CNN Hacks Meadowview gun show.

I don’t think they bought anything did they? I thought they just implied that they were felons and wanted to see if people would still talk to them so they could make a big deal out it. I don’t remember them actually making any transfers. But I could be wrong.

They bought.

I don’t think they bought anything did they? I thought they just implied that they were felons and wanted to see if people would still talk to them so they could make a big deal out it. I don’t remember them actually making any transfers. But I could be wrong.

These guys came to our state with the intention of violating laws we have to obey or we get arrested. They violated those laws and went back to Atlanta. I want to know who in our state justice department put their stamp of approval on this.

Gotta go higher up than that. They violated federal law.

.....These guys came to our state with the intention of violating laws we have to obey or we get arrested. They violated those laws and went back to Atlanta. I want to know who in our state justice department put their stamp of approval on this.

You keep suggesting they violated a TN state law. I asked before, what was it?

I can find no statute where they could be charged separately from federal law.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

I agree, but when was the last time you heard a word about Project Gunrunner?

Theses guys are as bad as the people they claim to be protecting the country from.

I'd expect them to do nothing to the media for their part in breaking the law.

Nor did the DC Police do anything to the nimrod on the Today Show. The ubiquitous 30 round magazine/clip. :D

Hey, they protect their own. We just cannibalize ours. :D

You know, arguing with you guys is useless. Enjoy the torment that you will endure as these law changes, because most of the commenters on this thread are too deep in the weeds to see the woods, and won't move the needle in gun control.

P.S. People who don't trust shrinks are the ones in need of them most. 

• Like 1

You know, arguing with you guys is useless. Enjoy the torment that you will endure as these law changes, because most of the commenters on this thread are too deep in the weeds to see the woods, and won't move the needle in gun control.

You seem to be under the impression that passing new laws will stop crazy people from doing crazy things. Yeah, we're the irrational ones here, huh?

I can't count how many times I've heard how easy it is to pass the carry permit class, and there should be more extensive training. I ALWAYS encourage more training before and after the class. But how many times are these outrageous crimes committed by someone who took a HCP class that was too easy that wouldn't have happened had they not flew through a simple class?

I don't care how much you've shot or studied the law, you keep doing it...forever. We do it because we don't want to die or go to jail for doing something we weren't supposed to. The fact that the class is easy to pass isn't a contributing factor to crimes. Every time someone asks me for info on getting the carry permit, I tell them, "Don't buy a gun, pass the class, and throw your gun in your truck." Although they have every right to do just that, if and when the time comes they need to use it, that HCP is just a card, it won't tell the person what to do in a situation. My .02

Barry O.? Is that you? Edited by BigK
Guest Pineapple Devil

Let's not point this back at CNN... As responsible gun owners, we should be working and having discussions toward eliminating the sales of guns to mentally unstable and felonious individuals. They did their job and a good one at that. Booo hooo, CNN pointed out that any mentally unstable felon can get a weapon at a gun show. Stop complaining about what they pointed out and work on how we can work together to keep guns in the hands of law abiding and sane citizens. 

very good logic! can i go out and kill someone to prove how easy it is? if i break a law to prove a point does that exempt me from being wrong? gtfo with that stupid sh1t

Edited by Pineapple Devil
Guest Pineapple Devil

You are in healthcare, and a gun owner, AND an Obama supporter?   How the heck does that happen?

he is one of those hunters that owns bolt actions and shotguns and doesn't see the need for ar's or 30 round mags

Guest Pineapple Devil

i am a director for a major healthcare provider. 

There is no way in hell you can be a clinical person and have such a skewed perception of mental assessments and such failed logic.

Let's not point this back at CNN... As responsible gun owners, we should be working and having discussions toward eliminating the sales of guns to mentally unstable and felonious individuals. They did their job and a good one at that. Booo hooo, CNN pointed out that any mentally unstable felon can get a weapon at a gun show. Stop complaining about what they pointed out and work on how we can work together to keep guns in the hands of law abiding and sane citizens. 

Who was mentally unstable or a felon? Did they lead anyone to believe they were barred from buying firearms?

I don’t care what they do with background checks as long as I don’t have to pay extra for it. Yes, there are going to be some people with mental health issues that don’t get to have guns. That’s the whole point.

But three guys from Atlanta went to three states and unlawfully purchased guns. Their company still has those illegally transferred guns and they have documented that in the media.

Pointing out that people can break the law… are you kidding me?

Well Officer…. This is my camera man Bob and we were just doing a news story of how easy it is to buy illegal drugs.  And that’s why that kilo of Coke is in my trunk. No harm no foul; just a news story Officer.

Guest carter

haha ...he got it from a police officer YESTERDAY! so did he buy it for the purpose of reselling? THAT"S ILLEGAL ...and why those men in columbia got caught... he's created a business of buying and selling firearms without a license ... you are suppose to make sure they are residents of the state your selling... they laws are on the books already just not enforced... 

Edited by carter

haha ...he got it from a police officer YESTERDAY! so did he buy it for the purpose of reselling? THAT"S ILLEGAL .....

