John Kerry as the next Secretary of Defense?

[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352930588' post='845716']
....Kerry wont get it. Too much baggage....[/quote]

[quote name='AK Guy' timestamp='1352931046' post='845723']
...I also agree Kerry won't get it ...at least I hope not.
[/quote]

No worse a choice for the job than Sotomayor or Kagen for theirs, and would almost certainly succeed if submitted -- it's still an Obama Senate, ya know? And only takes 51% vote.

[quote name='AK Guy' timestamp='1352931046' post='845723']...at least I hope not.[/quote]

I think that's the more realistic statement.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
Senate confirmations can be filibustered, Mav. Only budgetary votes can pass with 50 + 1 vote majority,
unless Reid has pulled a fast one. I know he wants to.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352945039' post='845849']
Senate confirmations can be filibustered, Mav. Only budgetary votes can pass with 50 + 1 vote majority,
[/quote]

??

All presidential appointments require only 51% of Senate vote.

Yes, they can be filibustered to prevent vote if less than 3/5 support. I don't know how that's determined before a vote, though.

- OS
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352945039' post='845849']
[/quote]

Are you talking to me? I haven't participated in this thread outside of commenting on Mike's DWS joke. I don't know what you are referring to.

[quote name='mav' timestamp='1352950079' post='845886']
Are you talking to me? I haven't participated in this thread outside of commenting on Mike's DWS joke. I don't know what you are referring to.
[/quote]

I think he missed the c key for moi (Mac). Close, though. :)

Edited by OhShoot

When the guys and gals go in the cloak and dagger rooms and pass notes to the other side. They know whether or not a vote will be needed or done. They aren't stupid, just idiots. :D

Guest Lester Weevils

[quote name='MacGyver' timestamp='1352909574' post='845475']
"What's Jane Fonda doing? Oh. She's at that wine tasting with Hillary? How about the former junior Senator from Massachuessets who by the way served in Vietnam?"
[/quote]

As the old song goes, "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right..." :)

Guest Lester Weevils

[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352953080' post='845904']
aah, who cares who they pick.

Does anyone really think someone suitable to a group of people on a gun board will be chosen?
[/quote]

Mike, bet you had a bad attitude even as a child. Not that I disagree. Better watch out or we'll nominate you! :)

[quote name='Ebow1' timestamp='1353159374' post='847126']
I would jokingly ask if this administration is actively TRYING to weaken/destroy this country but it worries me how little of a joke that actually is. I bet the happiest man in the world on Nov. 6th was Putin.
[/quote]
Or chinese leaders
[quote name='K191145' timestamp='1353162406' post='847138']Don't forget about his recent "stuck in Iraq" comment. AKA,(soldiers are idiots) comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjUubkhmv4[/quote]

Funny. I was in the military at the time of that comment and serving in Iraq. Turns out I was smart enough to fill out my absentee ballot in one of those swing states he lost.
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353187098' post='847303']
Funny. I was in the military at the time of that comment and serving in Iraq. Turns out I was smart enough to fill out my absentee ballot in one of those swing states he lost.
[/quote]

Then there was this message he got. I loved it.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/JMH42/TroopstoKerry.jpg[/IMG]
[quote name='K191145' timestamp='1353202090' post='847374']

Then there was this message he got. I loved it.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/JMH42/TroopstoKerry.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Pure gold right there. You'd be hard pressed to find someone in combat arms who supported Kerry back then. He was thoroughly hated from what I recall.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353211325' post='847441']
Pure gold right there. You'd be hard pressed to find someone in combat arms who supported Kerry back then. He was thoroughly hated from what I recall.
[/quote]

Not their call though. I dare say if only the military voted, BHO wouldn't be the CiC either.

- OS
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353211822' post='847445']

Not their call though. I dare say if only the military voted, BHO wouldn't be the CiC either.

- OS[/quote]

I think it certainly says something when the military overwhelmingly rejects a presidential candidate. Essentially saying, "we don't want this guy as a boss."

I uh, I ... Uh...

Ok, now that I am out of vapor lock... This seems to me to be a political ploy. See I compromised. Instead of asking the Senate to confirm Al Capone for the AG I backed off to Bernie Madoff. See, I compromise.

But the sheer gall... A man who threw his awards over the White House fence should not be considered to lead the military. It is very disappointing.