What .45 Should I Buy?

Just curious, but why DA/SA only? Striker fired pistols offer a much more consistent trigger pull which will come in handy for that all important first shot. Unless you just like thumbing the hammer, Double action handguns don't offer much of an advantage over something like a GLOCK for concealed carry.

Glock 30. Falls on the threshold of "comfortable" CCW. I like the little fat bastage'.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrBoomBoom
I'm just curious, but did you bother reading the initial post? He asked for DA/SA recommendations. How exactly does the Glock fit that requirement?

Actually, I did read the initial post where he said DA. It was later where I had the brain fart. Thanks for pointing it out.

Guest bkelm18
Just curious, but why DA/SA only? Striker fired pistols offer a much more consistent trigger pull which will come in handy for that all important first shot. Unless you just like thumbing the hammer, Double action handguns don't offer much of an advantage over something like a GLOCK for concealed carry.

Glock 30. Falls on the threshold of "comfortable" CCW. I like the little fat bastage'.

Second strike capability. The holy Glock can't do that. :lol:

That's simply a poor habit, IMHO. If the round doesn't fire the first time, odds are it won't go off the second time.

By time you attempt a second strike, realize that's not gonna work, then realize "OH MY GOD.....I BETTER RACK THE SLIDE.....you're likely dead meat. IMHO, you should never attempt a second strike, even at the range. Again, a very poor habit to get yourself into.

With that being said, the "second strike" argument doesn't count. Next?:D

Guest GUTTERbOY

I don't seem to recall any malf drills that involve pressing the trigger a second time "just in case."

[move]-tap-rack-bang

:D

Guest Verbal Kint
I don't seem to recall any malf drills that involve pressing the trigger a second time "just in case."

[move]-tap-rack-bang

:lol:

+1

Guest darkstar

As a couple of people have pointed out the Sig 245 would be a pretty good choice. They discontinued them in 2006 but you can still find them. Very accurate, is DA/SA, and is pretty easy to conceal. I know where you can find one if interested.

Guest trigem

SPECIFICATIONS

Springfield Armory XD45 CompACT ACP

Short-recoil

Semiauto

C10 + 1, 13 + 1

4 inches7 1/4 inches

29 1/4 ounces

Three-dot, drift adjustable

Polymer

Matte black PRICE: $588

Edited by trigem
neatness
OK . . . here's the deal.

I really want a .45 with the following specs:

1. Small enough for concealed carry
  2. Double action
  3. Carry as many bullets as possible in the magazine
  4. Accurate, easy to shoot, and does not wear you out

Is the gun of my dreams out there?

My personal choice is a Sig p245.

However... the Glock 36 is smaller. That would be my second choice if you really need a smaller carry weapon.

Guest lan2i

I know I will get flamed probably for saying this but I believe alot of people hold it true. Do you want a chevy(Glock 30) or the Caddy? (Sig 220 Compact)

Yeah, the chevy starts, runs, and gets you from A to B. But the Caddy does all the same but in style. Biased yes, but Sigs are sexy

A Para Warthog maybe something for you to look into. Although I don't think it's DA... Another to think about is a Kahr P45. I think it's DA.

Yeah, all Kahrs are DA.

If you want a Kahr .45, you just have to decide whether you want a heavy or a light one, and a "full size compact" or a "compact compact".

- OS

A Para Warthog maybe something for you to look into. Although I don't think it's DA...

Stay away from all things Para.

You'll thank me one day.

I know I will get flamed probably for saying this but I believe alot of people hold it true. Do you want a chevy(Glock 30) or the Caddy? (Sig 220 Compact)

Yeah, the chevy starts, runs, and gets you from A to B. But the Caddy does all the same but in style. Biased yes, but Sigs are sexy

Well said....well said....:)