Pets of TGO

Spike...Kids named him...he had a mohawk when he was a puppy...

spike_zpsadc67ca3.jpg

J.J.  Died in my arms 2:22am 11/2/2004, election day...damn I miss him...

DSC00682_zpsbe66b94e.jpg

IMG_0567-L.jpg

My Christmas present.

AKC Shepherd and the owners dropped him off at the pound in Auburn, AL. Drove down last Friday and picked him up.

4 months old, 40 lbs.

Named him Independence, Indy for short.

Oh how pretty.. looks like he likes to eat stairs.. lol

I have a soft spot for GSD`s.. He is supersweet looking

• Like 1

He's alright...for a cat.  Currently plotting to kill me, apparently.

Ben.jpg

We have a cat that looks almost exactly like that. His name is Pepito.

Oh how pretty.. looks like he likes to eat stairs.. lol

I have a soft spot for GSD`s.. He is supersweet looking

Soft spot for German Shepards? I wonder why? ;-)

Guest Lester Weevils

Here is Bandit, an ADHD rescue coonhound with lots of personality. We currently decided that a dog is happiest if he has the family people all to himself, but previously had a couple of dogs at a time. Also with a dog as frisky as Bandit, it is hard enough to take one out for a walk and near impossible to take two out for a walk. Our old lab was lots heavier than a coonhound and strong enough, but the hounds are stronger per pound and will pull you down and drag you along the ground if you don't watch out. :)

BanditWindow1Small.jpg

BanditResting1Small.jpg

Bandit had a pal, another rescue coonhound Travis, who was elderly when we got him, and he passed away a few months ago. Skinny hounds with long legs and dinosaur feet. Dogs on stilts--

Travis2Small.jpg

TravisXMas2010.jpg

The previous gone but not forgotten pair of rescue pups were labrador retriever Bailey and Boykin Spaniel Barnum, fine dogs as well.

web_PetPics-54.jpg

web_PetPics-12.jpg

image-44_zps9acaa27f.jpg
My lab Hessi and my littlest
image-44_zpsd9950560.jpg
French Mastiff named Dum Dum. A good friend didn't have room for him but asked me to keep his name the same.
image-44_zps829f9439.jpg
Boo, the cat that thinks he's a dog.
IMG_20130108_214905_zpsad01288f.jpg

These are my babies.

From left to right:
Mojo - Pointer / Australian Shepherd - Rescued March 2010

Satchel - Pointer / Boxer - Rescued March 2010

Riley - Pit bull / ??? - Found in our neighborhood, hungry and skinny as a rail. We were going to find him a home after we nursed him back to health, but by then he was part of the family.

[quote name="plank white" post="879305" timestamp="1357694128"]My EVIL PITBULL .......Jackson ,,,,Seriously though he is a big teddy bear     46688_123369261045420_7433291_n.jpg   44769_123369451045401_4810146_n.jpg     44503_123369337712079_2483141_n.jpg   46666_123369431045403_1960054_n.jpg   47908_123369257712087_5490690_n.jpg[/quote] Pit's are like AR's, catching a bad rap due to a handful of idiots. Great breed with huge upside, just wish they weren't treated like some sort of public danger.