John Kerry as the next Secretary of Defense?

• Admin Team
James Taranto of the WSJ opining about the Washington Post's report that John Kerry is being considered to replace Leon Panetta as SecDef. I don't know that I can actually imagine anything more insulting:

[url="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324735104578117152449022528.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion"]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324735104578117152449022528.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion[/url]

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-considers-john-kerry-for-job-of-defense-secretary/2012/11/12/8a0e973a-2d02-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-considers-john-kerry-for-job-of-defense-secretary/2012/11/12/8a0e973a-2d02-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html[/url]
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team
I'm so dumbfounded by this, I can't even express it. It's like someone is sitting back and thinking, "How can we flip the biggest bird possible to our men and women in uniform, and by proxy the American public?"

"What's Jane Fonda doing? Oh. She's at that wine tasing with Hillary? How about the former junior Senator from Massachuessets who by the way served in Vietnam?"
  • Like 3
What kind of SecDef do you think a military hater would appoint? He's perfect. Panetta was just the
standard bearer for a Democrat who sounded good, sometimes, and has the face of a concerned
Dem. Panetta has always been a phony.
Now, you have the possibility of a Democrat version of a real military man, with a Purple Heart.
I still think he got that by cutting himself.

After Benghazi, I wouldn't expect anyone in the military to expect much of a backing until this president
is gone.

After all, all he needs is a drone or two and a kill list. More unconstitutionality.

I should have said "America Hater" instead of just the military. Edited by 6.8 AR
It's a shame Kerry didn't try to get his Purple Heart by cutting his throat, and slipping.

I saw him in Iraq, eating in our dining hall. At a little table. All by himself. Not one of the troops was interested in seeing him or speaking with him. Or he with them.

Self-possessed, effete little clown.

I spit on the ground. Pttah! Edited by QuietDan
Why not? Let's give them everything they want. The faster the drive it in the ground, the faster we can crucify them with public support. Give them all the judges and tax hikes they beg for and when it collapses around them, we can round them up and put them in slave labor camps or just rid the world of their excrement altogether.

[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352918376' post='845583']
Why not? Let's give them everything they want. The faster the drive it in the ground, the faster we can crucify them with public support. Give them all the judges and tax hikes they beg for and when it collapses around them, we can round them up and put them in slave labor camps or just rid the world of their excrement altogether.
[/quote]
Maybe a little "tin Foil", but he is going to Russia to meet with Putin. That may make me reminisce about that movie,
"Red Dawn". The original. :D

Why not? Let's give them everything they want. The faster the drive it in the ground, the faster we can crucify them with public support.[/quote]I'd like to think the public would wise up and rise up but I'm not so sure...we may have really reached a tipping point where not enough people truly care or are truly paying enough attention to do the right thing and they'll just keep voting for whoever promises them the most free stuff.
[/quote]No, not the judges. He appoints young ones that have decades in front of them.

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352920548' post='845609']
Maybe a little "tin Foil", but he is going to Russia to meet with Putin. That may make me reminisce about that movie,
"Red Dawn". The original. :D
[/quote]
They are remaking this. A travesty in my mind.

Kerry wont get it. Too much baggage. Too good of a Karl Rove character assassination.

[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352930588' post='845716']
They are remaking this. A travesty in my mind.

Kerry wont get it. Too much baggage. Too good of a Karl Rove character assassination.
[/quote]

I agree with the travesty. I'm afraid the remake is going to destroy my childhood and love of AK's! :)

I also agree Kerry won't get it ...at least I hope not. Just the fact that he could be put up for that is confirmation of the administrations outright hatred for the military.

BTW - Karl didn't assassinate Kerry's character. Kerry did that himself in Vietnam.

Yeh, I'd give blame to the right one, also. Kerry, AKA Horseface, might actually get it, though. This administration
doesn't give a damn about what the country thinks about their picks.
I cant stand Stupetta or Kerry either. The military has been screwed over just like the citizenry. Kerry or any of these other sons (....and daughters...) of satan would be no better nor no worse. Havin said all that; think of the most offensive, disgusting character ya can (....outside of nobama, that is....).... I like Lewis Farrakahn or Jeremiah Wright. How about that jackass that heads up CAIR or the great loud mouthed harpy Debbie Wasserman Schultz?. Any other ideas???

wonderin leroy