He was tailgating me and I wouldn't let him pass. I was already doing over the speed limit

I know this is old but why didn't you let him pass? It doesn't matter if you are doing 100mph, you should have moved over. In Europe, you're more likely to be ticketed for impeding him rather than speeding.

I don't get why we feel we own the road in the US and must enforce traffic laws by riding in the left lane or not letting someone pass.

Anyway, open carry definitely can de escalate situations when the holder is calm and non threatening. Sounds like you handled it well.

I wish the cops around here would do that.

And another thing, when driving on the road, ever notice when there is a cop car driving along, everyone is scared to pass him even if he's going 5 under? Hilarious.

And another thing, when driving on the road, ever notice when there is a cop car driving along, everyone is scared to pass him even if he's going 5 under? Hilarious.

My dad was a State Trooper for over 30 years and would laugh about this. He said he'd do it when he'd see a speeder approaching on the interstate. He'd hang out in the right lane doing barely the speed limit and laugh as everyone who was going 20 over was now too scared to pass him. I pass cops all the time and have never been pulled over for it. I probably wouldn't do it if I looked like a dirtbag though.
Yeah if it's 65mph,ill ease past them at 70 but no one else ever does. I've got nothing to hide. If a cop comes up behind me, I'll speed up and move over so he/she can continue on their way and I've never been stopped.

My dad was a State Trooper for over 30 years and would laugh about this. He said he'd do it when he'd see a speeder approaching on the interstate. He'd hang out in the right lane doing barely the speed limit and laugh as everyone who was going 20 over was now too scared to pass him. I pass cops all the time and have never been pulled over for it. I probably wouldn't do it if I looked like a dirtbag though.

Pulling up to a busy 4-way stop in a Police car is also funny.

• Like 1

A few years back when my brother and I were younger. I remember borrowing my grandmother's 97 crown vic( white) and cruising around Gallatin. And we had the mirrored sunglasses. Every teenager driving around was scared straight. LMAO.

I guess they thought we were cops in an undercover car. Right till you see the civilian tag.

I wish the cops around here would do that.

I've never been scared to pass a LEO; I just try not to do it while in triple digits. ;)

Pulling up to a busy 4-way stop in a Police car is also funny.

We have a busy 4-way right outside my neighborhood. Nobody seems to know how it works. Just yesterday I pulled up as two people are just sitting there looking at each other, so I just went. I would be less upset with people who run stop signs than folks that just sit there not going because they are to afraid to go.
  • 1 month later...

Frustrating drivers and overt acts of road rage are everywhere in Nashville but in the end, as long as I make it where I'm going without an accident or problem along the way I'm good. Leave the dolts and idiots to the fast lanes and weaving in and out of traffic. Sooner or later they will end up in an accident or speaking to a LEO. Now if we could just do something about 90% of drivers having a cell phone pasted to their ear and/or texting while driving...

Frustrating drivers and overt acts of road rage are everywhere in Nashville but in the end, as long as I make it where I'm going without an accident or problem along the way I'm good. Leave the dolts and idiots to the fast lanes and weaving in and out of traffic. Sooner or later they will end up in an accident or speaking to a LEO. Now if we could just do something about 90% of drivers having a cell phone pasted to their ear and/or texting while driving...

I thought the gov banned that. Oh wait.........

• Like 2

I can't even read this thread anymore. It is like deja vu all over again.   So I will just post my 2 cents and move on, LOL.

I figure if someone is riding my ass and driving aggressive they must have a good reason to do it.  Maybe their house is on fire, or their mother just had a stroke or something.  I give the benefit of the doubt and get the heck out of the way.  Just let them go on.

Slowing down to the point people get pissed off has no real purpose.  Just seems like a dick measuring contest or something.  

Carry on.

Exactly.  Nothing says "I'm taking the moral high ground" quite like intentionally changing your driving behavior in a way that you know will aggravate the person you think is driving inappropriately.  Just move the heck out of the way.  

Even though I ride a sport bike it amazes me how some folks like tale gate. Scary because I can stop a lot faster than cagers. What I have discovered is how fast they back off when a wad of chew splatters on their windshield.
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have too many "other driver" pet peeves and y'all covered most of them, but maybe someone can tell me why holding a phone to one's ear makes idiots drive 10 miles slower than the flow of traffic?

One more...I was driving home from Franklin yesterday on a curvy, hilly, narrow road and found traffic putting along at 20 mph as far as the eye could see. As some turned off or passed, I found the problem. Some jackass in shiny underwear and a space helmet is riding a $1200 bicycle in commuter traffic on what could be the most dangerous road in all of Williamson county (Clovercroft Rd b/w Cool Springs Blvd and Wilson Pike). I found myself wishing this self-absorbed prick would hit a bump and disappear down the low shoulder.

Yeah, they do seem to like riding on narrow windy roads during rush hour. Del Rio Pike is particularly bad for these people.

One law people don't seem to know about is that if you're travelling slower than 10mph under the speed limit and you have three or more vehicles behind you, you're supposed to pull over or off the road. Yet you'll see people trundle along with 1/2 mile of steaming drivers behind them.

Lord knows don't hit a person on a bike that's a legal battle none of us need. There should be a min speed required to obtain on any public rd. Try going down the trace on a nice weekend. Those bicycle riders has to be rudest folks I've seen on the rds

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

I don't have much problem with them on the trace. It's a state park and for recreation. I don't really have much trouble with them anywhere in fact, the road's for public use. I just wish some of them would use a bit more sense.

I don't drive in the left lane on the interstate as I rarely get on it. But in town I exercise my right to drive in any lane I need to be in. If I'm doing the speed limit, and YOU ARE doing the speed limit, you have no reason nor the ability to pass me. I have had people drive down the turning lane to pass me...that was funny!

Dave S

Slower traffic keep right *still* applies and you are obstructing the flow of traffic.

Tractors, bicycles, wagons, horse and buggy, broke down slow moving vehicles, baby buggies, me in a wheel chair ect ect..  Passing is not a reason to speed either....just saying.

Dave S

And two wrongs don't make a right.

My pet peeve is also with interstate drivers in the fast lane or so called passing lane for no other reason than to what? Hold back traffic or cause lane changes to get around them? Typically when I come up on them and they don't move over I'll change lanes pass and as soon as my truck clears them I'm in front and dropped one to two gears without ever hitting the brakes. Now talking about getting there attention when they run up under my truck before they hit it I'm sure they have change there pants at there destination. Before its mentioned anytime you hit a person in the rear you're at fault unless one the driver is driving intoxicated or has no insurance or license. Otherwise you're at fault and your insurance pays. So guys really move over when you can rural roads I understand but the interstate really? sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

I was with a guy that did the brake check to a tailgater and was ticketed for causing a accident. Purposely irritating someone just because you can never has made any sense to me. Sometimes when you try to teach someone else a lesson you learn one yourself. Edited by 45guy
  • Like 1

I was with a guy that did the brake check to a tailgater and was ticketed for causing a accident. Purposely irritating someone just because you can never has made any sense to me. Sometimes when you try to teach someone else a lesson you learn one yourself.

I bet he ticketed the tailgater, too. Right? Right?!

Note the sarcasm. If he did, it would be the first time I've seen it happen.