Minor EarthQuake

vontar

Step up.

Who felt the minor EarthQuake?

4.3 in Whitesburg KY

Oak Ridge TN according to my facebook allot of people felt it.

[url="http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/"]http://earthquake.us...arthquakes/map/[/url]

[url="http://oakridgetoday.com/2012/11/10/kentucky-earthquake-shakes-homes-in-east-tennessee/"]http://oakridgetoday...east-tennessee/[/url] Edited by vontar
I was sitting in my guestroom on my comp when the dogs starting barking and then my desk starting to shake a little.. like the dog was leaning up against it and scratching herself..I was about to yell at her to get out from under my desk
First I thought a copter was really low over the house ..lol

It was just a little rumble and over really fast'
I was mowing leaves about an hour ago, and when I quit to get a drink, my kids asked if I hit the house with the mower. They said the house shook for a moment. Guess that was it. We are quite a ways from Whitesburg Kentucky, or Knoxville for that matter. Will be interesting to see who else felt it. Edited by gregintenn

What time? I was on the deck staining some trim and the damn deck swayed. It was between 4-5 pm central. The
way my deck is built, you think your drunk before you get drunk, though. I probably hit something and made it move,
but I had a strange feeling how it moved. Never experienced one and probably too far away.

No, I wasn't drunk, last night :D

I felt it, felt like someone was running and jumping in my house shaking the floor a little bit. I thought my dad had come over and was rolling up the garage door which was right under me.

First earthquake/tremor I have felt, seems every other one we have had was in the middle of the night and I slept right through it.
Most of my family up in Somerset felt it, a couple of them were claiming their house was about to collapse the end of the world was coming and the legit ones said things shook a little bit, they didn't even realize it was an earthquake.
I live on the second story of a 3 level apartment building. Sitting on the sofa, it felt like a small wave came through. I heard the ceiling creek and wondered if a train derailed or something similar. After a few moments, I knew it was a tremor.

Quite the odd feeling, to be sure.
I was doing some sanding and stopped for a second to move my cord. I made sure not to hit anything and was just about to fire up the sander again and all of my stuff fell. I was pissed at myself until a neighbor came ofe a few minutes later and asked if I felt the ground move. I just laughed it off and figured he saw my stuff fall and was giving me a hard time. When I went in I saw on FB that there was an earthquake. I guess I did not knock that stuff over.
Pretty much like Garfua and OhShoot said. Shook the house pretty good. Ya could also hear the rumble. I thought it was some sort of ground wave (....turns out it was...) from a big explosion. Went outside to look for structural damage and to look for any signs of an explosion. The rumble was pretty loud.

leroy