Franklin Tn Williamson County Gun Show this weekend

imo the show was a complete waste of time, the wait to get in was about 45 minutes. There was only a handful of retailers there and they were very low on inventory. If you want a shotgun you'll probably find it, along with some hunting rifles and semi auto .22's. Didn't see any archery vendors. Ammo was in short supply, only saw one seller with pmags, at $40 each. imo, if you are looking for an ar type just stand outside and take your pick of the guys standing in line, they have the best selection! O and the guys at the door were a bunch of ass hats!

to top it off I thought i would ride up to franklin gun shop to at least look at some guns... and for some reason they were allowing people in and out on a one out one in rate,  after about 30 minutes of standing in line that wasn't moving i just left

Edited by hlb14

I was surprised there weren't more vendors and there were a lot of people, but inside it wasn't bad.  I got two good deals.   In the end, if I was able to make a couple of good deals, it was a good show for me.

I agree with hlb14, if you want an AR, just stand outside and and pick who you want to pay too much.

Edited by Hozzie

I waited 45 minutes in line. did get in for $8 with $2 coupon (thanks). Very crowded upto about 1:00, then thinned out but still line outside. I saw one AR -10 Dmps go for $1500 within 15 minutes. Saw a M1a NM with 15 mags, etc for $5000. Did see one more reasonable around $1650. Ran into older gent with good looking Garand 1943-44, I bought it. I don't have to worry about mags. Couldn't find any 30-06 ball ammo. I did okay but will not go again until prices stablize, if they do.

:rofl:  Wow what great entertainment value! Somewhere someone posted their feeling about a gun show as " a place that wreaks of BO and ass where tables are riddled with bone handled knives and nazi memorabilia,gun shows tell one what not to pay for" all fun aside interesting show notes.Ive never been to the franklin show,guess ill clip the coupon and browse the wares for posterity.If theres a TGO perch pls advise!

Thanks for the informative reviews!

Just got back. Thought it was a pretty good show, given the size of it. I bought a bunch of primers and bullets from our own David Mosley. His booth was busy all day. Looked like he still had plenty of all sizes of primers but was running short on 223 bullets. The guys I went with sold their "no name" AR's for $1100 and those were the cheapest ones there. Saw a guy walking around with a sign trying to sell 5.56 ammo for $1 a round. Lots of mags. Metal mags were cheaper than the plastic mags.

I also bought 3 boolit molds and some dies from a lady who had a table. She said her husband died and left a whole basement full of this "junk". She was from Whitwell TN.

Saw my old M1A that I traded off at the M'boro show on the guy's table that I traded with. He had marked it up to $2700. I had traded with him for half that.

Except for the wait to get in, I thought it was pretty good.

Was chatting with my wife about maybe taking a NIB Bushmaster to the show tomorrow am.  She actually said "Can I carry it around?" I haven't been able to find a emoticon that would come close to describing what must have been the look on my face although this one might come close: :stunned:

Well, i went with a friend( actually his first gun show) just to see the prices which i knew were gonna be high. Just got some magpul furniture for my ar and a few gadgets. He was thinking he could get an ar or a smaller cc pistol but everything was either overpriced, junk or just not what he was looking for. Saw ar-15's for no less than $1500. The .22 ars were a bit cheaper, but still i think if everyone waits a bit, prices will go down.

Ammo was scarce though. I didn't even try to buy ammo at the rediculously jacked up prices these guys were asking. Just glad my magpuls came in when they did. Though i wish i had bought more of them when I did. Metal mags were $30 a piece, while the plastic ones were round $40.

it sure was a lot of folks there today .i sold lots of stuff and 50 brownells metal mags btw mags were 12.99 each .not sure whats going to happen first people going to run out of money or vendors run out of supplies. did have 1 idiot try to sell me a 420 round box of m855 he wanted 500.00 for it

Yes, I went about 11:00, and as was said, line was long. Waited about 40 min to enter. Had a couple of guns checked and took my fate in hand and went onto the floor.

Crowd was pretty pleasant. Didn't get stepped on, but jostled several times. Prices were as expected. Stocks short. First time buyers aplenty.

Spoke with some of them while in line. And when several got disgusted waiting and left.

I did get into one conversation with a middleaged couple. They expressed some surprise at the crowd. Said they were looking to buy something for "protection" before all were banned.

It seems that this was the first time really thinking about buying a firearm and they really seemed interested in the whole process and experience.

I did offer to help, but they declined. Saying a friend was inside and going to help them.

So I wished them good luck and thanked them for coming out.

I did a little looking while there, but really was trying to sell or trade an LCP and a PPS.

Sold the little Ruger, but no interested parties for the Walther.

Don't know if I'd go back tomorrow or not.

Edited by hipower

Went this morning. The place was packed. Line was long. Waited 40 minutes in line....for what?

Only really one gun dealer there (Specialty Arms). All the rest were just selling various hunting rifles, shotguns, and vintage firearms.
Lots of individuals selling "red headed step children"...
The ARs and AKs that were there were about $400 too much.
High capacity mags were $25-$30...what usually goes for $10-$12...Magpuls were found at on table, the rest were the metal or inferior plastic brands...but still $25-$30.

It was so crowded, it was impossible to stand at a table and just browse to see if there was anything you wanted.
Not much selection as far as pistols. I'm sure Specialty Arms brought what they had. I expected more handgun dealers.

Where was Ken's Guns?

Sunday may be a better day, but don't expect any "pre-Thanksgiving" deals.....

I think the gun grab scare has got all the gun show regulars doing so well at home, the don't feel the need to do a gun show.

I can't say that I blame them, but considering I spent $10 to get in, I'd like to have had a better show for my money.

Hopefully, the Bill Goodman's Nashville Fairgrounds show will be better on Jan 12-13....

Guest LRJETCAP

1.20/rd .223, 1500.00 .22LR AR's and lots of flashlights available.   I have no one to blame but myself for driving the 35 min for that......