Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

Tennessee license plate connection proves false.

The perpetrator Holmes is a CU-Denver Medical Student on a PhD track who has recently withdrawn from school for as yet unspecified reasons. The police are preparing to disassemble booby-traps in his apartment, which is in a complex reportedly exclusive to med students and medical personnel.

Early speculation on my part suggests that his mental state was such that he had to withdraw from school, and out of a sense of entitlement and rage at this action, decided to shoot up a crowd to burden his medical colleagues. Or, something along those lines. Pure speculation on my part.

Guest vca2004

Tragic event. I pray for the families. Now, this is another thread that blows my mind. Almost immediately people start speculating about Muslims and terrorism and gun control. When the shooter turns out to be a thug white kid people start blaming the media for jumping the gun. Naturally the lame king ( Obama ) is brought into it and now we are on the way to gun control?

One thing that I have learned on TGO from the Zimmerman debates is that we all rush to judgement too fast. This is simply another American tragedy where guns were used. Obama had nothing to do with it. The race war won't be starting during the Batman movie and the Muslims are still working on their game plan for world dominance so you still have time to prep.

Good day,

Links2k

+1

Well said!

... and two glocks.

both .40

One was used in theater along with the AR and 870, one was found in his car, unsure if used.

71 shot in all, 12 dead thus far.

All according to police chief in live press conference.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Police press conference says ballistic helmet, ballistic vest, ballistic leggings, throat and groin protector.

Can't remember the legality of a private citizen owning these . . . in any event, who was his supplier?

Also, after parking his car behind the theater, he reportedly kicked in the emergency door near the screen. The police chief was asked about whether or not someone opened the door for him, that is, an accomplice. The police chief dodged the question.

I know the doors at my local theater opens outwards. Exits are made to run at and get out quickly not step back and open. He had to have friends who helped get him weapons and armor.

I doubt he had the money to buy it all.

Is that the sad state of affairs here in the US Patriot? I am afraid the answer is yes...

The presser was really good by the govenor and the mayor. Unlike after the Lochner issue they were nonpolitical and didn't jump on stupid things - the governor even said something about going on about our lives and maintaing our freedoms (paraphrased).

This is really sad, and very frustrating. I still intend to go. I am not worried, and will not allow this nonsense to cause me to be fearful to enjoy my life.

Guest rebeldrummer

wow those are some crazy details...

all that body armor.

the tear gas.

higher end weapons (well, to some degree...not a HP or crap like that)

and then the door issue...i mean, if he were KICKING in the back door, SURELY someone would have heard it? RIGHT??

unless it was open or there was someone there to open it??

this is getting crazy....

In a report early this morning ... A news reporter commented on the belief that a couple of the weapons may have been stored INSIDE the movie theater.

The perp could have gone to a movie earlier in the day, hid the weapons and propped the exit door open so he could easily re-enter later on in the evening. Just speculation, but that is what i figured since exit only exits would not be able to get kicked in. They would need to be battle rammed or something.

Edited by xRUSTYx
Guest profgunner

Old school justice. Just sayin.

"The condemned men would be transported in a cart – usually from Marshalsea Prison, across London Bridge and past the Tower of London, in a procession headed by the High Court Marshal on his horse. Crowds would line the riverbank in order to get a good view of the procession and subsequent hanging. Hanging was deliberately done using a shortened rope, to prolong the suffering of those convicted, who would slowly be strangled to death. The flailing of their limbs as they struggled was known as the Marshal’s dance or the hempen jig. Traditionally, their corpses were then left to hang until three tides had swept over their bodies. If the Admiralty wanted a stronger message to be conveyed to the public, it would arrange for the most infamous criminals to be tarred and hung in chains on the Thames, so those on boats going past would see the bodies and be deterred from committing crimes on the High Seas themselves." - The Pirates at Execution Dock

Wonder how he came about such popular weapons and all the armor he had. No way he prepared all that alone imo.

It is perfectly legal to have body armor. As a matter of fact ANYONE can buy a brand new 3A vest for $200. Every pawn shop outside of every military base sells Kevlar helmets for CHEAP. Or you can go online and buy them.

An AK, 870 and a couple of Glocks are not hard to come by. Most of us here own more than that.

Dolomite

I just heard a radio interview where one of the movie patrons said that a young guy answered a cell phone and then proceeded to open the exit door for the shooter. Cops won't verify.

Edited by LINKS2K

I just heard a radio interview where one of the movie patrons said that a young guy answered a cell phone and then proceeded to open the exit door for the shooter. Cops won't verify.

who knows, the shooter could have duped one of his "friends" into helping him sneak into the theater to see the movie for free. He very well could have had an intentional accomplis, or he could have had an unintentional accomplis.

Edited by Lumber_Jack

I'd be checking to see if he had a background in shooting and owning guns. I could see him having all these guns if he had been into that stuff for a while. But if he all of a sudden got all this stuff on a college kids budget then something is shady.

I just wanna see them rule out a weapon supplier or help from firends to plan this out.

It was the shooter.

He placed the equipment outside of the exit door. He either received a call or pretended to receive a call then exited the side door. A few minutes later he entered the theater again and began shooting. He did have a ticket for the movie in his possession as well.

Dolomite

Reported on Fox that all 4 guns legally bought at various Gander Mountain and Bass Pro stores. Didn't catch timeframe.

Obviously, money wasn't much of an object if buying there.

Dunno if anyone mentioned, apparently no CO carry permit, always a minor relief in such matters.

Starting to hear more about "high capacity ammo clips", sigh.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot