Cop pulls gun on person 'holding up' McDonald's line

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Now if this Sgt was out of uniform and stuck a gun to my neck in the same situation,

I would've told him to get his own hot and tasty FRIES, these are mine...

really though, I hate when people order at choke and pukes like they are picking out their last meal on earth.

A police Sargent grew impatient when the person in front of him in the drive-thru line at McDonald's was moving too slowly.

DeKalb County police Sgt. Scott Biumi is charged with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pulling a gun on a customer in the line.
The driver, 18-year-old Ryan Mash, told NBC affiliate WIZ-TV that he had no idea the man was a police officer. According to Mash, the man accused him of "holding up the line," then got out of his car and threatened him by sticking a gun to his neck. Biumi was apparently angry at the amount of time it was taking for him to get his food.

Biumi is a 20-year veteran of the DeKalb County Police Department and has been placed under administrative leave with pay while the incident is investigated.

Read more: http://www.wxii12.com/news/national/Cop-allegedly-pulls-gun-on-person-holding-up-McDonald-s-line/-/9677834/19815602/-/4u4hxy/-/index.html#ixzz2S50B0oMJ

Guest Darth Maul

Administrative leave with pay? What a load of horse manure. He should be fired and jailed with an express ticket to prison. He's lucky to still he breathing. Come towards my car with a gun drawn and I'm not waiting to hear what your profession is. It will be lights out for one or both of us. 

Administrative leave with pay? What a load of horse manure. He should be fired and jailed with an express ticket to prison. He's lucky to still he breathing. Come towards my car with a gun drawn and I'm not waiting to hear what your profession is. It will be lights out for one or both of us. 

He may be fired and go to jail. Do you think the incident should be investigated, or just throw him in jail on the word of the kid?

• Like 1

He may be fired and go to jail. Do you think the incident should be investigated, or just throw him in jail on the word of the kid?

Kind of stole my thunder, Dave. The officer may have done everything the article says he did, but the presumption of innocence applies until after the investigation is over. Now, if it turns out to all be true, sure, go back and take his pay too. Until then, he shouldn't be punished.

If this is true, why only an aggravated assault charge?  Where are the under color of law charges?  Use of a firearm while committing a felony, etc. ?

No offense but the DA needs to throw the book at this guy, he never needs to see the outside of a prison again.

Guest Darth Maul

Absolutely there should be an investigation. An external, 3rd or even 4th party investigation. None of this internal investigation garbage where they protect their own and he gets a slap on the wrist.

What can he say, what could be his excuse? Bad day? Kids music was too loud? It will probably go something like he thought the kid was an active felon they've been looking for. You know, cause he matched the description and and he thought he had a match on the vehicle description as well. Anything short of this kid hving been in the active commission of a felony crime there is no excuse for running up to the window and shoving a gun in his neck. Doesn't look too good for the cop if he was already charged with felony aggrevated assault and had a $22,000 bond. Edited by Darth Maul

Twenty bucks says it's investigated in house, forgotten, and the guy get promoted in the next year and a half.

Agreed.
If this were me or you, we'd be cooling our heels in a jail cell until the court date or until somebody shows up to post bail....

...and as far as innocent until proven guilty, I don't think this ordeal would have gotten this far if there hadn't have been witnesses to colaborate the story...

Guest RedLights&Sirens
Well the Shamrock Shake is gone for the year, is the McRib back early or something? Edited by RedLights&Sirens

Twenty bucks says it's investigated in house, forgotten, and the guy get promoted in the next year and a half.

I doubt he will be a cop anymore; he has been arrested for felony aggravated assault. You would lose $20.

Say this kid had retaliated in self defense with his own gun, would it have been attempted murder/murder on a police officer?

Maybe to an ahole DA, but not to a jury. A jury still would have to find the kid guilty. Kinda hard to do that when a guy jumps out of his car and points a gun at someone just sitting in his own car.

Yeah, I see the officer loosing his job, pension and likely getting some sort of legal penalties. I personally he gets some time in jail but I suspect it will be probation.

One thing I wish would happen is that officers could not hide behind their department. I mean if an officer screws up the officer should be responsible for legal costs related to trial in his defense, not the tax payers. Then the victim should be able to get damages from the officer with the jurisdiction picking up the remainder of the award that the officer can't pay. Yes, any suit lists the officer as a defendant but they rarely, if ever, have to pay out of pocket. At least not the cases I have had personal knowledge of.

• Like 1
Id be pretty mad if a moron played with my life by sticking a gun to me over a drive through. I cant stand being put in danger cause of morons.

Im a calm person, but that really gets my blood boiling. Thats why i cant stand drunk drivers either.

Biumi is a 20-year veteran of the DeKalb County Police Department and has been placed under administrative leave with pay while the incident is investigated.

I sure don't understand how this is in any way punishment???

If he were working anywhere else he would have been locked up and forced to make bail and probably lost his job long before there was a trial.  

I sure don't understand how this is in any way punishment???

If he were working anywhere else he would have been locked up and forced to make bail and probably lost his job long before there was a trial.

Because what if the story is all BS? I realize there are witnesses and whatnot, but setting a precedent where a person is punished before there is a chance to investigate is not the answer. Not so much for the sake of this guy, but for all who follow. I don't doubt this guy did this based on the story, but there should be an investigation before punitive action. I would expect that from any employer.

Edit: but when the investigation is complete and he is found to have acted as stated in the article he should be fired and thrown in jail. However, in my parts someone generally doesn't see jail time when the pull a gun on someone due to plea deals and such. Heck, drunk drivers in my county kill people all the time and barely get a slap on the wrist. This seems to be the norm now. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1