The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

Yeah but on Revolution they have to have a lot of water to stay so sparkling clean.  Seriously, they walk around after an EOTWAWKI event constantly looking like they just stepped out of the shower.

Washboards were around for many years before electricty.  I agree it is pretty clean, but they could have clean clothes, even mascara!

Edited by atlas3025

At least on NBC's "Revolutions" they showed getting water from a pond once. I don't expect them to do it every week on TWD, but you'd think they would have mentioned it at the prison at least once.

actually they do mention when they first enter the prison, building an irrigation ditch to get water from the creek right outside the prison. kind of moot though now that the walkers own the yard

I was talking with d3vo today at lunch and I think I figured out what missing that I don't like about this season and what I didn't like about much of season 2: Fear of the zombies. There isn't any in most episodes. Season 1 was full of "Oh crap!" moments where you just knew someone was gonna get eaten. Season 2 was 3 weeks of walking around in the woods looking for zombie-Sophie, followed by the rest of the season sitting more or less safe at the farm. We had the one episode with Rick and Shane on a run to where the school bus was that had some good "are they gonna make it?" moments, and of course the last episode was full of fear for the characters.

This season started strong while clearing the prison, and having their "stalker" drawing zombies in on them. Since then they're sitting tight in their safe cell block. Woodbury/TheGuv is a threat, sure, but I can get that human vs human threat on lots of shows. Even during "Clear" the Z's are sparse and eaily trapped or avoided. This is the show where the zombies should be the things to fear. With the safety of the fences and bars plus the ease of killing them with a pocket knife, they've been reduced to an irritant. The fact that Woodbury is using them for sport further reduces the fear factor.

When I see Z's showing up now, I wonder what kind of gory explosions the FX guys are going to pull off when the Z is dispatched. I used to wonder which human was going to die.

• Like 2

Well sure it is. The final episode is the big grand finishing move each season. That's all fine and good, but they need to keep me interested the rest of the season to get to that point. I know they can't spend a ton of moneyt each week like they can for the last episode, but they don't have to. Case in point, the cafe with Michonne and Carl....That's not a big-budget scene, but it could have been a LOT scarier. They started to do something scary with the "hidden" zombie behind the bar, but that turned into a big bunch of nothing.

After this season, I think it's going to fall into the "watch it when I have nothing else to do" category".

They need more little things like the message written on the sign on the side of the highway in the "Clear" episode. I can't remember the exact message but the feeling of despair and sadness it brought on is what the show needs more of. That and the backpacker getting eaten.

Edited by gnmwilliams

They need more little things like the message written on the sign in the "Clear" episode. I can't remember the exact message but the feeling of despair and sadness it brought on is what the show needs more of.

EXACTLY. One of the things I enjoyed in Left 4 Dead (video game for those that don't know) were all the mesages written by people warning others of areas that are overrrun, potential safe places, notes to family members. They also did this in 28 days later with all the missing people photos etc. Heck they even did that in the telltale walking dead games. The people in savannah wrote on all the front doors if they cleared a house etc.

If I were in the prison I would never kill all the walkers around the fence. I may go out and thin the herd from time to time, but leaving them outside of the fence could be a great deterrent to any one who may walk up on the prison. They could also serve as an early warning system if someone were outside the fence, and cover from inside the fence. 

So just a thought. In a world where zombies are common and the known constant is that they are all brainless and attracted to noise/light. Why not take advantage of this and setup sometype of zombie mill.

So you have a safe house and here comes the herd... flip on a switch which activates a siren and a flashing light, maybe some meat bait and lure them into a pit/fire/spinning blades/etc. You don't really need to run out in the yard and lop off heads. Just use misdirection!

Wait till you see WWZ...thats if they follow the book at all.

So just a thought. In a world where zombies are common and the known constant is that they are all brainless and attracted to noise/light. Why not take advantage of this and setup sometype of zombie mill.

So you have a safe house and here comes the herd... flip on a switch which activates a siren and a flashing light, maybe some meat bait and lure them into a pit/fire/spinning blades/etc. You don't really need to run out in the yard and lop off heads. Just use misdirection!

How about a Rat on a Stick Hat?

Tie a rat to a string dangling from a stick mounted on a hat. Sneak up an put it on a zombie and enjoy hours of fun.

i read this and had a chuckle that seemed a little distant from humanity... needless to say... that %*^& was funny!!!!

• Like 1
I saw some pigs race around a track at the State Fair once for an Oreo cookie. Gives me another good idea...Zombie Races...staple some numbers on a dozen zombies, turn a live chicken loose, and take bets on which zombie catches the chicken. I'm thinking televised events here, it might even put NASCAR out of business.