Has Magpul backed down?

Even at midwayusa a brick of that would have been 33.99 if it were in stock.

That has been their everyday price before shipping for a long while.  They have some high cost for shipping also.

CCI in the LGS has been higher before the current market. It was right at $8 in walmart per 100.

Midway has some run of the mill now as I type for $52.00 a Brick shipped.

There are those that have and those that don't. Alway's has been that way. Don't shop with them.

Edited by R1100R
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Has anyone at Magpul other than a sales exec made an official statement on this anywhere on their web site or Facebook page?  All I've seen so far is one post from that guy on ARFCOM, and it was a post that could easily be misinterpreted.   And true to form on ARFCOM, that one post inspired a legion of morons to pick up pitchforks and torches.

I'm convinced that the one thing keeping stupidity in check in our society right now is ARFCOM.  If that site ever goes tits up, there's going to be a sudden rapid uptick in breeding between really stupid people who suddenly have nothing else better to do.  People who currently spend every waking hour self-flagellating to pictures of Navy SEALS, nitpicking and fawning over the pieces of kit they see.

• Like 5

I'm convinced that the one thing keeping stupidity in check in our society right now is ARFCOM.  If that site ever goes tits up, there's going to be a sudden rapid uptick in breeding between really stupid people who suddenly have nothing else better to do.  People who currently spend every waking hour self-flagellating to pictures of Navy SEALS, nitpicking and fawning over the pieces of kit they see.

:rofl:  

:bow:

:clap:

:bowrofl:

Law enforcement and military in those states don't make the laws, the elected officials do.

What I would ask you to consider is how Police Chiefs are being used to promote gun control (the AWB).
As a representative of the department these Police Chiefs are jumping into the politics of gun control.
“O” uses law enforcement as the backdrop during speeches frequently.

This list is general in nature, but you can google and find specific Cheifs that have come out for the AWB.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-endorsements Edited by D3vo

I'm convinced that the one thing keeping stupidity in check in our society right now is ARFCOM. If that site ever goes tits up, there's going to be a sudden rapid uptick in breeding between really stupid people who suddenly have nothing else better to do. People who currently spend every waking hour self-flagellating to pictures of Navy SEALS, nitpicking and fawning over the pieces of kit they see.

Never been on ARFCOM; don't plan on it. TGO is my family for my gun chat needs. Just a question based on what I've pieced together about these people (from this and other threads): if the site goes belly-up and these people are released into the wild; do you believe they have the social skills to find someone to reproduce their stupidity with?

Has anyone at Magpul other than a sales exec made an official statement on this anywhere on their web site or Facebook page?  All I've seen so far is one post from that guy on ARFCOM, and it was a post that could easily be misinterpreted.   And true to form on ARFCOM, that one post inspired a legion of morons to pick up pitchforks and torches.

Magpul's official response from the owner has been posted over on TTAG. Seems reasonable enough really. They believe in looking at each Police Dept on a case by case basis because they don't believe in making the blanket statement of cutting off all LE purchases is fair to cops just trying to do their jobs. Of course they are still getting flamed heavily for this decision. I would like to see them say that cops will be forced to abide by the same laws we will be as we all may be forced to face the same criminals. I do however understand that they have already put themselves at significant financial risk by promising to move, and cutting off a rather large portion of their business right before or after the business moves would likely be suicide. 

I still very much support Magpul, as they have done more so far in this fight than any other large name manufacturer. Why aren't people screaming form the hilltops to boycott blue label Glocks or Colts right now? Because they haven't stood up and made themselves a target like Magpul has abd I respect Magpul for doing so. 

• Like 1

Magpul's official response from the owner has been posted over on TTAG. Seems reasonable enough really. They believe in looking at each Police Dept on a case by case basis because they don't believe in making the blanket statement of cutting off all LE purchases is fair to cops just trying to do their jobs. Of course they are still getting flamed heavily for this decision. I would like to see them say that cops will be forced to abide by the same laws we will be as we all may be forced to face the same criminals. I do however understand that they have already put themselves at significant financial risk by promising to move, and cutting off a rather large portion of their business right before or after the business moves would likely be suicide. 

I still very much support Magpul, as they have done more so far in this fight than any other large name manufacturer. Why aren't people screaming form the hilltops to boycott blue label Glocks or Colts right now? Because they haven't stood up and made themselves a target like Magpul has abd I respect Magpul for doing so. 

That's the response I'm looking for.  No less.  I won't say I will never purchase a Magpul product; but I likely won't rush to make any particular purchases of there equipment as I was planning prior to this change.  I believe they make a quality product and do support the 2A, so I'm not boycotting the brand (like I do CTD), just going to prioritize other purchases before more Magpul right now.  

Guest Pineapple Devil

ETA:  Again - Magpul is so "gung-ho" that they are moving their entire company to another state.  I would imagine the logistics of such a move is daunting and expensive.

