UN Small Arms Treaty

Guest spartan

Guest spartan

Sign this

Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey to let your voice be heard about the UN Small Arms Treaty. Just another progressive move to strip law abiding Americans of our 2nd Amendment Rights!

Let's tell them that they WON'T take our guns without a fight.

Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey

Guest Bassman17SC

Guys, this is serious business. You need to contact your Senators (RINOs that they are) Alexander and Corker. The Senate ratifies the treaties.

Gun Owners of America has set up a nice link to send a form letter: http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=61540126

You can also go directly to the Senators' web sites: https://www.corker.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=ContactMe

Tell them to VOTE NO!

Here's what I sent... short and to the point.

Senator ____,

Please vote NO to the UN Small Arms Treaty. The implications of the treaty represent a huge infringement on the rights and privileges guaranteed by the Constitution. Please do not allow President Obama's administration yet another avenue to make life for us simple working folk even worse. Don't forget who pays the bills here.

Kind Regards,

And here's Alexander's contact page... http://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Email

I sent letters to both of the senators yesterday.Like stated this is serious business.This whole almost 4yrs have been a total backstep for America.However I have seen some true colors of people during these past years.Some good and some not so good.

I believe that if the UN sends enforcers, we will see armed rebellion.

Glenn

Have you ever seen the UN send "enforcers" anywhere? The US is the UN in terms of any teeth. Without us the UN is about as valid as my own international government that I created and preside over. My latest decree is to have Sweden send all their bikini models to my doorstep for quality control inspection. If they do not comply I will do what the UN does when someone doesn't comply which is write a letter to their government demanding something that I know has no hope of being honored. Obama could wake up tomorrow and just start aimlessly launching ICBMs and the UN would do nothing.

Edited by TMF 18B

Those blue helmets make great target markers.

All kidding aside, 95% of gun owners would turn in their firearms under threat of jail. Of the 5% remaining 4% would just hide their guns and pretend like they don't have them and show them to friends a couple of times a year. The 1% that are willing to do something will likely not stand a chance against any UN invaders. And because of the US being the fist of the UN you will likely see US soldiers, and their equipment, doing the majority of the leg work. It will also be US citizens who will be loosing the most in terms of both lives and freedom.

On a side not, I just pulled up Posse Comitatus on Wiki and it says that it is unlawful to use US troops for enforcement of laws unless directed by the President. Wonder when that changed? I guess it is the liberal side numbing us to it before it happens.

Dolomite

I had an interesting conversation with an elderly couple(late 60s to early 70s) at work last night. They were upper middle class looking to order a high end microwave(I sell appliances). While on hold with Electrolux to get a price for microwave, the lady asked what I thought about the SCOTUS ruling about Obamacare and the conversation turned to the upcoming Small Arms Treaty. We talked about my passion for guns as well as theirs. The last thing this lady told me was that if this treaty is signed and ratified she would be in the field with a rifle in hand. Don't count out the people of the USA. The largest standing militia in the world is the registered hunters in 4 states in the US. I pray that the US Senate is smart enough to see the hornets nest it is stirring up. I will say Armies are great but Guerrilla warfare is brutal. One man fighting for a cause is worth 10 hired guns. Will the US Army actually turn on their families to uphold a treaty that is clearly unconstitutional.

• Like 1

Those blue helmets make great target markers.

All kidding aside, 95% of gun owners would turn in their firearms under threat of jail. Of the 5% remaining 4% would just hide their guns and pretend like they don't have them and show them to friends a couple of times a year. The 1% that are willing to do something will likely not stand a chance against any UN invaders. And because of the US being the fist of the UN you will likely see US soldiers, and their equipment, doing the majority of the leg work. It will also be US citizens who will be loosing the most in terms of both lives and freedom.

On a side not, I just pulled up Posse Comitatus on Wiki and it says that it is unlawful to use US troops for enforcement of laws unless directed by the President. Wonder when that changed? I guess it is the liberal side numbing us to it before it happens.

Dolomite

Those are probably accurate estimates and projection of events.

As far as Posse Comitatus, I recall grumblings about Bush wanting to review or make changes to it after Katrina. I'll do some looking around.

I sent letters to both of the senators yesterday.

^^^^ This.

If you feel strongly about something like this write a letter and mail it. On-line petitions are worthless and most are nothing more than scams for data mining.

Your Senators and Congressmen may or may not see your emails, but they can’t ignore bundles of mail.

^^^^ This.

If you feel strongly about something like this write a letter and mail it. On-line petitions are worthless and most are nothing more than scams for data mining.

Your Senators and Congressmen may or may not see your emails, but they can’t ignore bundles of mail.

I guess I should start doing this. Whenever I get a return email from one of them it is usually worded "I feel strongly about this issue" or "your insight will help my staff and I consider this issue" but never an answer on "this is where I stand." I guess if I snail mail stuff at least it's enough of an inconvenience to throw it in the 86 file versus just hitting the delete button. I haven't even got anything back from Alexander after sending an email several weeks ago.

I've written a few paper letters to my Congressmen but pretty much gave up since all I ever got back were form, "I appreciate your input but I know better than you" responses. Only took a few before I gave up so I reckon they are doing something right, or wrong as the case may be.

Edited by sigmtnman

Have a question about all this that perhaps someone here could answer. As i understand it the Bill of Rights isn't law per se but an enumeration of our God given rights. I think some people would say they're human rights. So, these aren't conferred by the government only recognized by it that all citizens have them. Since the 2A is a right rather than privilege how is this treaty, which would be on par w/ law if ratified, nullify it? How can you write a law or ratify a treaty that could remove a right? Sorry to be thick here but its not making a bit of sense to me. Its like saying a dogs not a dog b/c I say so. In fact it really is a dog and always will be a dog despite trying to redefine it to be something else. That line of thinking is juvenile at best.

Guest 6.8 AR

Rights can be given or taken. Depending on what kind of government and on how that government

functions. Just because it was "enumerated" doesn't matter if the wrong people are in charge and decide

to make you into a subject. Subjects have right only to the whim of their ruler. We are entering into a

stage in this country where the Constitution doesn't seem to matter, and if we don't get that attitude back,

our goose is overcooked.

We have one in there, right now, who thinks he is a ruler.

...How can you write a law or ratify a treaty that could remove a right? ...

Plenty of precedent for ignoring 2A on same level as other of our "rights".

It is infringed by federal government: you can't own certain types of firearms without paying tax, can't personally sell or buy across state lines, can't carry weapons in the very public buildings "you" own, etc.

It's also infringed in every state of the union, just a matter of degree as to how flagrantly. Unlike other of the Bill of Rights which have been given full incorporation and thus binding on the individual states, 2A merely gets a bit of periodic selective lip service by the federal justice system. And reluctant at that -- takes the tooth pulling of full SCOTUS action, and 5-4 squeakers too, ala Heller and McDonald.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

jimg, You are exactly right. They cannot strip this right or any other in the Bill of Rights from us, they do no originate with government. Not to say a bunch of people won't roll over and let them get away with it....but I'll be in the field with the woman in jtmaze's post.

jimg, You are exactly right. They cannot strip this right or any other in the Bill of Rights from us, they do no originate with government. Not to say a bunch of people won't roll over and let them get away with it....but I'll be in the field with the woman in jtmaze's post.

You really think that 2A has not been infringed in TN?