Obama's reaction to the CT tragedy

I don't see a problem with people questioning what they see .......... and I'm proud to be a member here and other forums where people voice their opinions and we all get a chance to agree, argue or debate - in a mostly civilized manner.

What should shame you is the current leadership of this country!

If I had seen this thread tomorrow, I'd probably agree. Fact is, i just got home from work and hadn't had a chance to hug my son sinse I heard about this tragedy. I've been reading BS from various sources, all day, that have politicized this event before anyone has had a chance to really digest the info. I've read and heard people say "not to politicize this tragedy but..."

I'm probably overreacting. As with everything, I will learn from it. I certainly learned a lot about some of you.
Guest bkelm18

This thread makes me ashamed to be a member of TGO.
Truly disgusting.

I am ashamed of this place on a daily basis but I haven't been able to stay away permanently just yet. :)

Are we really analyzing the sincerity of his tears? Jesus Christ. 20 kids are dead. That's really all the matters. We all know what's coming so let's focus on that and not this nonsense about conspiracy theories and whether he wiped his tears with his left hand or his right hand.

......EDIT: I was only ten back around Y2K, so I don't remember much. Were there many instances of people acting out of character and doing things most people wouldn't?

Don't recall any at all.  Just millions scrambling to stash survivalist stuff. Which has never stopped since.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name='Razz' timestamp='1355539615' post='860523']I don't see a problem with people questioning what they see .......... and I'm proud to be a member here and other forums where people voice their opinions and we all get a chance to agree, argue or debate - in a mostly civilized manner.   What should shame you is the current leadership of this country! If I had seen this thread tomorrow, I'd probably agree. Fact is, i just got home from work and hadn't had a chance to hug my son sinse I heard about this tragedy. I've been reading BS from various sources, all day, that have politicized this event before anyone has had a chance to really digest the info. I've read and heard people say "not to politicize this tragedy but..." I'm probably overreacting. As with everything, I will learn from it. I certainly learned a lot about some of you.[/quote] I absolutely agree with you. I tried to watch fox news and what I saw when they cut to commercial was something to the effect of Tragedy in Connecticut in block letters over a map of the state while playing some sad piano tune. Playing the emotions of any moron not smart enough to know they were being romanced into not changing the channel. Here, we are having a discussion with actual meaning. I will try to decipher the facts as they surface over the next few days. All we REALLY know right now is that an absolute travesty occurred today. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I am ashamed of this place on a daily basis but I haven't been able to stay away permanently just yet. :)
Are we really analyzing the sincerity of his tears? Jesus Christ. 20 kids are dead. That's really all the matters. We all know what's coming so let's focus on that and not this nonsense about conspiracy theories and whether he wiped his tears with his left hand or his right hand.

This is becoming the norm. The new crazies that have joined since the election are co-signing with the hand full of old crazies and everyday you have a new conspiracy. If you say this crap everyday, one day you may be right.
Guest bkelm18

This is becoming the norm. The new crazies that have joined since the election are co-signing with the hand full of old crazies and everyday you have a new conspiracy. If you say this crap everyday, one day you may be right.

It's certainly getting thick around here.
[quote name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1355542013' post='860562']I am ashamed of this place on a daily basis but I haven't been able to stay away permanently just yet. :) Are we really analyzing the sincerity of his tears? Jesus Christ. 20 kids are dead. That's really all the matters. We all know what's coming so let's focus on that and not this nonsense about conspiracy theories and whether he wiped his tears with his left hand or his right hand. This is becoming the norm. The new crazies that have joined since the election are co-signing with the hand full of old crazies and everyday you have a new conspiracy. If you say this crap everyday, one day you may be right.[/quote] And if you deny it all the time, you will be wrong. Sooner than later, I think. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1
Guest shoot2thrill29

I'm actually starting to believe that I do not belong here on this forum.  I don't believe there is one person here that doesn't feel for the people in Newtown, CT.  I am sure that each and every one of you were affected by the tragic events that took place there today. 

Folks, Zero (that's my name for Obama) will take full advantage of this tragedy to push forward with the Assault Weapons Ban.  Twenty dead children will be the fuel that will help him get the support he needs to pass this ban. 

YES, my heart hurts for all of those affected by the events of today.  BUT, I am also concerned about the repercussions that this tragedy will bring to the gun owners of America.  What restrictions will be placed on firearms, ammo, etc.?  Will the prices climb so high that the average gun owner will no longer be able to purchase a new rifle, handgun or shotgun?  Some people may believe that I am overreacting and my response to them would be that we live under the leadership of a gun-grabbing liberal Democrat.  As a Life Member of the NRA, I know that this lobbying organization will do everything in their power to prevent this from happening.

