Ken's Guns in Lewisburg lost my business forever

Went to Bill Goodmans gun show in Nashville this weekend looking for a Glock 30sf. I brought along my XDM 45 to sell privately at the gun show in case I found the 30sf at a price I was willing to pay. So I come across a G30sf at Ken's booth, price on the box was $590 but the sticker on the gun said $550. I was comfortable paying $550, so I asked the gentleman at the booth if he would take $550, he looked and said yes, I asked again to make sure, again he said yes. So I found someone to buy my XDM, sold it and went back to Ken's booth to purchase the G30sf, again asking if $550 was the price, yes he said. So I do the paperwork & background, the lady said the gun is $590, I told her about what the guy said, she went and spoke with him and came back saying no the gun is $590. I told her I would not have sold my gun if I could not purchase the G30sf for $550, they would not budge, so I went to another dealer who had the same gun for $10 more and gave them my business.

• Like 1

I swear I've found a several gun dealers at gun shows to be flakey as crap. I rarely buy at gun shows for the exact thing you ran into. I've had a couple quote me a price, then change it  when it was time to pay and tell me I was wrong and deny what was said like I'm an idiot. I walked also.....If they are not good for their word, then I don't want to do business with them at all.

• Like 2

I can understand an honest mistake, but when the guy assured me 3 times that he would let it go for the price he said and offer no real apology no thanks... On a good note I bought my G30 from a vendor at the gun show, who has a store in Old Hickory called The Nashville Gun Company, and told them the story (they had the G30 for $10 more) the nice lady working there gave me $10 back for giving them my business.

• Like 6

I can understand an honest mistake, but when the guy assured me 3 times that he would let it go for the price he said and offer no real apology no thanks... On a good note I bought my G30 from a vendor at the gun show, who has a store in Old Hickory called The Nashville Gun Company, and told them the story (they had the G30 for $10 more) the nice lady working there gave me $10 back for giving them my business.

That's cool right there, nice of her to do that!
  • Like 1

We are getting some new gun shops in the MidState that have good prices and good inventory; you would think these dealers would want to sell product. We don’t have any in Murfreesboro yet, but I have a feeling we are due. biggrin.gif

• Like 2

We are getting some new gun shops in the MidState that have good prices and good inventory; you would think these dealers would want to sell product. We don’t have any in Murfreesboro yet, but I have a feeling we are due. biggrin.gif

Have you ever dealt with Pointe Blank in Murfreesboro? I've been in there a few times, but never bought anything..

I gave up on Ken's years ago!

Went to Bill Goodmans gun show in Nashville this weekend looking for a Glock 30sf. I brought along my XDM 45 to sell privately at the gun show in case I found the 30sf at a price I was willing to pay. So I come across a G30sf at Ken's booth, price on the box was $590 but the sticker on the gun said $550. I was comfortable paying $550, so I asked the gentleman at the booth if he would take $550, he looked and said yes, I asked again to make sure, again he said yes. So I found someone to buy my XDM, sold it and went back to Ken's booth to purchase the G30sf, again asking if $550 was the price, yes he said. So I do the paperwork & background, the lady said the gun is $590, I told her about what the guy said, she went and spoke with him and came back saying no the gun is $590. I told her I would not have sold my gun if I could not purchase the G30sf for $550, they would not budge, so I went to another dealer who had the same gun for $10 more and gave them my business.

• Like 1
Ken is a douche. He's turned people in for selling without a license and while I understand is is against the law, he's one of the ones responsible for disappearance of many of the "old sellers" as I call them. Remember some of the old guys that always had cool stuff and loved to trade and bargain?? Yeah, you won't see them again and this guy along with a few others is why.

I'd rather pay twice as much as buy from him for half price. Edited by Caster
  • Like 3
Guest AmericanWorkMule

This sounds like the real "gun show loop hole"

I swear I've found a several gun dealers at gun shows to be flakey as crap. I rarely buy at gun shows for the exact thing you ran into. I've had a couple quote me a price, then change it  when it was time to pay and tell me I was wrong and deny what was said like I'm an idiot. I walked also.....If they are not good for their word, then I don't want to do business with them at all.

Earlier this year I went to the lebanon gun show with netmindr and BigK. BigK walks by a table with a USPc .45 on it and ask's the guy what he want's for it. $800 is the price.

Literally 1 minute later I notice him at the table, walk up, Spot the USPc, eyeball it and ask the guy at the price. He quotes me $850 with BigK still standing there.

Apparently I just look like a sucker. Needless to say, I won't be buying from him ever.

Stopped going to gun shows. Last fewtimes all I have seen were overpriced junk, Guns overpriced and ammo like it was made of gold.

Sounds like Ken's tried to pull a "Bait and switch" tactic.     If anyone puts a lower price on something and then wants to charge you more, walk away.. Not worth the trouble, them calling you a liar. I would however, get any price in writing or audio record where possible just to save your butt.

• Like 1

Looks like you are not the only one that has been done that away reed http://www.topix.com/yp/lewisburg-tn/l-93227083-kens-guns-and-more

I posted my story on that site and Ken responded, he questioned whether or not I should be allowed to own a gun. I was irate at what happened, but I didn't do so much as raise my voice. I was calm and told them that I thought what happened was bull. As I was leaving the gun show I walked by his booth (it was right next to the exit) and he gave me a sarcastic "sorry" and I told him I would make sure I told everyone about what happened again in a very calm demeanor.. 

He lost my business when I wanted to buy 2 Glock 19's... he had 4 in stock, but they were going to go fast. I said, well, I am en route to the store, I would pay with a CC over the phone... he said, "Nope". I got there, and dang, 1 hour later, they were both gone. He sold one over the phone the lady said.. I said, " no he would not sell it to me over the phone". Ken jumped in and said " I don't have the guns in stock and won't sell over the phone".  The whole deal was so sketchy. I went down the road to another Pawn store and they had exactly what I needed for MAP price and was super friendly...

• Like 1