I would imagine that threat will not hold ground now that they have completely gone against what they were trying to do in Colorado.

Edited by Pineapple Devil

That's a well reasoned, non-hysterical position I can agree with.

I agree. But, I wasn't ready to ban them to begin with. They're making a good stand, and have more skin in the game than most. Individuals banning Magpul right now is kinda like farting in a tornado. Enjoy your shitty mags. :)

• Like 1
Guest 556or762

Well Im not really enthused about this but I do see their point. Magpul sells thru distributors all over the country and those distributors are the ones that have upped thier prices to make more profit on thier goods during this little time of unrest. If Magpul stops selling to LE, they will have to stop selling thru almost every distributor they use since most of the large distributors are the ones selling to those LE's, if you look at it from the perspective of they will get them from me or from my distributor and there is no way to stop that without going out of business you can actually make an argument that they are punishing their distributors for over charging. To elaborate 1- if they purchase direct from Magpul they get std. pricing and the distributor that has been gouging them gets cut out of the middle and Magpul still makes a profit and continues to move their operations. 2-if they purchase from Big Joes gun distribution and whore house, they have to pay in some cases double msrp for the same product and Magpul gets its lower % of sales revenue from the distributor. 3- if Magpul stops selling to all LE and FED in the trouble states they would have to dump their distributors and sell direct adding a lot of financial strain to the company possibly halting a move or operations altogether.

Just my two cents after pondering this one from a manufacturer/distributor standpoint.

Best I can tell Magpul hasn't backpedaled one little bit. The only claim I've seen from them is they will leave CO if a ban on high cap mags is made law. Correct me if I'm wrong here (I know you will ;))  but I have not seen any claim that they would not sell to LEO in ban states. I just scrolled down their FB page to the beginning of all this and didn't see it on there. Again, I may be wrong. So I'm not seeing the problem. Why not get their money? Think about it like this. If Magpul moves to a 2A friendly state then selling to ban states is a one way revenue flow to the state in which Magpul resides with no return the other way. So a non-2A friendly state would be supporting a 2A friendly state. Poetic justice....

Edited by KaNuckles

What I would ask you to consider is how Police Chiefs are being used to promote gun control (the AWB).
As a representative of the department these Police Chiefs are jumping into the politics of gun control.
“O” uses law enforcement as the backdrop during speeches frequently.
This list is general in nature, but you can google and find specific Cheifs that have come out for the AWB.http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-endorsements

Okay, well by that logic the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces has expressed his desire to ban most semi-automatic rifles and magazines with capacities over 10 rds (and he can sign stuff into law) so for those of you who are going to boycott Colt, Beretta, Brownells, Knights Armament, FN, Dillon and so on, feel free to send me your products from those manufacturers; I'll pay shipping. All those companies supply such products to the military. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

That's true. But I still stand by the opinion that the "enforcers" shouldn't have anything the "enforcees" cannot have.

I agree 100%. I believe we should be able to have belt fed machine guns as well without having to pay a $200 stamp. The point I was making though is that Magpul isn't condoning the decisions of law makers by supplying their product to street cops. I get the sentiment of companies choosing to do that, and I respect it, however, I don't believe choosing not to follow suit makes them traitors or sell outs. I think if they could hit the libs where it hurts they would, and they are by moving a multi million dollar business and its tax revenue to another state.
  • Like 1

I think if they could hit the libs where it hurts they would, and they are by moving a multi million dollar business and its tax revenue to another state.

That's a good point. Nothing hits home with a politician like money!!! Even if they wanted to it would be nearly impossible to stop sales to LE through their distributors as TGO David stated earlier.

I agree 100%. I believe we should be able to have belt fed machine guns as well without having to pay a $200 stamp. The point I was making though is that Magpul isn't condoning the decisions of law makers by supplying their product to street cops. I get the sentiment of companies choosing to do that, and I respect it, however, I don't believe choosing not to follow suit makes them traitors or sell outs. I think if they could hit the libs where it hurts they would, and they are by moving a multi million dollar business and its tax revenue to another state.

At the end of the day, that's the only real leverage a business has.  Tax revenue and jobs.  The job loss will hit the newspapers and get the people's attention, the loss of tax revenue gets the local government's attention. 

Edited by peejman

I have several friends who are LEOs and they all say that if similar legislation were passed here that they wouldn't enforce it and I'm sure that most LEOs around the country feel the same way. However, if you cannot go to your local gun shop and pick up a couple PMAGs because of legislation, not lack of supply, it is in fact being enforced whether the individual LEOs are contributing or not. No, they may not be actively confiscating, but the effect is the same, keeping certain equipment out of the hands of some law abiding citizens, and giving it to other law abiding citizens (LEOs). That's what I have the problem with.