Feinstein is going for broke!

Guest Mbeck

I don't want to see anything pass.  Even the Gunshow loophole is sacred with me.  They kiss my butt!

Nonetheless, it's a sop the House would give if they decide that most of their individual political winds would either stay same or even blow a bit fairer. Will depend on how red each constituency is and whatnot, will largely be determined by private polling.

It's the lowest hanging fruit:

- most polls show that even the majority of NRA membership agrees and overwhelming support nationwide

- doesn't deny intrastate commerce, doesn't ban anything, doesn't add any prohibitions to ownership than already exist

- it's already enacted either partially or totally in 15 states with no successful constitutional challenges.

- OS

Agree, but a national registry will probably be attached for enforcement, and that's gonna have to be a line in the sand.

- OS

Nobody is going to accept registration. That's the ugliest part of Brum Hilda's bill. If there's no registration, the "loophole" isn't really really closed.

because a separate provision of the bill exempts “any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.”

Does this mean that I can have a bolt action AR?  ooh ooh, maybe a lever action AK ;-)  That could be interesting...

if I was the old witch I would simply present a bill outlawing any and all firearms.   Make the that starting point.  Yep turn them all in, no money no nothing, just turn them in or face the consequences.

she is a gutless whore.

if I was the old witch I would simply present a bill outlawing any and all firearms.   Make the that starting point.  Yep turn them all in, no money no nothing, just turn them in or face the consequences.

she is a gutless whore.

The intent is there. She actually did us a favor. She went WAY to far.

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

The trouble when they do over reach is when they do it so often that the message gets so mainlined, people tend to

get hypnotized into agreeing with it. The low information , otherwise idiot voter, that is.

I read somewhere that she has submitted a "AW" ban every year since 2004. It's getting press this year in light of recent events. The school shooting for one but this could have even have been planned years ago. BHO and the other libs have kind of been "laying low" until BHO got his second term. You're going to see one turd like this right after the other for the next 4 years. The only hope we have is stopping it in the House.

Looks like the republicans are fixing to cave tonight on the cliff. Hopefully the next congress will have a little backbone but I'm not holding my breath.

.... The only hope we have is stopping it in the House.

I'll say again, this just isn't necessarily true. The new Senate will be 53/45/2 DEM/GOP/IND

The Dems will be miles from lock step on the original bill. Remember, firearm owners are no more than 60/40 Dem/Rep by party affiliation. Gun rights is nowhere near a clear cut partisan issue as some others.

There will any number of Dems who simply could not afford to go with an all out ban on anything; all depends on their constituency. The polling companies will make a lot of money telling our senators what their convictions are.

If any thing sails through the Senate, it will be well watered down from the original bill, and all the ayes will have to be assured they'll have a soft landing in the next couple of election cycles if they vote for it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, brouhaha will probably get fun in the House. I don't remember the number of the remaining Yellow

Dog Democrats, if any remain. Most of what did remain is Hell bent towards Stalin. Maybe a few districts

lean enough for some Dems to have to walk away to keep their seats. There may even be some commies

will just plain screw up. :D

I'm glad for the House being the way it is because I don't really trust but one or two senators: the Rand Paul

types. Demint went to Heritage Foundation, so there is one less of them.

And if anything sails through the Senate, it still has to work on the House's model, or vice versa. There are

some good things occasionally, with divided government.

I think she is going to have a tougher time this time around and that's why the bill looks like it does now.  She knows that they are going to have to make a bunch of concessions if have any hope in hell of getting this through so go for broke and then hope you get something close.  I think in the end that IF anything happens it's going to be pretty close to the original AWB except there probably won't be a sunset.  

The thing that we have going for us is the internet and social media.  Maybe I've looked in the wrong places but I don't see the support for the Anti-Gun side like I've seen the support for the Pro-Gun side online.  Hopefully this is a good sign.

Well, brouhaha will probably get fun in the House. I don't remember the number of the remaining Yellow

Dog Democrats, if any remain. Most of what did remain is Hell bent towards Stalin. Maybe a few districts

lean enough for some Dems to have to walk away to keep their seats. There may even be some commies

will just plain screw up. :D

I'm glad for the House being the way it is because I don't really trust but one or two senators: the Rand Paul

types. Demint went to Heritage Foundation, so there is one less of them.

And if anything sails through the Senate, it still has to work on the House's model, or vice versa. There are

some good things occasionally, with divided government.

I just don't see the house supporting any Obama agenda.

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="Commando68" post="873863" timestamp="1357023448"] Just what the hell is her deal anyway? I mean really? Does she really believe her crap or what?[/quote] Absolutely she believes her crap, just like the Marxist commie in the WH and the rest of the pinko's that have infiltrated our government. They are all full of S#*t up to their eyes. They have one goal, and that is to destroy America.
Guest Lester Weevils

That won't be allowed. Feinstein wouldn't even allow semi-auto jackhammers, much less full-auto jackhammers. It would have to be single-shot bolt-action jackhammers, or even better muzzle-loading flintlock jackhammers. :) 

Guest 6.8 AR
That won't be allowed. Feinstein wouldn't even allow semi-auto jackhammers, much less full-auto jackhammers. It would have to be single-shot bolt-action jackhammers, or even better muzzle-loading flintlock jackhammers. :)

She would propose a ban on high capacity air compressors just to keep the few existing jackammers out there

from being used. Of course, there would have to be a "Goldeneye" subsidy to further the research and development

of high energy solar powered cutting devices. And that would lead us to Star Wars pre-prequel for Hollywood. Taxes

remain in an upward trend...

All because of the dangerous jackhammer.

Check and see if Feinstein is married, I think she is, and I think her husband does "other stuff". I also think they don't use the same last name, so many power couples do that so one of them can stay on the downlow.

Find out what the "other stuff" her husband does, and whether or not he has an advantage 'cause his wife's a Senator (duh!!) and figure a way to screw with his business, by outing him, or boycotting him, or whatever else can legally be done.

I could probably do a lot of this with a couple of google searches, but there are 'grasshoppers' here that need the wax-on/wax-off training.