Disgrace to the Flag

So the early morning hours of July 4th myself and other officers responded to a road the city has placed American Flags. We find flags ripped and thrown on the ground. Finally see a subject who has one of the city owned flags. This total disrespect for our nation's flag really ticked me off but to top it off they were forein born that now live here and work at a local restaurant. I really had to bite my tongue when dealing with them. Oh yea he only got a $2,500 bond which isn't crap.

Pain103, thank you for your service to our country, and your selfcontrol in this.

I am going to bite my tongue here.... :mad:

I wont, THAT POS NEEDS HIS A@# BEAT, AND PUT IN JAIL!!!

• Like 1

despicable!

I for one would like to see the green card, visa and immigration laws amended to include immediate and permanent deportation for those that disrespect our national heritage and national symbols.

You're a better person the me for holding your tongue.

I would wonder what they might be doing to the food where the work based on their character and morals?

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1
Guest bkelm18

despicable!

I for one would like to see the green card, visa and immigration laws amended to include immediate and permanent deportation for those that disrespect our national heritage and national symbols.

You're a better person the me for holding your tongue.

I would wonder what they might be doing to the food where the work based on their character and morals?

So you're willing to suspend the first amendment for immigrants? Disrespecting the flag is not a crime. Don't get me wrong, it makes my blood boil to see people disrespect the flag, but deep down I know it needs to be that way, lest we start chipping away at the very freedoms the flag represents.

So you're willing to suspend the first amendment for immigrants? Disrespecting the flag is not a crime. Don't get me wrong, it makes my blood boil to see people disrespect the flag, but deep down I know it needs to be that way, lest we start chipping away at the very freedoms the flag represents.

Vandalism, however, IS a crime.

• Like 2

Vandalism, however, IS a crime.

A vandalism and littering charge for each and every flag would be great. As well as the fact they were probably intoxicated leading to a public intoxication charge. Then there is the impeding traffic violation for walking in the middle of the road. And finally the resisting arrest charge to cover the mandatory ass beating the criminal deserves.

I wonder if this can be used to start deportation proceedings. I know it doesn't happen as often as it used to but maybe the INS needs to hear about this criminal's antics.

All in a perfect world.

Dolomite

Maybe he could have "resisted arrest with violence".

Then it just would have made fronrt page news and all cops would be called all sorts of names. Then a post would be made and all cops would be bad people that violate everyones civil rights.

• Like 1

Then it just would have made fronrt page news and all cops would be called all sorts of names. Then a post would be made and all cops would be bad people that violate everyones civil rights.

That almost never happens.

I agree. . .Freedom of Expression. . .the immigrants had the right to express themselves by disrespecting the flag. . .I (and any of my other fellow Americans) have the right to express ourselves by beating their A$$!

Seems like full exercise of the 1st Amendment in my book

I agree. . .Freedom of Expression. . .the immigrants had the right to express themselves by disrespecting the flag. . .I (and any of my other fellow Americans) have the right to express ourselves by beating their A$$!

Seems like full exercise of the 1st Amendment in my book

Never mind the fact that what you are describing would be aggravated assault.

Yes I am if you're not a born or naturalized citizen of the U.S. You should not have full rights until you are a legal citizen, much less disrespect / decimate the symbol that millions gave their last measure for, not withstanding millions more maimed and dismembered for life.

I certainly can see your point and the implications of such a proposal if enacted, however... Would you personally allow people like this in your home and/or associate with them? I consider the USA 8 generations of home and each generation of the family tree served in the military, to protect our way of life. Still in this day and age, my way of life isn't spitting in the face of Americans by desecrating the American flag, for which it stands.

We're giving up freedoms now in the name of national security, and the majority of us on TGO are legal citizens. I'm more worried about maintaining the bill of rights for legal citizens than disrespectful aliens.

We have enough legal citizens of low moral character as it is, we don't need to spread out the welcome wagon for more.

Sorry about the rant but that's a touchy subject with me and how my brain reasons.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I know I'd darn sure be aggravated...

smilielol5.gif

I sure would be too. But last time I checked kicking someone azz wasn’t a felony..... but I may be wrong, thats why I asked.

Yes I am if you're not a born or naturalized citizen of the U.S. You should not have full rights until you are a legal citizen, much less disrespect / decimate the symbol that millions gave their last measure for, not withstanding millions more maimed and dismembered for life.

I certainly can see your point and the implications of such a proposal if enacted, however... Would you personally allow people like this in your home and/or associate with them? I consider the USA 8 generations of home and each generation of the family tree served in the military, to protect our way of life. Still in this day and age, my way of life isn't spitting in the face of Americans by desecrating the American flag, for which it stands.

We're giving up freedoms now in the name of national security, and the majority of us on TGO are legal citizens. I'm more worried about maintaining the bill of rights for legal citizens than disrespectful aliens.

We have enough legal citizens of low moral character as it is, we don't need to spread out the welcome wagon for more.

Sorry about the rant but that's a touchy subject with me and how my brain reasons.

I agree with you Dennis. The SCOTUS may call the desecration of the flag freedom of speech, but I don’t.

I think its worse though when American citizens do it. It may be legal to desecrate it if you own it, but if you don’t own it; it’s a crime. If I was a cop this case would get special attention from me, and I would hope the DA and the Judge feel the same.

That wouldn't be considered assault and battery?

As I read the law it would be simple assault. 39-13-101 a misdemeanor.

Aggravated assault is generally a felony and would involve a weapon or more “serious bodily injure†under 39-13-102.