that the constant conversations in 'for sale' threads kept them bumping and kept the highly sought after items in front of buyers eyes. I think if people would use and browse the sale threads now, they would work just fine. I think a lot of guns were sold to non-active members who just stopped in to see the sale ads but don't participate in discussions. Those guys probably don't spend much time sorting through lots if pages of ads.

Now that we have a bump option in the classifieds I think that will help.

I don’t think they show up in the “View New Content†on the main forum…. Do they?

I use to click on some there if something caught my eye.

Yep. I used to view most of the classifieds, and now I don't see any. They're isolated now. The couple of deals I made on TGO were spur of the moment. Both were very fast too.

I don't really care either way. Just making the observation that I was a participant, and now I'm not. I can see how it's better for active users.

After seeing this thread last night on my phone and decided to go to classifieds. They did not show up with Tap-a-Talk on my phone or I couldn't find them. I used to browse the classifieds at lunch through phone and now it doesn't show up.

I have not noticed many new classified ads. Do they not come up when you enter the forum and hit new posts sense the last time you logged on? Or is it now a separated from the main forum? From looking at the headings at the top of the page, I believe the latter is correct. My 2 cents, unless I am looking for something i my never check the classifieds. If on the other hand, I am looking at new posts and see something of interest for sale I would check it out.

After seeing this thread last night on my phone and decided to go to classifieds. They did not show up with Tap-a-Talk on my phone or I couldn't find them. I used to browse the classifieds at lunch through phone and now it doesn't show up.

Go to forums->TGO Trading Post (archive only)->TGO Classifieds. This will open a link in your web browser. It's pretty simple, most just don't know how to get there. Or if you change the setti ga it will even open the link inside the app itself, which is what I use most.

Edited by Lumber_Jack
Guest drv2fst

Another issue is perception. With the old system ads for items that have already been sold stayed around for a while. There were a lot of "that was a good deal" and "that was fast" comments that kept a closed sale active for a while.

With this new system as soon a something is sold the seller can just delete the ad and it's gone.

All I know is the new classifieds have saved me alot of money. About the only thing I look at is new posts, therefore I never see anything for sale anymore.

I did & have bought alot of things from posting on this site & as of right now I have looked at the classified section a total of 2 times.