The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

I just watched the final episode again. That sound where Andrea shoots herself does not sound like a shell casing to me. Maybe not a gun the sound dept probably just didn't have the right sound.

Andrea offed herself with Rick's REVOLVER.  What kind of shell casing sound do you expect?

I just watched the final episode again. That sound where Andrea shoots herself does not sound like a shell casing to me. Maybe not a gun the sound dept probably just didn't have the right sound.

Andrea offed herself with Rick's REVOLVER. What kind of shell casing sound do you expect?

Read the previous posts. It was thought that a shell casing was heard with the revolver.

Read the previous posts. It was thought that a shell casing was heard with the revolver.

FWIW, I honestly don't know if the writers meant it to sound like a shell casing or just the Python itself hitting the floor. Doesn't exactly sound like either one. Sound supposedly was carrying through a metal door too.

- OS

I'm sitting here wondering one thing guys,

What the bloody hell am I supposed to do tomorrow night?
Once upon a time?

It's still a few more months before falling skies.

Caster is upset. Edited by Caster
Guest nra37922

I'm sitting here wondering one thing guys,

What the bloody hell am I supposed to do tomorrow night?
Once upon a time?

It's still a few more months before falling skies.

Caster is upset.

This is AMC we're talking about.  You'll be able to see all the episodes over and over and over and over again almost every day from now until the next season.  So DVR them and watch at night. after night after night...

Just recently began watching the series, went to Frostwire and downloaded all of Season 1, 2 and parts of 3.  I have seen the final three episodes of Season 3.  Still watching first half of Season 3 to see the charactor development.  Won't dwell too much on the drama parts, since it was noted that if the show was 100% of the survivalist view, it would be boring.  I fast-forward the parts when Lori talked, I found her to be 100% useless. 

Do have some point/questions to bring up:

Season One:  First campsite is compromised, time to move on, they go to the CDC in Atlanta.  OK..... all in the group, including Rick that Atlanta was a horde of walkers.  Later episode there is a section where US Army Apache gunship light up Atlanta.  They go anyway.  Get to the CDC, leave the vehicles, 1/2 are not carrying a weapon???  I tend to be a little old-fashion and feel fighting is a man's work, but in this enviornment there is no time for that.  Contrary to Joe Biden, an AR-15 or M-4 (plenty of M-4's lying around the outside of the CDC) is not hard to use and a women with a trigger finger can operate the weapon.

Season Two:  Prior to the farm, group attempts to get to Ft. Benning on I-85.  Most of us know that Interstates are controlled access.  I've been on I-40 and will run up on a traffic jam due to a wreck in the most rural areas and there is no where to go.  Convoy is stopped, but old guy with rifle on top of the RV doesn't see the heard of walkers until the walkers are nearly on top of the group.  The farm.  Nice place but felt something odd that defenses were not placed.  At the first campsite near the quarry, Shane streches out stings with cans to alert guards of something out there in the dark.  Farm have plenty of barbed wire and I am sure more wire could be obtained at farm supply store since I dought barbed wire would be looted.  Stretch the wire, 6 inches of so off the ground.  Walkers are very clumsy, while it won;t stop them, it will slow down a herd. 

At the school yard where Rick and Shane attempted to drop off the kid Randel and two uniformed walkers appear with Glocks in holsters.  They had no bite marks but realized later they died from other than walker attack and reason why they had their guns and didn't go down fighting.

Season three, I have just begun that Season and can see the psycho in the Gov.  Taking out the National Guard soldiers?  Sure they would have weapons but if they have been on the road, fighting off walkers, they would not have a lot of ammo. 

Resources:  At first I wondered why the scavenging parties would not first hit Wal-Mart, Costo, etc.  But during the at the farm story the sign on the drug store "Take what you want", it was apparents looting by many who were not walkers yet was already occuring.  Same would hold true to the gun/ammo stores.  State of Georgia has a 45-50% gun ownership rate, 1/2 the homes and maybe higher % in rural areas, guns and ammo would be in the house.  However, those weapons would have gone with the people going to the initial refugee camps.  Hmmm, there could be weapons in cars on the Interstates.

Gasoline:  Doing some reading on the Internet, gas has a shelf life of around 18 months.  Show doesn't factor that in, but fuel stabliziers can extend that shelf life and don't think looters would bother with bottles of stablizler.

Food:  One of the biggest problems, prison appears to have some food, but when Rick's group arrived at the prison, they had already scrounged miles around the area and came up with dog food prior to finding the prison.  Prison has ample space and ground for a garden, but know with the influx of Woodbury people, more mouths to feed.

Ammo:  Maybe the biggest problem.  As we all know on this board, a bullet shot is a bullet gone.  Shelf life is not a concern but unless they find a reliable source, it will run out.  Can the prison stand against a horde like that of the farm?

Guest Brutnus

When they are at the prison they don't do anything at all to fortify the place. Also in season 3 there isn't really a fear of the walkers not like season 1. Its very meh.

Resources:  At first I wondered why the scavenging parties would not first hit Wal-Mart, Costo, etc.  But during the at the farm story the sign on the drug store "Take what you want", it was apparents looting by many who were not walkers yet was already occuring.  Same would hold true to the gun/ammo stores.  State of Georgia has a 45-50% gun ownership rate, 1/2 the homes and maybe higher % in rural areas, guns and ammo would be in the house.  However, those weapons would have gone with the people going to the initial refugee camps.  Hmmm, there could be weapons in cars on the Interstates.

Man, Walmarts are already loaded with zombies.  Imagine what it would be like to have to go in there with the lights out!

"Man, Walmarts are already loaded with zombies.  Imagine what it would be like to have to go in there with the lights out!"

I did observe that scrounging for rescourses, groups stayed away from the major shopping areas and previous poster is correct, Wal-Mart will be filled with zombies, in hair curlers and pajammas, much like what we see in real life. 

Now, that I have completed watching the third season and went back to first episode of Season one, I will come up with another view.

Having completed the entire series through Season 3 and re-watched Episode one of Season one, I have a better understanding.

Group retired back to the prison taking in the Woodbury folks that did not attack the prison, going against Rick's view of taking in others (tired of seeing people die, not trusting others, etc), I figure he'll let up on those two outlooks.

Repairing the fences will again produce the 3 outside layer walker defence.  While good against straggling walkers, a horde such was the one that hit the farm, fences won't hold.  Cell Block C, will withstand the horde, but what then?

Observed the defenses that Morgan set up in King County, it resembled an old art of defences long before advent of firearms, using spears, etc.  The big cable holders ( big wooden things that spool wire) impale walkers, but won't stop a horde since they will trample those walkers impaled.  However, those spears anchored down, may stop a horde and at the least slow down the horde. 

Windchime thing that the Gov. had at the pit, draw walkers to the pit for his pleasure.  Something like that with spears around it, away from the prison to draw the staggler walkers, from time to time, visit the windchime locations kill the implaled walkers.

Watched final part of last episde twice, left over Woodbury residents brought to the prison.  Prison is better secured and Rick  and Co. know the layout.  Woodbury, false sense of security, Gov and his 2 at large henchmen know the layout of Woodbury. 

While most anyone can be used for base/home defense, not all are useful for patrolling/gathering resources.

I count:  Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Michone, Carl, Tyrnese, Sasha, and the girl that survived the Gov. massacre.  That leaves 9.  Gathering of supplies/patrolling, would have to go out in numbers since Gov. and 2 henchmen are still at large and ruthless.