So Michele O presented the Oscar for best Picture?

I'm guessing the tax payers footed the bill for her trip out there and her outfit as well.  

She wasn't there in person.  They just put her on for a brief moment to say who won best picture.  They asked her to do it, it wasn't like she lobbied for it.  I think we have bigger things to worry about than the first lady announcing who won the best picture.

These types of threads just make us look like a bunch of 10 year old's who had a ball taken away.  I don't like his policies anymore than you do, but these types of comments just make us look like a bunch of whiny losers.

• Like 6
Eh, Jackie Kennedy was the queen of FL media whoring, and I would have no problem with her bobbed cut hotness prancing across the TV every evening. I wish we had Jackie as FL right now.... she was so hot with those legs.... mmmm. No wonder America is obsessed with Kate Middleton. Nobody is jamming up Internet traffic looking for nipple slips of Michelle Obama.... but Kate... oh yes Kate...
  • Like 2

She wasn't there in person.  They just put her on for a brief moment to say who won best picture.  They asked her to do it, it wasn't like she lobbied for it.  I think we have bigger things to worry about than the first lady announcing who won the best picture.

These types of threads just make us look like a bunch of 10 year old's who had a ball taken away.  I don't like his policies anymore than you do, but these types of comments just make us look like a bunch of whiny losers.

I dont watch awards shows because they are a waste of time so I had no way of knowing where she was.  If my comment makes us look like whiny losers your comment makes you look like a real prick.

FDR, Ronald Reagan (after he was president, too :)), and Laura Bush have all "appeared" at Oscar ceremonies. FDR's was live radio, the other two on tape.

I see it as rather a non-even in the total scheme of things.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I agree with OS and Hozzie as well ( so sign me up for being a real prick too I guess, :) )

I could care less about the Academy Awards and could even care less than that when the Mrs. Big O made an appearance to announce a winner.

Surely we have better stuff to bitch about.

• Like 1

Not really sure why my comment was the one singled out.  I too do not give a rat's butt about when and where they show up.  I do however care if tax payers are footing the bill.  I didnt watch the show as previously stated and as riled up as the original poster was I assumed she was present.  I do think we have the right to bitch when our money is wasted, didnt see any one calling out the person who posted up about how much Big O's dog handler makes per year.  Same point I was making.

Who would have thought that my disgust at our imperial president, the man who took AF1 to NY for a night out at a Broadway play while a good number of us are unemployed or underemployed, would cause such a ruckus.

I guess I just assumed others would see it as emblematic of the attitude of the man in the office and his disregard for the country and the constitution.
Must have been my whiny 10 yr old causing trouble.
Good night folks.
  • Like 1

I dont watch awards shows because they are a waste of time so I had no way of knowing where she was.  If my comment makes us look like whiny losers your comment makes you look like a real prick.

I am not trying to get into a pissing contest, but if it makes me a prick to expect us to be better than the liberals making statements without facts about meaningless activities, then so be it.  We have plenty of real issues to be critical of.  This isn't one of them in my view.  It probably wasn't clear in my post, but I was really responding to the overall thread as a whole.  I wasn't trying to single you out. 

Edited by Hozzie

my guess is that any expense associated with any presidential travel or first family travel is budgeted and approved.  I don't think the guy has the keys to the vault though it seems like it at times.  As for Mrs Presidents dress I am equally as sure that any number of clothing designers would be happy to give her something to wear on TV.

And Raoul, lighten up or relax Francis, LOL  Whichever one applies best.

Nicky being a member in the real prick club is a lifetime membership, paid through the school of hard knocks. I have been a card carrying member for a while now ;)

• Like 1