Former LAPD officer subject of manhunt.

Have the police explained why they thought the two women was the perp? Or are they just trying to keep this out of the spot light cause they screwed up?

the police cover something up?  The media downplay it as nothing to worry about?  Shoot to kill if so much as the vehicle looks like the one?  Nah, couldn't be.

Have the police explained why they thought the two women was the perp? Or are they just trying to keep this out of the spot light cause they screwed up?

Just like you would, I’m sure they have retained lawyers to represent them. There will be a shooting review board, and then the DA will decide if any charges are filed. Once the shooting review board makes its decision we may know more. Both victims are alive to testify; I doubt there will be much of a cover-up.

Yep, plus that downplay in the media is caused by the politics not fitting into the media's agenda. Sadly, it makes some of this

farcical. It certainly brings out the "idiot" in the media.

After all this media Hype on this guy, Part of me hopes he is vindicated for doing the right thing and getting fired for it. The killings he supposedly did I don't support though. Then I read his Manifesto, Part of it makes some sense, then i got down to the place where he is praising Feinstien and the other gun-grabbers. Now Majority of myself wants him to get caught( not killed) and jailed for his crimes.

His best case scenario: Caught, facing prison time and death penalty for at least 3 murders( if there are more by the time he is caught). His name gets cleared of filing a false accusation. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have my name tarnished than spend the rest of my life behind bars and have a death sentence over my head.

His worst case scenario:  Dead.....ex-cop....copkiller...... killer..... and still his name is tarnished as filing a false report.

I'm hoping the LAPD can catch him alive, but how often do cops catch cop-killers alive anyways? LAPD wants him dead and the story dead with him. Liberal or not...he's still going to be labeled as a crazy ex-military/ex-cop/supposedly ptsd infused individual. Whether or not he has actual ptsd is anyone's guess.

He has never been near a combat zone. Any PTSD he may have would be related to getting sunburnt while tanning in Bahrain.

I still don't believe his original story regarding why he was fired. I don't see how anyone could believe the word of a murderer. That does not seem the least bit reasonable. He didn't just kill cops, he killed a cop's unarmed innocent daughter.

After all this media Hype on this guy, Part of me hopes he is vindicated for doing the right thing and getting fired for it. The killings he supposedly did I don't support though. Then I read his Manifesto, Part of it makes some sense, then i got down to the place where he is praising Feinstien and the other gun-grabbers. Now Majority of myself wants him to get caught( not killed) and jailed for his crimes.

His best case scenario: Caught, facing prison time and death penalty for at least 3 murders( if there are more by the time he is caught). His name gets cleared of filing a false accusation. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have my name tarnished than spend the rest of my life behind bars and have a death sentence over my head.

His worst case scenario:  Dead.....ex-cop....copkiller...... killer..... and still his name is tarnished as filing a false report.

I'm hoping the LAPD can catch him alive, but how often do cops catch cop-killers alive anyways? LAPD wants him dead and the story dead with him. Liberal or not...he's still going to be labeled as a crazy ex-military/ex-cop/supposedly ptsd infused individual. Whether or not he has actual ptsd is anyone's guess.

It says a lot about him that he thinks changing his legacy from dishonest ex-cop to a delusional sociopath that killed innocent victims somehow clears his name.

LAPD is not going to clear his name; they can’t. A review board is not like a trial where previous bad acts aren’t allowed to be brought in; its cumulative. He should have been fired over attacking the two Officers, but because it was a race issue, I guess they saw some justification in letting it slide. But when they put everything together; it was too much.

As far as cops not taking him alive; he did that. Have you read his “manifesto”? He says he will kill any cops that approach him.  Unless this guy turns himself into an attorney for surrender; I doubt he will survive and encounter with cops anywhere. I doubt he can follow orders during a stop without doing something stupid, and then he will be shot.

eh he has either flown the coop to mexico or canada or something or is holed up waiting for the manhunt to end so he can set up another ambush.  

He could live out his life in another country and never be seen again, or he could still be trying to wage his war.

He has had every chance to ambush a 2 man team here and there so either he wants a specific person for a target or he is long gone. 

I think he had a change of mind and left the country. He already left ammo and guns behind. Unless he has a lot of them then he cant have much left.

He dont have many options in the US with a bounty on him and everyone looking for his face.
  • Moderators

I'm now seeing reports that he recently stole a car and exchanged gunfire while fleeing?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/12/fugitive-ex-cop-exchanges-fire-with-authorities-ap-source-says/

Also says that he allegedly burglarized a cabin and tied up a couple.

Would have been an awakening and ironic end had the couple had a loaded AR-15 when he attempted to burglarize them.

Edited by CZ9MM
He could have a bomb in the cabin, the police wont rush in. I think I seen and small tank like thing being brought in. I think the lapd is just happy he is trapped. I wonder if they will get mad if he kills himself? Im sure they want the satifaction of doing it.

CBS News reported in their broadcast, he was armed with a Barrett 50 Cal. Rifle.  Of course,  we all know that can't be true, since California outlawed 50 cals many years ago.  Also if true the officers surrounding the house are not behind cover outside the cabin.  CBS News is also showing a picture of officers hunkered down right outside the windows and peeping around a corner of a cabin.  You can see it on their website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57569033/fugitive-ex-la-cop-barricaded-in-calif-cabin/

Actually, I don't see this guy turning his gun on himself.  I think he will try to take as many officers as he can with him when he flames out.