What to do if the ban passes...

I know most people, including me, don't think this bill will pass as it is. However, on the off chance that it does (or anything requiring registration) I'm going to just flat out say I'd like to meet up with whoever is willing in the Nashville area to just discuss things. Like I said this probably won't happen, also I'm not suggesting an armed assault on the White House. I hope some of you understand where I'm coming from, maybe not. I just wanted to throw that out there. Many minds are better than one, and what we do as a group (if anything) would need to be discussed elsewhere than online. What I do personally is private, but that's not what I'm posting about. Anyway, think it over that's all I ask...

If you are going to risk discussing something you can’t discuss on-line you risk the chance of being arrested by the agent (or his UC) that is going to be at your meet.

Nothing is law right now; you can discuss anything you like. But if you start discussing armed violence you are going to have the attention of people you don’t want, whether it is here on in a private meeting.

If you are going to risk discussing something you can’t discuss on-line you risk the chance of being arrested by the agent (or his UC) that is going to be at your meet.

Nothing is law right now; you can discuss anything you like. But if you start discussing armed violence you are going to have the attention of people you don’t want, whether it is here on in a private meeting.

I thought I made it clear I'm not willing to entertain thoughts of armed violence...that's not what I'm talking about.

• Like 1
Guest TNSovereignty

They already know about everyone on this forum, and a whole lot more. Just like every other forum out on the interwebs.

Knowing what to do with that info and having the manpower is another thing, though. Personally, I don't care about their

knowledge any more.

I'm hanging on to the idea that her gun ban won't see the light of day.

Everyone here should read "One Nation Under Surveillance" by Boston T Party.  Not trying to hijack a very good thread here, but the warnings about being careful w/ your posts is on target.  

What to do if the ban passes?  Think beyond guns folks, because rampant statism has cascading consequences.  Plant gardens; develop local, shadow, barter economies; if you can't sustain yourself with food then get to know your local farmers market and/or CSA (community supported agriculture).  Think through your friendships (who can be trusted - FRIEND! vs those you just know - POTENTIAL INFORMANT!); buy a place in the country (neighbors are more constitutionally like-minded).  Think about financial freedom - get out of debt & move some assets out of cash/stocks/bonds & put it into hard commodities (land, tools, ammo).  Bottom Line - a gov't that can outlaw your inalienable right to weapons (already happened on other fronts) will also be pressing forward to outlaw religious expression, free press, etc.  Hell, they've even outlawed the sale of raw milk.  Bottom Line - Feinstein, et al are exceptionally concerning, but don't get myopic on the gun issue.

It is again time to make sure that EVERY legislator who represents you knows exactly what your position is.  Don't just send off an email to a congresscritter and sit back thinking you've done your part.  you need to send one to your State Congressman, State senator, Federal Congresscritter and also to both Corker and Alexander.  Be polite, firm, and keep it short.  Nobody will read more than a paragraph.

Once you have done that, CALL the office of every one of those people as well.  Again, be polite, and know what you want to say before you call.  Keep it short as the staffers will hopefully be swamped and you want them to hear all of the other folks as well.

Finally, if you can do it, make an appointment to see each of the above folks.  If you can't get an appointment, visit their local office and let a staffer know what you want.  Again, be polite, don't argue, and try to clean up a bit.  If you can get some of your friends to join you for the visit, that will make a much greater impact.  Again, do not allow tempers to get heated and start an argument.  If a staffer or congresscritter disagrees with you, thank them for that information and inform them that you will be sure to pass that opinion around so that voters will know who to vote against next time.  Then leave.  And spread the word about that person.

A personal visit is worth a hundred phone calls.  A phone call is worth a hundred emails.  But even an email is worth something!  Biden has promised to get a bill through Congress and on Obama's desk by the end of the month.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/white-house-nra-gun-victory.php

Make sure they know that we will not accept ANY new restrictions on our freedom.

If we get to the point where we need to bury our guns, then we may as well turn them in.  We need to stand firm and make sure that EVERY legislator knows that if they pass gun control, they will lose their jobs. 

• Like 3
[quote name="thefinder808" post="876691" timestamp="1357416592"]I thought I made it clear I'm not willing to entertain thoughts of armed violence...that's not what I'm talking about.[/quote]Dave takes all criticisms of govt. and of 0bama as threats advocating violence, although he's yet to show us one clear instance of anyone actually doing so.

Dave takes all criticisms of govt. and of 0bama as threats advocating violence, although he's yet to show us one clear instance of anyone actually doing so.

