Military Convoy US

I was traveling Northbound yesterday out of South Alabama and passed at-least four separate LONG military convoys. When we approached the 840 bypass there was a digital sign board telling them to take 840. I've never seen that before and wondered if there was any significance to it. All of the convoys appeared to contain training support stuff and it is summer but these were long convoys. Mostly lots of empty tracker trailers heading northbound with a few comm, med, maintenance humvee's in the line including one truck with potable water and two low amp generators. Is this typical national guard training stuff?

Elite US Army shock troops prepositioning their equipment and resources so they can suppress/violate our Constitutional rights

Sarcasm of the above noted.

Agree with others -- annual training and normal summertime weekend movements.

The National Guard(s) of the various States would be unlikely to engage in an illegal Executive Action to suppress or violate the Constitution. If the current occupant of the White House tried such a stunt, he'd pretty quickly realize he was attempting to wield a two-edged sword and would likely get cut in the process.

I did see a 30 or so vehicle convoy on TN 840 near Smyrna heading towards I-40 about 1445 on Sunday.

Edited by QuietDan

A friend of mine called me when he saw Hummer's next to interstate 65 North outside of Columbia with guys with rifles slung over their shoulders standing by the road. He also saw a sign near the Hermitage exit that said "convoys exit here". I went down 840 yesterday twice and didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone would post about it.

Edited by Kenstaroni

We used to see really weird things in New Mexico on the interstate.. But then again.. we lived on White Sands Missile Range..lol

Some of these vans they drove around on the highways where really.. ominous?.. Not sure how to explain it..

Gave me the heeby jeebies..

I used to drive one of those creepy 15 pax vans back and forth from El Paso... nothing super secret... just a bunch of drunkards being transported back from the gutter.

I was working traffic on the I65 Sunday when they came through here. It appeared to be National Guard units most were mechanics. They had to stop every so often to refuel. At times they ran out and had to send the humvees foward to an exit to get diesel to get some trucks back on the road. I talked to one of the Sergants asking for directions to a gas station with stalls big enough for them to fit. I didn't see any weapons I figured it was AT training time.

With OPSEC in consideration; I was the convoy commander for a large portion of what you saw, which are organic and task organized elements of a Battlefield Surveillance Brigade.

They (we) are participating in an exercise called Vibrant Response 13

Public Info:

http://www.arnorth.army.mil/News/Vibrant-Response--13.aspx

Or google for more.

The route; 65/840/40/Briley/65 was a beast. Think of the logistics of moving 400+ vehicles and 1000s of troops over public roads...

Edited by BimmerFreak
  • Like 2

We used to do this sort of stuff all the time. Huge convoys full of training equipment and such. I remember one time when we were getting ready to out of Atlanta, GA after stopping for a while. Some woman stopped me and asked if we were driving to Iraq. I laughed and politely said "no".

I really wanted to say "yeah, just as soon as we stop at the harbor and get some sails mounted on our trucks".

Here's your sign.

Edited by Seabeejason