Anyone having trouble finding ammo?

Around my area the ammo is pretty slim. I was told at Walmart that the corporate office issued a memo forbidding any manual orders on ammo. The problem with this is that the system that orders the ammo only orders small amounts. Matter of fact, most of my regular places are having problems getting ammo. Anyone else having this problem?
Guest rebeldrummer
we have two walmarts in our area...
One was completely out of what I was looking for (5.56 and 7.62x39) and the other only had 3 boxes of 7.62 (which went home with me!)

I scanned and noticed that most of the 9, 40 and 45 were gone as well.

oh, and absolutely NO .22 at either store!!!
[quote name='Jonnin' timestamp='1353511408' post='849110']
plenty of ammo on the shelves, but my favorite .22 ammos are hard to find again.
[/quote]

I've been stocking up for a while on my favorites. Got about 10-12 boxes of the Federal target match, 3-4 Federal bulk packs and my Walmart had 1600 rounds if mini mags all ready to go in a plastic ammo can. The cci was a little expensive but it was super convenient as I'm running out of cans.
Walmart? Well, typically, Walmart's stocking is varied due to how, and who, reports the lack of items. If it is not scanned, and reported, as out of stock, it sometimes does not get filled. I bet it is lack of time, or effort, rather than an actual shortage.
Nope, no problem. Had several shopping carts full (internet) the night of the "election", hit the [i]BUY[/i] buttons as soon as it was called for Knucklehead. Received 8 cases in the past 12 days.

Ohhhhhh.... you mean lately... Yeah, good luck with that. Several places I talked to are declaring back-orders all the way to August 2013. It's going to get VERY tight, VERY soon.

Was at gun show in Hendersonville last weekend, bought four cases there. Surprisingly no one was seriously overpricing yet. I was next to several guys who were looking at ammo and wimpering that a case was $20 or so cheaper a few weeks ago. I was like, "buy it now for this decent price, or in 6 mos. you can tell all your friends what you [i]could-have[/i] gotten it for 6 mos. ago."

It ain't gonna get any better for a longgggg time folks. If you see a deal, buy it right then. Several buddies keep calling me and telling me that so-and-so had such-and-such for $X yesretday, but now it's out of stock. My question to them was, why didn't you buy it yesterday when you saw it?

(where is spell check on this thing?!?!?! - arrrggghhh) Edited by mcurrier
[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1353523945' post='849193']I found some on Monday, but im still waiting for someone to come unlock the case so i can check out. Will report back.....[/quote]

That was me last Friday, sorta. Gal said, "I don't know where the keys are" with this look and tone that said "tough." I nicely but forcefully asked, "Can you call someone that may know where they are?" She had to make two calls a few minutes apart. Finally, some one from Automotive showed up with the keys.

I had a few instances a year or two ago when I had to hunt down an associate to come open the case.