I apologize if I have offended anyone here, but I feel that there is much more at stake now.  We will see in the coming weeks what the liberals have in store for us law-abiding gun-toting citizens of the United States of America.

Guest cardcutter

It is not about what hand he used. It is about the blatant insencerity and ,manifest political grandstanding of this tragedy. The point is he should be speaking from the heart and not scoring political points on the lives of those kids.

Like him or not, our president is the father of two children, and a human being. I expect he was shaken by this senseless tragedy just as all of us were. I'm a fairly cold, heartless SOB, and it hits me hard. I also imagine, that as the leader of the country, he feels the need to do something. I don't know exactly what that will be, but I ain't looking forward to it.

• Like 4

Nor am I.

It appears that this thread was made as a speculation of what certain politicians will do in the wake of a tragedy,

like is usually the case with politicians. If you don't think that is appropriate, and the tragedy needs a mourning

period, why don't you just say so, or better yet, not bother posting, and go mourn. For someone to make a

comment that they are ashamed of this forum, and don't know why they bother posting, I wonder why you do, too.

The topic is in the politics section. The topic is political since politicians admit(in some cases) that they don't want

certain tragedies to go to waste, and it is certain to include firearms. If you don't like any of that, why do you come

and say things like that? It seems quite childish and totally irrelevant to the forum header. A further observation is

the bit about being embarrassed of the forum. I don't see a lock and key between you and this forum. The door

swings both ways.

I've found it to be at least polite to not post where my interests don't coincide in a particular thread, in the name

of decency, at the least. Children snark at each other. Adults usually don't. Childish behavior is just that.

Guest bkelm18

Nor am I.

It appears that this thread was made as a speculation of what certain politicians will do in the wake of a tragedy,

like is usually the case with politicians. If you don't think that is appropriate, and the tragedy needs a mourning

period, why don't you just say so, or better yet, not bother posting, and go mourn. For someone to make a

comment that they are ashamed of this forum, and don't know why they bother posting, I wonder why you do, too.

The topic is in the politics section. The topic is political since politicians admit(in some cases) that they don't want

certain tragedies to go to waste, and it is certain to include firearms. If you don't like any of that, why do you come

and say things like that? It seems quite childish and totally irrelevant to the forum header. A further observation is

the bit about being embarrassed of the forum. I don't see a lock and key between you and this forum. The door

swings both ways.

I've found it to be at least polite to not post where my interests don't coincide in a particular thread, in the name

of decency, at the least. Children snark at each other. Adults usually don't. Childish behavior is just that.

It's the internet pal. Where adults are free to act like children. And do on a regular basis. Welcome. :) I'm completely free to be ashamed of things and will openly admit it. But you're right, I don't know why I post here. This place has been populated by nutjobs, wackos, and just plain old fashioned morons. Certainly not the TGO I joined 5 years ago.

I only saw a bit on the news of obama.  He appeared genuine to me.  I don't know how a parent could speak about it and not be somewhat emotional.  I know I could not wait to get home last night and hug my grandkids a little bit.  One a five year old in kindergarten.  I am pretty sure my eyes watered even if I did not have to wipe the tears away.

He is damned no matter what on this.  If talks about it he is making politcal hay, if he had ignored it he would be criticized for that.

A push for gun control is coming, this event does not effect that.  It was going to happen anyway.

• Like 4

That's true, Mike. It's also why I wished he wouldn't have weighed in on it. It's not the President's role to do that

on one tragedy when there are many more. Because of the size and scope of this on, how should he react when

you or I could be killed? I know it's a degrees thing, but the politics should be put aside. The President's position

of power weighing in on something that has to do with a particular crime is political by nature, regardless. He

should have stayed out of it, like he should have stayed out Dr. Gates and that cop in Boston or wherever.

Compassion is a good thing if it isn't politicized. I didn't see it, so I have no idea if his tears were real or not. I hope

they were. I would much rather say something good about him, believe that or not.

It's like the story, whether true or not, about Davy Crockett and the farmer talking about the house fire across the

Potomac that was in view of the Congress. They appropriated funds from the Treasury to aid in rebuilding the

house. The farmer asked Davy about if his house burned and what is it the business of Congress to use funds

that are not allocated for that. Same principle, anyway.

The President's use is for all, not a select few, and should be using his, or her, skills to guide the country in the best

interests of all the people. Emotions and politics always collide with events like this one. Reason is thrown out just

like in the farmer's situation.

I just don't consider it very presidential. I don't blame him for the emotion, just the politics.