Puppy Shot And Killed For Wandering Into Neighbor's Yard

Guest dfsixstring
I'm speechless. There's an old saying that "Civility is the lubricant of humanity". Without this we crumble as a society.

Dfsixstring
SR9c
LCP
RST4S
He needs to be charged with animal cruelty as well. Then they need to take his social security while he is in jail, which it should be anyways, as well as while he is on probation. How ironic would it be that he could only afford dog or cat food to eat. Then require him to do his community service at a local animal shelter cleaning up their crap. And finally he needs to be required to walk next door every single day and appologize to the children until they find another dog.

I hate that this happens and I wish the old man could feel some of the parent's pain. I mean it is so heart wrenching as a parent to watch your child be miserable over something. What makes it worse is when you cannot do anything to fix it. The parent(s) are strong people for not kicking the old man's ass and they probably did that for their kids to see how to be responsible.

The old man is a weak minded individual that probably thinks he is entitled to do stuff like this because he is old. Being old doesn't give you the right to something like this, nothing does.

Dolomite
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
I have to say, with absolute honesty, that if you shot my dog I'm not sure the police would get there in time to help you. For some reason this story just makes me seethe with anger. Dogs are probably the one living example of God's unconditional love for us. No matter how bad things may be going for you, a dog is the one animal on this earth who is likely to love you more than you love yourself.

This bitter, hateful, evil old man is a ticking time bomb. Give him a few years and he'll be pulling a gun on someone's [b]CHILD[/b] who wanders into his yard.

Piece of human s***t.
  • Like 8
I'm so pissed off after reading this I'm at a loss for words. I was always taught to respect my elders but when they don't show me respect they won't get any. That's just a hateful old man pissed off at the world, and also a psychotic. That old man needs a baseball bat to the knees.
David said a great thing here:
[quote]....Dogs are probably the one living example of God's unconditional love for us.....[/quote]

I firmly believe God created the dog as a concrete, terrestrial example of what He is like. He created the cat as a concrete, terrestrial example of what we humans are like.

I well remember when killin a dog for any reason short of attacking you, your family members, or livestock wuz up there with killin a family member.

leroy
Officer - Why'd you shoot the old guy?
Me - He pointed a gun at me.
Officer - It looks like he only shot your dog.
Me - Nope he pointed the gun at me and my dog tried to defend my life.
Officer - So you didn't shoot him in retalition to shooting your dog?
Me - Nope. Shot him in defense of my life.
Officer - You sure?
Me - Yep. Edited by gnmwilliams
A few things. I hate this. It is dispicable in act.

Property rights may shield him, as he requested the dog not come into his yard, and the owner of the dog is responsible for keeping it on leesh or behind a fence. If it gets out, gets off the owner's property, and gets killed, it is, technically, on the dog owner.

This said, and before the onset of an internet rage fest, he should be facing charges for other ordinace violations. Typically, towns, the size of LaVergne, have ordinances prohiniting the discharge of a firearm in the city limits. He should be, at the least, charged with this. There may be other ordinances he should be charged with, but I am not familiar with this town's laws. Public endangerment? I can hope. Edited by HvyMtl
Why was he not arrested,WHY? A citation, BFD! Willfully killing a pet! Does this state not have "laws"?

I hope George Garrett has a very lingering painful death! Burn in hell you sick ill ####!
I have 6 dogs, 5 of them are Min Pins! My God have mercy on any one who would harm my dog(s), because I won't!
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1353006294' post='846128']
A few things. I hate this. It is dispicable in act.

Property rights may shield him, as he requested the dog not come into his yard, and the owner of the dog is responsible for keeping it on leesh or behind a fence. If it gets out, gets off the owner's property, and gets killed, it is, technically, on the dog owner.

This said, and before the onset of an internet rage fest, he should be facing charges for other ordinace violations. Typically, towns, the size of LaVergne, have ordinances prohiniting the discharge of a firearm in the city limits. He should be, at the least, charged with this. There may be other ordinances he should be charged with, but I am not familiar with this town's laws. Public endangerment? I can hope.
[/quote]He could have called her, or go over to her house, she is next door!