Like hot chicken??

[quote name="dlm37015" post="954389" timestamp="1366284563"]anybody that can eat princes xxx hot and let me watch i will pay for it[/quote]

Deal.

I'm in E Nash closing on a house at the moment. Not sure when we will be done. Edited by JeffL

anybody that can eat princes xxx hot and let me watch i will pay for it

I have eaten it, and will eat it again. However, I always make sure that I am within reasonable distance of "the facilities". That XXX hot tastes great, but it's like a gastric A-bomb.

Edited by tartanphantom

I have eaten it, and will eat it again. However, I always make sure that I am within reasonable distance of "the facilities". That XXX hot tastes great, but it's like a gastric A-bomb.

I really have to be careful with the hot sauce around here...  one of these days there is going to be a big methane meltdown... between Geoff and the boys it will not be pretty...

I must tell a Prince's story. Years ago, when I was playing at the old Nashville Palace, one of the cooks came in to work and told us a great story. He had stopped at Prince's to get the extra hot. He said the old black guy behind the counter just kinda looked at him for a few seconds, then said, "Awright. I fix you da extry hot; but you gots to eat it here. I ain't never seen no honky eat that s#i+!" :rofl:

Guest wrigolv

Wife and I ate the Moore's Famous Chicken tonight as a result of this thread.

When I placed the order, he asked me if I wanted any heat on it.

He even called back and asked what type of bread we wanted with the order (as a sandwich or with cornbread).

I asked for the mild and it was great but still a bit spicy for my taste.

Can't imagine what the hot would be like.

I'll try the ribs next time I go and maybe a piece of that Chess pie - http://www.mooreschicken.com/

Portions are huge by the way.
Man, I've been missing out. I've never had Hot Chicken. I'll be coming through Nashville next week. I'm gonna try to get some at one of these places.

Make sure you check their hours before you come. And give yourself plenty of time. Prince's usually has a line before they open. Moore's is a one man operation, so it isn't uncommon for it to take 45 minutes to an hour from the time you order until you get your food. It's best to call in your order in advance at Moore's. I don't know if that's an option at Prince's. I don't know anything aboutb the other place or two that have been mentioned.

Make sure you check their hours before you come. And give yourself plenty of time. Prince's usually has a line before they open. Moore's is a one man operation, so it isn't uncommon for it to take 45 minutes to an hour from the time you order until you get your food. It's best to call in your order in advance at Moore's. I don't know if that's an option at Prince's. I don't know anything aboutb the other place or two that have been mentioned.

Boltons has never taken me longer than 10 minutes to deliver the food to my table. :)

They have a funny location, I feel like a crackhead ordering from them. You go in and there's a door inside, you knock on the door and a window off to your right opens up just enough to place your order and hand over your cash, then it shuts. 5-10 minutes later the window opens again and the gal says " your up". Get your food and feel even MORE like a crackhead because you find yourself ripping into the box before you've even made it back to your seat.

If you go, get the chicken on a stick.

Hot chicken is awesome!  Anybody remember Mr. Boo's (Bouglea's) on Donelson Pike near the airport?  Hate that is closed.

I remember Mr. Boo's.  Used to work out that direction.  Loved that place!  I think Mr. Boo kicked the bucket and they closed it from what I heard.

Guest mattgawarecki

Where's Bishops at? Wife hasn't been to the store so my lunch makin' supplies is low. Think I'll go there tomorrow.

If you're familiar with where the Chick-Fil-A is, Bishop's is in the little strip right beside it. Next to Pinkberry. I think it's near the Mallory/Cool Springs intersection.

Man, I've been missing out. I've never had Hot Chicken. I'll be coming through Nashville next week. I'm gonna try to get some at one of these places.

I've tried Prince's and 400 Degrees, Prince's is better by far. Bring cash. Their chicken is fresh. It takes 25 minutes to fry a chicken breast, if you're getting food in 10 minutes then it isn't fresh. I'd be open to trying the others listed here, but Prince's is guaranteed good.

• Like 1

I've tried Prince's and 400 Degrees, Prince's is better by far. Bring cash. Their chicken is fresh. It takes 25 minutes to fry a chicken breast, if you're getting food in 10 minutes then it isn't fresh. I'd be open to trying the others listed here, but Prince's is guaranteed good.

just not in the best part of town

I will never go to Prince Hot Chicken Shack (it's not Prince's). Their health scores usually suck and a recent post on the TripAdvisor travel forum (not the reviews...more like a regular forum) for Nashville had a visitor report that she was there when a fight broke out in front. a few minutes later one of the participants comes in waving a handgun around looking for the other dude. What a great way to showcase our city....  :(

I'll stick to Hattie B's....I'll have to try Bishop's.

For all you hot chicken lovers out there, there's a hot chicken festival in East Park on July 4th.

http://mchcf.blogspot.com/

Guest nicemac

They don't sell the whole chicken like Prince's, just wings. The place is Knockout Wings (or KO Wings) near 12th on Jefferson. Rough neighborhood at night… but several of us go for lunch from the office and never feel in danger.

The wings are by far the biggest I have ever seen. They cook fresh, so you have to wait for every order. They have 6 or 8 varieties. Country is simply plain southern fried chicken. They have Lemon Pepper, Cajun (which is awesome) and a few others seasoned varieties. Their sauce-covered  "mild" wings are hotter by far than most places. Their "hot" is dog-gone hot, even by my standards. I have been in there many, many times and they still warn me every time I order the hot… "Are you sure…?" Yes, give me the hot! Not only are they hot, they are delicious. I have had hot and not that tasty, but these are by far the best wings I have ever gotten hold of.

Also, they have the best biscuits around, bar-none.

I have never eaten at Prince's, but several co-workers I got to KO's with have and they all prefer KO.

My son went in there a couple of months ago and got a double cheeseburger. I didn't even know they sold burgers–I thought it was chicken only. He claims it was the best burger he ever had, and that it was so big he could not eat it all. He is 16. I have seen him eat two pizzas. He said the burger was so big, he couldn't bite into it.

I will never go to Prince Hot Chicken Shack (it's not Prince's). Their health scores usually suck and a recent post on the TripAdvisor travel forum (not the reviews...more like a regular forum) for Nashville had a visitor report that she was there when a fight broke out in front. a few minutes later one of the participants comes in waving a handgun around looking for the other dude. What a great way to showcase our city....  :(

I'll stick to Hattie B's....I'll have to try Bishop's.

For all you hot chicken lovers out there, there's a hot chicken festival in East Park on July 4th.

http://mchcf.blogspot.com/

but its still the best hot chicken around and its not posted

but its still the best hot chicken around and its not posted

Yep. Don't go to the hood if you don't like guns. If it didn't take an hour to get your order, I would go there more often. Doesn't matter so much to me if Prince is the best. They invented it. Kinda like White Castle and Krystal.