World War Z (movie)

I liked the book. There wasn't a standard story like setup, but rather the different accounts and testimony of people who were in it first hand.
It was cool how some of them even connected to some degree.

I'm gonna catch the movie, but I don't think it will do the book justice.
The audio book was superb. And I hate audio books. Each character was voiced by a different actor, which worked well since the book is a series of personal accounts.

The movie clearly is not going to be exactly like the book, but looks like a fun ride.

I plan on seeing it at the Stardust Drive in movie theater in Watertown

The book is great.  The movie is obviously so different from the book that you can't judge one from the other. 

Book was incredible. It wasn't meant to be one long story but an account of the overall toll that the rising took on humanity and how humans finally started fighting back. The story of the girl at the church and the other about the military finally taking a stand were incredible. The movie however looks nothing like the book and doesn't look to deserve to share the title of the book.

There aren't many movies made today that I feel a need to go to the theater to watch; I've got enough to do that I don't need to go out to the movies just to be entertained. So; something has to REALLY capture my attention to get me to not wait on it to be released on DVD.

This is one of those movies I'll wait for...I'm sure I'll watch it but I'd rather wait on it and save the ticket price!  :)

No way the movie could be even close to the book, since best I remember there were like 25 or more separate "stories" recounted by the characters in the book from all over the globe, giving a true sense of world war.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

No way the movie could be even close to the book, since best I remember there were like 25 or more separate "stories" recounted by the characters in the book from all over the globe, giving a true sense of world war.

- OS

Truth.

The nationality of the narrator is a moot point, the book covers all over the world, Israeli, Japanese, British, etc...

However, the movie looks to be your typical (other than fast zombies) blockbuster zombie movie.

I am sure I will watch it, but I highly doubt it will live up to the book, unless the trailers are false and only focus on the star power of Brad Pitt to drum up hype.

Guest Hound

I really think they should have gone with a different title.  It drives me up the wall when they take a general idea from a book and then turn it into something ENTIRELY different.  They could just as easily say "based on" without pissing off a bunch of fans and ruining a book for anyone who hasnt read it yet.

The main thing that irks me about the movie are the "fast" zombies. The book didn't have fast zombies. They were slow, but had strength in numbers. I've never been a fan of the "fast" zombies. Yes, 28 days later was awesome, but for some reason I don't really consider that style of monster a "zombie". More like enraged, rabid, out of control human that happens to want to rip you apart. They're just not that scary to me. I believe that the slow, moaning, brain eating, shamblers have a more powerful psychological effect on me because they are totally opposite of what being a "human" is and that they just keep coming, slow and steady. So unnatural that it just creeps me out. The fast, rabid, ones just remind me of a human being who's just had too many bath salts or meth. Just personal taste I guess.

The main thing that irks me about the movie are the "fast" zombies. The book didn't have fast zombies. They were slow, but had strength in numbers. I've never been a fan of the "fast" zombies. Yes, 28 days later was awesome, but for some reason I don't really consider that style of monster a "zombie". More like enraged, rabid, out of control human that happens to want to rip you apart. They're just not that scary to me. I believe that the slow, moaning, brain eating, shamblers have a more powerful psychological effect on me because they are totally opposite of what being a "human" is and that they just keep coming, slow and steady. So unnatural that it just creeps me out. The fast, rabid, ones just remind me of a human being who's just had too many bath salts or meth. Just personal taste I guess.

I am the exact opposite. I could take "slow" Zombies all day long. If a herd of those "Rage" zombies came around the corner I would be running with dirty pants.

• Like 4

I am the exact opposite. I could take "slow" Zombies all day long. If a herd of those "Rage" zombies came around the corner I would be running with dirty pants.

I feel sorry for all the .22 lr fanboys if it turns out to be rage zombies. Ill take me AR and if I can find one after it starts, Id rather have a M249 SAW or a 240G for the fast ones

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

• Like 1