Haha, well if he was around me for long with all my critiques of the current administration (and the previous for that matter) he'd probably label me as a member of Al Qaeda. There's been some great comments so far on this thread, for instance I didn't know a normal joe could make an appointment to actually talk to our reps. I'll have to look into that. Has anyone here done that before and if so what was it like? I guess it's hard to put my finger on what exactly I'm wanting to do here as a group, which is why I wanted to ask you guys. I've already sent e-mails (which isn't much I know), and I'm going to do my best to make my voice heard in other ways as recommended by people here. But, if the worse case scenario happens...I'm going to want to talk to gun owners smarter than me (i.e. most of them) about it. Maybe there's nothing we can do but for a reason I can't quite put my finger on , I think it would make me feel better about it.

Guest 6.8 AR

I'd rather you kept them because more of us keeping them up and on the ready, like they should be, is a reminder

that we will not be made into criminals because of unjust laws. And to the statist among us, I ain't advocating anything.

Well, actually I am advocating something. It's called prudence and use of well informed common sense. A statist might

not understand that. A statist will fall to the mercy of his superior. We don't have superiors in America, just those who

wish to be.

Symbolism is just that.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 270win

Put pressure on the House and House reps.  This is where the bill can be stopped and not even reach a floor vote.  Put pressure on the House Speaker.  He hopefully is our best ally in this situation.

Guest Cold Dead Hands

It is again time to make sure that EVERY legislator who represents you knows exactly what your position is.  Don't just send off an email to a congresscritter and sit back thinking you've done your part.  you need to send one to your State Congressman, State senator, Federal Congresscritter and also to both Corker and Alexander.  Be polite, firm, and keep it short.  Nobody will read more than a paragraph.

Once you have done that, CALL the office of every one of those people as well.  Again, be polite, and know what you want to say before you call.  Keep it short as the staffers will hopefully be swamped and you want them to hear all of the other folks as well.

Finally, if you can do it, make an appointment to see each of the above folks.  If you can't get an appointment, visit their local office and let a staffer know what you want.  Again, be polite, don't argue, and try to clean up a bit.  If you can get some of your friends to join you for the visit, that will make a much greater impact.  Again, do not allow tempers to get heated and start an argument.  If a staffer or congresscritter disagrees with you, thank them for that information and inform them that you will be sure to pass that opinion around so that voters will know who to vote against next time.  Then leave.  And spread the word about that person.

A personal visit is worth a hundred phone calls.  A phone call is worth a hundred emails.  But even an email is worth something!  Biden has promised to get a bill through Congress and on Obama's desk by the end of the month.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/white-house-nra-gun-victory.php

Make sure they know that we will not accept ANY new restrictions on our freedom.

If we get to the point where we need to bury our guns, then we may as well turn them in.  We need to stand firm and make sure that EVERY legislator knows that if they pass gun control, they will lose their jobs. 

Well my feeling is they know damn well that our rights can not be usurped constitutionally. If they are arrogant enough to try to make us their subjects than that's their Karma. I'm not going to waste my time trying to beg some servant not to trample on my rights. That time has passed. I'll sit back and watch. Now is the time where men take sides, i'm sorry to have to say.

Put pressure on the House and House reps.  This is where the bill can be stopped and not even reach a floor vote.  Put pressure on the House Speaker.  He hopefully is our best ally in this situation.

Why ignore the Senate, where the thing will begin?

And btw, all the Senate Dems will not be in lock step on this one. Some can't be and be sure of Priority Number One, and they know it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest Schwarzgebrannt

If a ban passes? Well, in that case there's no more risk and consequence to having full-auto and AP pistol ammo than there is to have normal neutered weapons, and I'm not going to disarm, sooooo..

Game theory is a mofo.

Edited by Schwarzgebrannt

Why ignore the Senate, where the thing will begin?

And btw, all the Senate Dems will not be in lock step on this one. Some can't be and be sure of Priority Number One, and they know it.

- OS

That's where I'm sitting right now. With the exception of our low hanging fruit (previously discussed), it's gonna be hard to pass these bans, even in the senate. Even with the media's all out campaign, there WILL be sane debate points on the floor of both houses that can't be ignored.

There will be a couple of people on Hannity tonight that were in the mtg with Biden/NRA. NRA said that they were disappointed that there was not much time spent on talking about safety. Most of the talk was on gun control.

There will be a couple of people on Hannity tonight that were in the mtg with Biden/NRA. NRA said that they were disappointed that there was not much time spent on talking about safety. Most of the talk was on gun control.

Let's have a long overdue serious discussion about politician control.

All I have to do is find 2 ten round magazines for my GLOCK 23. Everything else I own is Pump, Bolt Action, Lever Action or Revolver. My Ruger MK II is already 10 shot as is my Ruger 10/22.

I am not against everybody owning an AA gun or a Barrett, I just never had any purpose for them. If I can't shoot a squirrel, a deer or a turkey with it or put it in my pocket, I don't own one.

Edited by wjh2657