I just got the firearms trade offer of a life time...

Spots

So I have my slightly modded, low round count (under 100) Ruger Mini 30 up on armslist right now for trade. I mentioned I might look at a decent quality AR in trade. My Ruger has some aftermarket stuff, not cheap junk, and runs like a champ. This is the offer I got in email today. If you are the one who emailed me, I'm sorry for putting you on blast, but this is about the sorriest offer I've ever seen.

"I have a brand new, never fired sr 556 with 3 30 rounders, flip ups and a quad rail. 200 rounds of 223. Would like to trade for your setup and around 1200 in cash. You an shoot me a text anytime or call after 3 if your interested. My name is t*** my number is ***-***-**** thanks"

So I texted him, just to see if that was a mistake. Nope, he thinks hes gonna value mine at pre-ban prices, with no additonal added for the brand new $250 stock, and the other stuff, and value his above MSRP. He finally told me he paid $1800 for it, and still wanted my Mini 30 and $1k after he told me that. It gave me a good chuckle anyways. I told him Good Luck. I feel sorry for any sucker who deals with that crack pot

Maybe he was putting the premium on the ammunition he was throwing in the deal! Did you ever stop to think of that?

People are crazy these days. I have noticed a tendency to value your stuff at pre-crazy prices and their stuff at whatever the most ridiculous price on gunbroker is at the time. 

I almost sent him an email pretending to have misread, telling him that of course Id take the sr 556 and 1200 for my mini.

That's what I would have done. I have almost wanted to mess with a few of these guys on armslist but decided against it. It's their stuff so I guess they can ask what they want.

• Like 1
Yep a lot of people regretting paying 1000+ too much for things. I will only deal on TGO for a while with older members, just had a great trade with a member. Great guy, we both got what we wanted, and I passed along part of the deal to another good guy. It's really gonna hurt these people when they realize their 2000 dollar AR is worth 800.

Well, if youre going to deal in post appocolyptic prices, you have to do it on both ends. You cant over value your trade and expect less on the other, regardless if ammo is added or not.

Especially since mine includes 2 factory 20 round mags, and 300 rds of 7.62, mostly Norinco steel core. If he wants to vakue a gun that sold for $1200-1400 at $2200 for trade thats fine. But I'm valui.g my the same way. And I was alwahs under the impression that if you were the one who sent the trade offer, the guy you sent the offer to usually negoiated the majority of the deal? I love dealing here on TGO, and most of the stuff Ive seen here has been fairly priced.

WTF!!!

I to will only deal with members of a few forums, just picked up a G22 for a good price.

There are 2 shotguns for sale, a G22, and a few other thing for sale.

Some have ammo, most have fair prices.

We, unlike most, know what stuff costs, reguardless of what someone thinks its value is.

WTF!!!
I to will only deal with members of a few forums, just picked up a G22 for a good price.
There are 2 shotguns for sale, a G22, and a few other thing for sale.
Some have ammo, most have fair prices.
We, unlike most, know what stuff costs, reguardless of what someone thinks its value is.

Yeah, if someone has an item priced right, it will sell. If you've had anything related to ARs, AKs, etc. (whole rifles, parts, ammo, etc.) listed for more than a few days, it's likely priced way too high. Even slightly inflated priced items are selling very fast these days.

The number one rule of gun trading is "My stuff is awesome and worth a fortune and everything you have is junk."  I will say here at TGO you probably won't find a $200 Colt Anaconda that got drug out of grandma's attic because people here know what guns are worth.  That being said when you buy guns from older forum members here as opposed to the fly by night sellers you will usually get a gun for a pretty fair price.  I'm somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to cars, motorcycles, and guns, I can't ever seem to get rid of them.

Whenever I get that type of response to an ad, gun or otherwise, it goes to the trash can and I move on. Receiving it just makes him look like a fool, responding to it just makes me look like one, lol.

However, it is fun to see how far they will go. I have on occasion played like I was a gun noob just to see how bad they try to break it off in unsuspecting sellers. WOW is all I have to say.