So I was inspired and started playing with some ideas...

TGO David

Guest gunnutt

i was thinking about something the other day,since we seem to be a tight knit group maybe some window decals or something to recognize each other on the road in case of a breakdown or something of that sort,but what david has there would work fine,what do yall think?

• Administrator

I've had decals made in the past and stumbled across some of them in storage the other day.  I'm probably going to make more soon.   Hats and things like that will come again eventually; it's just a matter of me being able to outsource production and order fulfillment because I simply just don't have time to do it anymore.

Guest gunnutt
I've had decals made in the past and stumbled across some of them in storage the other day.  I'm probably going to make more soon.   Hats and things like that will come again eventually; it's just a matter of me being able to outsource production and order fulfillment because I simply just don't have time to do it anymore.

I understand I wish I could help in some way,I work 50 to 60 hours a week,that dont leave much time for anything else

[quote name="glowdotGlock" post="873341" timestamp="1356990774"]I've always liked the idea of being able to recognize another TGO'er. I've probably seen some of you out in public and never knew it.[/quote] Unsure weather this is a good thing or not for SOME of us.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
If you don't mind my inquiring, is there a specific reason you haven't just opened a Zazzle or Cafe Press storefront? I know the prices lean towards the high side, but it would allow fulfillment of the demand.

Speaking of the stickers, I am interested in getting some more. Need a new one 'cause I changed vehicles. :)
  • Administrator
If you don't mind my inquiring, is there a specific reason you haven't just opened a Zazzle or Cafe Press storefront? I know the prices lean towards the high side, but it would allow fulfillment of the demand.

Speaking of the stickers, I am interested in getting some more. Need a new one 'cause I changed vehicles. :)

I've looked at them numerous times over the year but the quality from both Zazzle and Cafe-Press has been less than stellar, in my opinion.  I've started looking at a few other options lately that might fit the bill.

One of the things I've always preferred is to have the logo embroidered on shirts, hats, etc. rather than using die sublimation or heat transfer printing.  Embroidery just holds up so much longer and doesn't look cheap after a few washes like the others usually do.  I figure if folks are going to pay what those places charge for a hat or shirt ($20-35) then they likely want them to hold up for a while.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

They are very nice.  Just out of curiousity, have you ever thought about doing a polo or knit shirt with a logo?  Example:

color_gadsden_golf_shirt.jpg

I know they would be a lot more expensive, but not everyone is a t-shirt guy.  Not making a request, just asking.

• Like 1
:hiding:

I hope your hiding is not in reference to my post.  There are numerous people, me included, that wouldn't mind paying $50-60 or more, depending on the quality, for a golf shirt that had either the logo in the OP or the TGO logo on the shirt.

Edited by mav

I hope your hiding is not in reference to my post. There are numerous people, me included, that wouldn't mind paying $50-60 or more, depending on the quality, for a golf shirt that had either the logo in the OP or the TGO logo on the shirt.

No , it was the $100 hat , and my mentioning of the want of one. I would pay a good sum of money for a embroidered hat , especially if it was on a sized camo lid. Edited by Threeeighty
  • Administrator
I hope your hiding is not in reference to my post.  There are numerous people, me included, that wouldn't mind paying $50-60 or more, depending on the quality, for a golf shirt that had either the logo in the OP or the TGO logo on the shirt.

:lol:  No worries, man.  Yeah we did some really sweet polo shirts a while back using Port Authority Tek-Dry (or something like that) which was similar to Under Armor.  They were very nice and not too pricey, but the problem was that we had to order them in batches of sizes and for a while there we were stuck with a bunch of oddball sizes that no one wanted.

There has to be a perfect vendor out there somewhere that would provide the product to spec and a private web storefront, with the means to handle license fees for the IP, etc. I have quite a bit of high quality embroidered swag from vendors. Polos, jackets, etc.

I would be happy to ask around and maybe drag up some contacts.

They are very nice.  Just out of curiousity, have you ever thought about doing a polo or knit shirt with a logo?  Example:
[img=http://i1.cpcache.com/product/390856390/color_gadsden_golf_shirt.jpg]

I know they would be a lot more expensive, but not everyone is a t-shirt guy.  Not making a request, just asking.

Mav,

You would love the Polo shirt David offered a couple of years ago, the one he refered to I have one and it s great. Like yourself I prefer the polo shirts as well