walmart and ammo

Hermitage Walmart had 1 1000rd Winchester M-22 this evening when I went in to buy jar lids for my strawberry jam making. It isn't there now.

With that I am done buying anything else.

My walmart has been getting ammo in pretty steady. Got a 1000 bulk pack of .22lr this morning and a 250 box of .40sw and a 250 box of 9mm. All at just a couple bucks more than what it was 6 months ago. So be vigilant. Ammo is coming back.

Was that the LC Wally?  Just curious, what time of morning was that?  I ask because every time I am in there they are wiped out on pretty much everything but .240, .270 and 7mm rifle ammo and (sometimes) a few types of shotgun shells.  I need to go by there tonight or tomorrow to pick up a couple of prescription refills so I'll have to check the ammo situation.

I learned my lesson during the last ammo shortage and began keeping a few boxes of various calibers on hand.  While I am not exactly 'hurting' on .22 ammo (and certainly not enough to pay scalper prices) I don't feel comfortable shooting my .22s as much as I was before the current shortage until I can replenish what I shoot.

Was that the LC Wally?  Just curious, what time of morning was that?  I ask because every time I am in there they are wiped out on pretty much everything but .240, .270 and 7mm rifle ammo and (sometimes) a few types of shotgun shells.  I need to go by there tonight or tomorrow to pick up a couple of prescription refills so I'll have to check the ammo situation.

I learned my lesson during the last ammo shortage and began keeping a few boxes of various calibers on hand.  While I am not exactly 'hurting' on .22 ammo (and certainly not enough to pay scalper prices) I don't feel comfortable shooting my .22s as much as I was before the current shortage until I can replenish what I shoot.

I was there @ 5:30am stood in line for 2 hours for them to bring it out at 7:30am. I got the only box of .22lr they got in and the only pistol bulk packs they got. Rest was just some shotgun and some small boxes of .40sw

Yes it was the LC wally. Usually is wiped, just got word they had some come in was up going to work thought I would stop in and check.

Cool Springs Walmart had a little of everything this morning but it seemed to be moving fast. I bought the last 9mm but I know they had a case of .40 yet and a couple cases of 22LR.

There have been a lot of "It's almost over!" threads/posts lately but my Wally guy painted a different picture. He said today's shipment was pretty rare as of late and they haven't been seeing much of anything.

There have been a lot of "It's almost over!" threads/posts lately but my Wally guy painted a different picture. He said today's shipment was pretty rare as of late and they haven't been seeing much of anything.

You know...I think it's one of those cases of "it ain't over til it's over"...and that'll take quite a bit more time imho.

There is a definite paradigm shift, as all so often happens in our "gun culture".

I think the primary lesson is to pick up on "deals" as you can and not make the assumption that change will not occur. "Cause it certainly will...

I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic...

I think the frenzy will settle, but we have a whole lot more guns owners due to the most recent attempts by .gov to curtail of God Given Rights...they'll all need ammo. Not as much as the core element of shooters (us)...but they'll still need and purchase it.

The deals will show up. We simply can't be complacent  and expect things to return to the old "normal".

Normalcy Bias has bitten more than a few people on the a**.

:2cents: 

From Armslist.

I am wanting to sale $2,000 worth of my Walmart ammo. Mostly 22.'s 9.'s 40.'s and 45's. You know you can double your money. 3,250 is 22.'s. BULK RATE ONLY. DO NOT CALL IF YOU DON'T HAVE $2,000. I have receipts. All ammo is about 6 months old

hehehehe. guess someone isn't having any luck selling their ammo.

• Like 4

From Armslist.

I am wanting to sale $2,000 worth of my Walmart ammo. Mostly 22.'s 9.'s 40.'s and 45's. You know you can double your money. 3,250 is 22.'s. BULK RATE ONLY. DO NOT CALL IF YOU DON'T HAVE $2,000. I have receipts. All ammo is about 6 months old

Out of curiosity I called this guy.  Seems nice enough.  I'm not saying he's not full of crap, but he says he's a shooter and has been collecting this ammo since Newtown.  Says he'd keep it all, but has a lawn mower business and needs to repair one of his machines.

Anyways, for what it's worth he selling everything for the ticket price on the receipt and the breakdown is:

1500 - 9mm

1500 - 40

1500 - 45

11 - 325 bricks of 22

Good, I'm glad to see that he's stuck with it.

Maybe this, particular guy isn't a scalper (per itchytriggerfinger's post above) but they are definitely out there and it would make me smile to think they were going to end up losing their shirts because of their profiteering.  Personally, I'd love to see ammo scalpers posting ads stating, "Hungry.  Will trade ammo for food."

You know...I think it's one of those cases of "it ain't over til it's over"...and that'll take quite a bit more time imho.

There is a definite paradigm shift, as all so often happens in our "gun culture".

I think the primary lesson is to pick up on "deals" as you can and not make the assumption that change will not occur. "Cause it certainly will...

I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic...

I think the frenzy will settle, but we have a whole lot more guns owners due to the most recent attempts by .gov to curtail of God Given Rights...they'll all need ammo. Not as much as the core element of shooters (us)...but they'll still need and purchase it.

The deals will show up. We simply can't be complacent  and expect things to return to the old "normal".

Normalcy Bias has bitten more than a few people on the a**.

:2cents:

I mostly agree with your post.  After the last ammo shortage, I decided to build a small but 'solid' supply of a few calibers that I shot the most.  I don't usually have the expendable cash to buy pallet-loads of ammo all at once but decided to buy a box or two extra per month.  Over the past, few years (up until the current shortage started) I have done just that and even bought a little 'extra' .22LR along the way - not enough that I still feel comfortable shooting as much as I was before the current craziness but enough that I am not desperately searching for ammo at any price.  Thing is, I have decided that when/if things go back to 'normal' I am going to concentrate even more on .22LR and .22WMR than I was, before.  I will probably also try to build more of a supply of buckshot and slugs for my shotguns.  I recently started reloading so if I can stock up on enough supplies to keep me in .38/.357 and .44 (the two I currently reload) then that should cover my centerfire needs in an 'emergency'.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity I called this guy.  Seems nice enough.  I'm not saying he's not full of crap, but he says he's a shooter and has been collecting this ammo since Newtown.  Says he'd keep it all, but has a lawn mower business and needs to repair one of his machines.

Anyways, for what it's worth he selling everything for the ticket price on the receipt and the breakdown is:

1500 - 9mm

1500 - 40

1500 - 45

11 - 325 bricks of 22

Well if that's the case I feel somewhat like a dick for saying what I did, however if it were for scalping purposes I don't feel bad at all.

• Like 1

From Armslist.

I don't do business with anyone that doesn't understand the difference between "sale" and "sell" or I'd be all over this.

OK, not really.

• Like 1

1500 - 9mm

1500 - 40

1500 - 45

11 - 325 bricks of 22

His price is right in line with what it would cost to buy all this ammo from Walmart. I see no problem buying from him. If he would of posted this on TGO's Classified it would of sold by now and he would be a good guy for selling for no profit. But put it on Armslist and he becomes a "scalper" before we even know what and why he's selling . Maybe his ad wasn't worded in the best way, but I think we need to lighten up a bit on judging people. Itchytriggerfingers post put a whole new light on the ad. I'm also happy to see we have people here that are big enough to post that they may of jumped the gun on this one :up:

• Like 2