Let the ammo sales begin!!!

Now that gun control has been shot down for the time being, I've been saving up for just such an occasion. These fools who bought up all the ammo and reloading supplies will soon have credit card bills coming due, and I'm not showing them any mercy!

• Like 3

Now that gun control has been shot down for the time being, I've been saving up for just such an occasion. These fools who bought up all the ammo and reloading supplies will soon have credit card bills coming due, and I'm not showing them any mercy!

Oh if only!!!! I want to walk into a stocked ammo section and spend my whole darn check on nothing but ammo and get more than one box of .308 :)
  • Like 3
I think the stuff will continue to fly off the shelves for a while. Those that got caught with their pants down when all this happened will try to prevent that from happening again in the future by continuing to build their pile of ammo. I think it will be easier to find but not really in any great supply.

OTOH, i think ARs, AKs, etc and mags will be plentiful again. Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

Time will tell.

I agree.  We probably won't see a large influx from manufacturers, but we will see more ammo coming on the market from those who went into panic mode buying whatever they could get their hands on and paying inflated prices.

Me and AR were right on our prediction that the fed will not pass anything of real consequence regarding guns.  I also made the prediction that guns, ammo, and accessories would return to normal prices, if not lower, by late summer.  Hopefully I can go two for two.  :)

Edited by mav
Guest Pineapple Devil

This stuff has been going on since December. There has been plenty of time for credit card bills to come due. People aren't going to start selling off anything at normal prices because of debt. 

I know one thing. This definitely won't be the last time we see a run on ammo and magazines. I'm going to make sure I'm set for life on magazines for all my guns. 

That would be a very smart move.  I will do the same.

Guest RedLights&Sirens

It will be a while yet before we see equilibrium in the ammo department. :2cents:

Yup, if manufacturers are back logged AND running at full capacity its ganna be a while.

I know one thing. This definitely won't be the last time we see a run on ammo and magazines. I'm going to make sure I'm set for life on magazines for all my guns. 

And that's precisely why we won't see things in stock and prices come down for a good while. Every time something comes in, soon as folks see it they're going to stock up. :2cents:

This.

I have a feeling allot of other people are considering the same thing.

I only have about half of what I want.

Yup, if manufacturers are back logged AND running at full capacity its ganna be a while.

Can't confirm, but a local gun shop told me back when I tried to order 308 pmags that Magpul was backordered 2 years. Sure, shops will be getting shipments of past orders from before the SHTF, but what is ordered today won't be seen for a long while.

Trust me, I ordered mags back in Dec and they still have not shipped. My Mega Maten upper and lower was ordered Dec 2nd and it still has not shipped.

Just saying, don't expect any prices to drop and supply to magically fill the shelves very soon, folks.

There is one factor that may have some significance.  A lot of the people who jumped into this market only did so because of a panic (herd mentality).  They were the ones who caused the shortage and price increases.  Now that a lot of the panic has subsided, I don't see these people participating in this market any further and affecting prices and stock levels until the next event.

There is one factor that may have some significance.  A lot of the people who jumped into this market only did so because of a panic (herd mentality).  They were the ones who caused the shortage and price increases.  Now that a lot of the panic has subsided, I don't see these people participating in this market any further and affecting prices and stock levels until the next event.

Herd mentality?

With all the threats if gun and mag bans, talks of bans on internet sales of guns and ammo, etc?

Folks were not being a herd of cows, they were trying to prepare for the possibility of a political disaster that would restrict and revoke their second amendment rights.

If it had all passed, you would not be able to buy a new semi-auto AR or hi-cap mag ever again.

Edited by JohnC
Guest RevScottie
.22 lr was getting low in late Novmber before any panic was involved so I wouldn't be looking for it to return to normal any time soon.

Herd mentality?

With all the threats if gun and mag bans, talks of bans on internet sales of guns and ammo, etc?

Folks were not being a herd of cows, they were trying to prepare for the possibility of a political disaster that would restrict and revoke their second amendment rights.

If it had all passed, you would not be able to buy an semi-auto AR or hi-cap mag ever again.

I stand by my statement because it had no chance of passing, and I along with many others stated it months ago.  I am not any sort of soothsayer, but I do follow national politics fairly closely.  Getting the legislation through the senate would have been difficult, as was proven today.  If half of the Democrat's 20 senate seats weren't up for grabs in 2014, I would have been a little more cautious.  That said, even if it would have made it through the senate, it would have been dead in the house.  I also mentioned that 2014 could be a different story if leadership positions change.

The panic buying that occured in NY was not herd mentality.  Your response to me would be exactly how I would have described that situation.  My brother lives on LI and I told him that he needed to get some stuff now while the state was crafting the legislation.  He told me there was no way Albany would pass anything like that.  I knew better, and now he is all ticked off about it because he can't get squat.