Protesters stop traffic on Interstate, What would you do?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

In TN we have "Stand Your Ground" even in our vehicles, correct?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Protesters stop interstate traffic, What would you Honestly do?

• Plow through?
    • Stop, Stand Your Ground?
    • Retreat, drive in Reverse?

The picture of the guy on the ground could possibly be you or me sometime in a situation like that, but if a situation like that ever occurs, I can say I will not be the only one lying on the ground.

And that guy could have very well been the type of person who just didn't want trouble, but when these type of idiots rioting/protesting decided to push it to the next level, his decision to defend his life was too late, his options were only whip every one of them or lay there and be beaten to death. This picture has always made me angry and I wasn't even there.

Incorporate some psychological warfare.

1.  Procure a bunch of half liter clear plastic bottles

2)  Procure an equal amount of bio-hazard labels

3)  Put labels on bottles

4)  Fill bottles with water

5)  Add a little bit of Kool-Aid, a little coloring not a lot, and a little thickening agent for effect

6)  Store in car until needed

7)  Remove cap and throw bottle into crowd - may want to drop in an alka selzer for a real special fizz

8)  Return to car, and/or roll up window, and watch the stampede

This and a couple strings of firecrackers....  

Once again East_TN_Patriot nails it on the head. I too find it interesting that so many folks on here are so BA. Keep in mind we're talking about a crowd of protesters, not rioters. The fact that for so many "plowing through the mindless liberal zombies" sounds like A logical step is both a little funny and a little sad. Oh and "say for example you were on your way to a game with $1000.00 tickets" give me a break, seriously you'd plow through a crowd just to make the game on time? Would you shoot your way to the front of the line once you got there?

Now don't get me wrong, I in no way shape or form condone these kind of actions, there is a right way and wrong way to take to the streets and this is most definitely the wrong way. But come on, are we better than these A-holes or aren't we? Sometimes I have to wonder.

I think you misunderstood my comment. 

I would *not* plow thru them to get to a game on time.  I said that for some of the people trapped in the traffic, the protesters are causing harm and the protest has turned, in that case, destructive (on par with vandalism).  At that point I am happy with removal of the protesters by force.  Not by running over them, but  police etc.   Blocking a road is dangerous and destructive ---  and the police, army, etc should show up, ask them to move to the side of the road, and if they refuse to comply, remove them.  

If someone stuck in the traffic is in dire need of medical attention, however, then the protest has turned VIOLENT.   Denial of medical attention is a violent act and a deplorable one.  In THAT case it is simple, you tell the protesters that you need to go through and that you WILL go through.   IF they do not move, in this situation, THEN it is OK to run over them.  That is about the only reason (unless the protest is violent already) to run over them.  Anything else, you wait for the law to move them or try to find a way out. 

• Like 1
Guest Emtdaddy1980
^^^^^ +1
Nicely stated. I believe I saw in some of the footage that an ambulance was also prevented from traveling through this mess.

^^^^^ +1

Nicely stated. I believe I saw in some of the footage that an ambulance was also prevented from traveling through this mess.

Yep, if people are blocking an ambulance just for the sake of being a bunch of screwheads there is no moral issue with that ambulance turning them into stains on the asphalt.

This wasn't a protest; this was simply a mob looking to intimidate and terrorize innocent people. None of these so-called "protesters" I would classify as a human being deserving of the same rights as you or I. At the least they deserve to be thrown in jail.... at most they deserve to be hurled into the sun.
  • Like 2
E&E (escape & evasion) would be my first choice, I'd only stop if I was forced to & I'd only engage if I was engaged first.

But once engaged I'd do anything & everything to protect my family, even if that means dozens of rioters had to die to do so.
  • Like 2

Yep, if people are blocking an ambulance just for the sake of being a bunch of screwheads there is no moral issue with that ambulance turning them into stains on the asphalt.

This wasn't a protest; this was simply a mob looking to intimidate and terrorize innocent people. None of these so-called "protesters" I would classify as a human being deserving of the same rights as you or I. At the least they deserve to be thrown in jail.... at most they deserve to be hurled into the sun.

Like turning a blowtorch on a tick. Some of them pop pretty good :)

• Like 1

Like turning a blowtorch on a tick. Some of them pop pretty good :)

I tell ya man, the more I look at those photos the more angry I get. The thought of some lady getting assaulted by one of these feral animals as she's trying to get her grand kid to the hospital just boils my blood. No way do I see myself staying in my car if I saw something like that. There would be an incident they did not foresee.
Guest Emtdaddy1980
I've been mulling this scenario quite a bit. I had already decided on a 12gauge shotgun as my next investment, and it will most likely travel with me nicely tucked away in my vehicle within reach.
I'm considering the idea of loading it with the first two shots being a less lethal concussion round like the borethunder, followed by standard 12gauge ammo. My thinking on this is that the concussion rounds will most likely disperse a crowd, and anyone still moving toward me after those have gone off has demonstrated enough evil intent to receive the standard loads. My theory is that in a riot situation like we have been discussing, having the weapon loaded in such a way may allow me to extricate myself from the area while still avoiding a crump catch or Martin maneuver by an overzealous progressive DA since deadly force was not actually used
( unless they're stupid enough to advance after the innitial flashbang).
Anyone have any incites on this line of reasoning? I'd be particularly curious what some of our LE and lawer members think of this strategy.