Commonly said but not necessarily true. Legal to buy and sell without a license to enhance a "collection or hobby",  just not for "livelihood". Clearly differentiated in definitions of being "engaged in the business" of selling firearms in the USC.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest PapaB

i am a director for a major healthcare provider. Trust me, there are about 20-30 questions that can be asked and quickly assess one's mental state. There are similar to the meyers briggs test, but focused on mental health. 

Simple social and psyche tests can be administered by anyone and the results are instant. Most people do snap, in the sense that they do not make others aware, but many times there is premeditation. Psyche evals would show early signs. 

Have you taken an CC course in TN? The guy next to me shot my target and still passed. With marksmanship requirements so laxed, it's no wonder some people don't know more about buying and selling arms. 

Secondly, lets lobby for felon databases and not let them into gunshows. Heck, you can view a list of all of the gun owners, why not a list of violent offenders. We can lobby and make it happen if we stand united. 

I do not agree with Obama's gun control. But, I do believe he's aiming high to land low. There's merit to his intent, just the execution is what we disagree with. 

Every member here would like to see more law abiding citizen's owning guns and the ability to sportingly participate or defend one's self, family or home protected. But, we must take steps to steer gun control legislation before the ultra liberal do. 

Wow. I'm going to need a frontend loader to move that steaming pile of misinformation.

There is no test, which "can be administered by anyone" (as you put it) that will give valid, accurate info on a persons mental health.

"Trust me, there are about 20-30 questions that can be asked and quickly assess one's mental state." Horse hockey. I've done many 30 day court ordered mental health evaluations. Many people with certain types of mental illnesses can easily fool tests the same way that some people can beat a lie detector. Even good evaluations are fallable.

"Heck, you can view a list of all of the gun owners,". Really? Where is this list? I think the police would like it, that way they can arrest the ones that own guns illegally. It certainly isn't a list of people with carry permits because there are millions of legal gun owners without permits to carry.

very good logic! can i go out and kill someone to prove how easy it is? if i break a law to prove a point does that exempt me from being wrong? gtfo with that stupid sh1t

No. I am not defending CNN. Can you read? What I am pointing out is pretty obvious. If you can't see it, there's a lack of general reasoning. 

Wow. I'm going to need a frontend loader to move that steaming pile of misinformation.

There is no test, which "can be administered by anyone" (as you put it) that will give valid, accurate info on a persons mental health.

"Trust me, there are about 20-30 questions that can be asked and quickly assess one's mental state." Horse hockey. I've done many 30 day court ordered mental health evaluations. Many people with certain types of mental illnesses can easily fool tests the same way that some people can beat a lie detector. Even good evaluations are fallable.

"Heck, you can view a list of all of the gun owners,". Really? Where is this list? I think the police would like it, that way they can arrest the ones that own guns illegally. It certainly isn't a list of people with carry permits because there are millions of legal gun owners without permits to carry.

You've "done many 30 day court ordered mental health evaluations." That makes you an expert huh. I'll throw my 10 years of working in the industry,  two graduate degrees away. You obviously have me beat here. 

Have a nice life. Arguing with you is making me have to lower my IQ just so I can rebuttal. Very tiring, your must need a lot of rest. 

I'd like to hear why you need 30 round mags... I'll get my popcorn. 

Don't "need" them. Need has nothing to do with the freedom to own such an item. And to be honest why are you concerned with what we need or want? If I want a full auto and willing to pay the tax stamp on it that's my business. If I want a 100 round magazine then that is also my business.

I am sick and dang tired of people telling me what I need and what I don't need. Need ain't got crap to do with it. I WANT IT! GET OVER IT!

Who was mentally unstable or a felon? Did they lead anyone to believe they were barred from buying firearms?

I don’t care what they do with background checks as long as I don’t have to pay extra for it. Yes, there are going to be some people with mental health issues that don’t get to have guns. That’s the whole point.

But three guys from Atlanta went to three states and unlawfully purchased guns. Their company still has those illegally transferred guns and they have documented that in the media.

Pointing out that people can break the law… are you kidding me?

Well Officer…. This is my camera man Bob and we were just doing a news story of how easy it is to buy illegal drugs.  And that’s why that kilo of Coke is in my trunk. No harm no foul; just a news story Officer.

You make a good point, but we still need to steer legislation if there is to be any. I feel that we have that burden and blessing as we have the passion and vision to keep our god given rights. 

Don't "need" them. Need has nothing to do with the freedom to own such an item. And to be honest why are you concerned with what we need or want? If I want a full auto and willing to pay the tax stamp on it that's my business. If I want a 100 round magazine then that is also my business.

I am sick and dang tired of people telling me what I need and what I don't need. Need ain't got crap to do with it. I WANT IT! GET OVER IT!

Heck I have a few drums myself because I wanted it. If it's lawful go for it. Dralarms, I feel the same way you do. 

No. I am not defending CNN. Can you read? What I am pointing out is pretty obvious. If you can't see it, there's a lack of general reasoning.

The only thing you've pointed out is that people can break the law if they want. I bet I can go out and buy coke, meth, prescription pills and weed and be back in less than an hour to show how easy it is. Last I checked those items are illegal. MHow is that different than conducting an illegal firearm transfer? Please, explain in detail your point. I must be too daft to comprehend based on what you've said so far.