Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

I hope N. Korean agents didn't do this. That would sure be something!

Dave S

That was an inkling in the back of my head too, but am going to reserve judgement just yet.  The one by the flags almost looked like a propane tank. Very clean looking explosion, couldn't say anything on the bigger one.

Edited by Sam1

Too many variables to even begin to guess the detonation systems.  Hell, the CT shooting was a 1 guy thing and we were all running around screaming about inconsistencies 2 weeks after... This involves literally thousands of people in a public place, it is going to be a nightmare to sort through for everyone so I'm gonna stick with a quick daily update and steer clear of the minute by minute updates this time.

• Like 1
They are saying they found 3 bombs that didnt go off. This could be a group effort or 1 guy who was carrying 5 bombs around the city. Imo these store front bombs looks just like the stuff going on in other countries. 30+ died in Iraq today from bombs.
Guest carter
So what happened ... Thought the government was going to protect us... And aren't homemade bombs illegal? Edited by carter
They are saying they found 3 bombs that didnt go off. This could be a group effort or 1 guy who was carrying 5 bombs around the city. Imo these store front bombs looks just like the stuff going on in other countries. 30+ died in Iraq today from bombs.

Early reports were that a video showed one guy with multiple backpacks, but I bet there were a whole lot of backpacks down there today.
Guest 6.8 AR

Most of the comments on the news channels are sheep blaming "domestic terrorists" or some sort of patriotic, militia nut job.

This is gong to be interesting.

Enjoy the ride as we dive farther down into a police state with little, to no freedoms.

Kinda interesting choice of words, "patriotic"?

I see Ms Feinstein is running her foul mouth calling it possibly "home grown".

Guest 270win

I'd say it is one of three things:

1.  A mentally disturbed person

2.  Homegrown McVeigh terrorist

3.  Foreign linked Muslim terrorist.

As well planned as it was, I'd say it is 2 or 3.

Very chaotic day for the running community. Finally heard that everyone I knew who were running are ok.

The explosians were timed to affect maximum casulaties, right around the 4:00 hour mark. 27,000 runners had already passed the finish, but this is about the middle of the pack.

If only we had backgrounds checks before we could buy bombs at the bomb show! Or better yet, a total bomb ban. That'd do it!

The White House is locked down with Obama's handlers trying to figure just how this can be blamed on George Bush!

The two quotes above were posted in a thread separate to this. Apparently that thread was merged with this one. I was replying to those posts.
Guest flashlight Dave

I'm sorry but I wonder how the news media will turn this into a gun issue. 

No. Our non citizen president will just pass more orwellian laws against the American population.

Guest StorminMormon
According to all the news sources, this is" believed" to be a" possible terrorist attack" carried out with "home made bombs"...... so if it's Kabul it's an IED but in Boston it's a home made Bomb? Reminded me of the news clips we've been seeing daily for the last decade... I litteraly wept today and gave my three girls the biggest hugs ...Holiness to the Lord- our preservation