Knoxville gunshow

i have 9 tables this time and hope to do well the 525 packs will be about 30.00
223 will be 350 for 500 rounds i will have both 223 and 556 it is only for sale to tgo members and will not be on my table

And this is why I always give David my business :)

i have 9 tables this time and hope to do well the 525 packs will be about 30.00

223 will be 350 for 500 rounds i will have both 223 and 556 it is only for sale to tgo members and will not be on my table

David, before Sandy Hook one could buy 1000 rounds of 223 for the same price. Do you think prices will stay high permanently or come back down eventually? I cannot afford to pay .70 a round. Takes the fun out of shooting.

Reload.

Doesn't do any good if you can't find the components needed to reload.

Also, how much is the initial start up cost? I've priced a few items before and it appeared it was going to cost me a lot to get started. For someone that doesn't shoot all that often it would take me a long time just to break even.

I'd like to know how much you guys pay per round to reload your own .223 ammo.

Also, how much is the initial start up cost? I've priced a few items before and it appeared it was going to cost me a lot to get started. For someone that doesn't shoot all that often it would take me a long time just to break even.

Range brass picked up, or reloading some you already have-free

100 primers                                                                      -$3-$4

100 55 grain FMJ                                                              -$9-$12

Powder for 100 rounds                                                       -$6-$8

So on average, $3.50+$10.50+$7=18 cents a round x 20=$3.60 per box.

You can spend a bit more for premium bullets, benchrest primers, or the latest whizzbang powder, but this will give you an idea.

David has what you need to load 223.

I expect you can put together a pretty comprehensive, basic reloading setup for less than $200.

Also, how much is the initial start up cost?...

I expect you can put together a pretty comprehensive, basic reloading setup for less than $200.

Gordon has mentioned an exact list of needed equip or $200 or so.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot

It's hard to really save money. It takes a long time to recoup the cost of the equipment. But it does provide a hedge against panic situations. I assembled my stuff over a series of holidays and birthday gifts. So most of it I didn't actually purchase myself.

I attend usually every other month. I don't really socialize with you guys , so how do I find which table is David's, in what I am sure will be a sea of madness this weekend?

Go in the door go left and look for the large "reloading supplies" sign overhead. David is a large man, you can't miss him.
  • Like 1