Springfield XDS review by hickok45

waynesan

Here is a review of the Springfield XDS 45 by hickok45 on youtube. I usually enjoy his reiviews and I'm getting interested in this gun and liked the review he did. Thought others might be interested in this video as well.

Edited by waynesan

Here is a review of the Springfield XDS 45 by hickok45 on youtube. I usually enjoy his reiviews and I'm getting interested in this gun and liked the review he did. Thought others might be interested in this video as well.

I wish I had the range, the time and the ammo to burn like Hickok45. I like his reviews.

• Like 2

I realized a long time ago that there's something I like about every handgun I've ever seen so, I want one of each. That means my decision on which to get next always comes down to which has more to like. I don't hate any of them, but some will be pretty low on my priority list. The only real issue is funding.

This lil gun would be pretty close to the top of my theoretical list of small 45s to get "some day". I like it.

• Like 1
Guest brentt

ive shot one several times and thought it was a great gun. thought about buying one myself or talking my buddy outta his since I out shoot him with his own gun.

Mine was a lemon..traded it for a Kahr......

Springer and I will never be friends again

I understand. I had a Kahr once as a back-up and off-duty gun. One day on vacation, I took it out of the holster to check it before leaving the hotel for the day and found the end of the guide rod sticking out of the slide. The end of the cheap plastic captured guide rod had broken off rendering the entire pistol useless. The pistol had less than 500 rounds through it. I traded it in on a Smith revolver and swore of Kahr for life.

Did they not address the problem? Or do you write off an entire company because of a single lemon in a product line?

I did write them off,I traded my XDs for another firearm

but I did not write them off because they make sub par firearms

I wrote them off because they have a really poor customer service dept that is in

denial and likes to inform customers that if the product does not funtion 100% its not their fault

but the shooters.......

I've heard that about them before. I've also heard a few not so pleasant experiences about Kahr.

You can find bad stories about everybody though. I judge a company by its customer service not by a few bad eggs in a batch. I've had more than 10k rounds through my XDM9 and am just now having to replace springs. I also have a Kahr which I've not had any problems out of. However, if I ever did, I would judge the company by how they handle the problem. Now ask me how I feel about At&T. :)

Kahr is crazy,its run by some Korean moonie or some weird ness like that

The founder and owner, Justin Moon, is the son of the head of The Unification Church (aka the Moonies). From what I can find, the church and the company have no official ties beyond the owner being a member of the church.

On an earlier topic, I hadn't heard about Springfield's customer service issues. I've only owned one of their guns, an XD-45, which always worked great right up until the day I traded it away. My Kahr is picky about what hollow points it likes, but is otherwise a really nice pistol.