Life in the U.S.

Garufa

mmm snow-cream is the best thing --- about every third year we get a snow good enough to make some.   if its too light, its polluted, you have to have several inches which is rare enough in TN.  This year, it never even stuck, just had a couple of pretty to watch snows with no escape from work :(

That is pure awesome! What's the deal about drinking/eating the snow? Is that some kind of serious N. Korean insult? They went on and on about it. 

Snow is delicious with birds on Tuesday.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 5
Guest 6.8 AR

Some or most of that footage was shot in Romania.

I was going to guess somewhere in Russia.

That tent with the wooden roof looked like one of my rooms, not too long ago, just no Red Cross

curtains. :D Had a water leak and had to tear out the ceiling. I should have just relied on snow, eh?

Don'tcha just love propaganda? Kinda fun to watch.

I was going to guess somewhere in Russia.

That tent with the wooden roof looked like one of my rooms, not too long ago, just no Red Cross

curtains. :D Had a water leak and had to tear out the ceiling. I should have just relied on snow, eh?

Don'tcha just love propaganda? Kinda fun to watch.

Be careful... I hear that houses and roofs blow away easily in America.

On another note, anyone read the Hunger Games series?  I finally got around to it at the suggestion of my wife.  This video reminds me of the propaganda from the Capitol as described in the book.

• Like 1

On another note, anyone read the Hunger Games series?  I finally got around to it at the suggestion of my wife.  This video reminds me of the propaganda from the Capitol as described in the book.

Enjoy it for what it is.. dont over analyze it.. The movie was actualy not that bad.

The bit about the birds being eaten....on Tuesday....cracked me up.

I know, don't they realize we eat birds on Wednesday?... as in Wednesday Wing Night at Froggers, for you Orlando cats. North Koreans propaganda is so off base with knowledge of our culture..... pfftt... Tuesday.
Guest flashlight Dave

I would love to get some of that yummy north korean coffee.

Just think, even if this vid was true we would still live better than they do.

So today when i hit the drive-thru I will really be in a food line waiting for a handout from the Democratic Republic of North Korea? And I never would have guessed that the Red Cross built my house from materials supplied by NK. I am so thankful to the dear leader.  

It is amazing that everyone in the US has no money to purchase food or water.  They have to rely on government handouts in order to survive, but they have money to purchase guns and ammo for killing people, especially children.

While incredibly funny, it is still shocking that in this day and age a country can isolate itself from the rest of the world to the point where they can produce such ridculously weak propaganda and their citizens will believe it.

Why are they going on about all the snow?  My step grandfather - who was Infantry in the Korean War (field artillery in WWII) - said it got so cold there that their rifles would freeze.  He said that he and his fellow troops would sometimes have to lean the butt of their rifles on the ground and stomp/kick the charging handle to open the chamber.  Heck, at one point during WWII he was in Czechoslovakia.  I asked if it was colder there or in Korea and he said Korea, no question.  The way he talked, the weather in Czechoslovakia was like a day at the beach compared to the weather in Korea.  I imagine they have a lot more snow than we have.

Guest 6.8 AR

I listened to the audiobook and finally got around to the movie. Yeh, I see the parallels, too. Hunger Games was an

enlightening look into the future of this country. One version, anyway.