I'm just going to sit in the car and lock the doors. I'll look for a way to cross the median and go back the other way if possible. I'm not getting into a d*ck-measuring contest with a mob.

One thing I learned for sure after the Zimmerman trial is that I'm not going to risk escalating a situation. If someone attempts to break into my car and drag me out, then I'll laser him in the eyes. In addition to being blinded, most of these guys are cowards when push comes to shove... so they'll probably go somewhere else.

Edited by jgradyc

I tell ya man, the more I look at those photos the more angry I get. The thought of some lady getting assaulted by one of these feral animals as she's trying to get her grand kid to the hospital just boils my blood. No way do I see myself staying in my car if I saw something like that. There would be an incident they did not foresee.

+100,000
The 2 consequences of the mob members when things go bad: (in their mind)

A: I get run over, shot, and killed and its better than what I'm dealing with now. People won't forget that I was for the "cause"

B: I get arrested and locked up. I'm gonna get to watch re runs of The Jeffersons, eat 3 meals a day, chill with my cousin, have a sweet gym to work out in, more education if I want it, get some sweet jail house tats...oh yeah and it's ALL FREE.

I sure to some, they have nothing to lose. They are already on the track to option b. the lady with the kids should be arrested for child abuse on the spot for having her kids at this so called rally aka riot

After keeping in mind what happened to a few blackwater guys who were in the wrong area,dealing with hostiles...Yank off the lic plate , balaclava on tight, seatbelt cinched, keeping it floored until the threat has been minimized. Driving it like its been stolen from the king, to a safe location where another mode of transport is available. Of course its not nice to run anyone over,but ........
Any questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Dustbuster
Based on who started that protest I would bet that if someone cranked off a round from their vehicle, or tried to run over those protesters; they would be met with a hail of gunfire. It’s okay if you want to take that chance, but it might a little hard on your family members.
  • Moderators

Based on who started that protest I would bet that if someone cranked off a round from their vehicle, or tried to run over those protesters; they would be met with a hail of gunfire. It’s okay if you want to take that chance, but it might a little hard on your family members.

I don't know about that. The stampedes that happen a couple times a year on Beale Street would suggest otherwise. Crank off a couple of rounds and folks will trample each other to death trying to get away. Edited by Chucktshoes

I'm sorry I have to disagree with both of you, just who is putting who in a uncomfortable and possibly life threatening situation if things turn violent. Don't make the mob the victims, they have infringed on the liberty of those who only want to travel on a public thoroughtfare. The cops need to show up quickly on horse back with clubs and bust some heads, this behavior is uncalled for. Someone is going to get killed in one of these so called protest and I'm sure the media will portray the poor violent protester that tried pulling someone out of there car while attempting to beat them, as the victim.

I was originally going to pass on responding, but I just can't.  The logic you are demonstrating here is irresponsible and illegal.  Are you *seriously* arguing that you can run people over on the highway because they have infringed on your "liberty" to drive on the street and make you "uncomfortable"?  Really?  Is that your standard for deciding whether to kill another human being - a fellow American?  I guess in your mind if it's someone whose skin color or political leanings are different than yours, what's the problem, right?

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
Guest ThePunisher
Anyone would seriously have to think of the consequences of initiating action against these protesters if they were not attacked first. But if I'm sitting in the car or truck trapped by violence by the protesters, I'm gonna understand the reason Magpul has made the new 40 rounder mags or Surefire has made the 60 or 100 rounder.
Guest copperhead_1911

The choice "Reduce the amount of democratic voters by the amount in your mag" was not an option. 

Also it depends on that state you are in. Some places you are in all kinds of trouble. other places you could yell "Get a job"

I am waiting for one of these thugs to come up to someone with a rock or something saying "This is for Trayvon" and a decent patriot pulling out a gun and saying "Say Hi to him for me. Bang"

At some point one of these thug "protestors" (rioters) will attack a white person and get shot for it. I'm afraid that's all it's going to take to escalate this to a whole new level.

The grandmother in the van had every right to defend herself from assault and get her granddaughter to the hospital. What if she had done so with a gun? There would be a whole new "Justice for (insert thug's name here) campaign.

If this BS doesn't simmer down soon, it's going to boil over. I suspect that is what some black "leaders" want to happen.

I've been thinking about it; that scud bucket reached inside the van and put his hands on that woman, would that be cause to shoot in self defense? I think it would, but the time and place was way off. She could have got shot by someone else. It was a bad situation all the way around.

Dave

Edited by DaveS
Guest TresOsos

I was originally going to pass on responding, but I just can't.  The logic you are demonstrating here is irresponsible and illegal.  Are you *seriously* arguing that you can run people over on the highway because they have infringed on your "liberty" to drive on the street and make you "uncomfortable"?  Really?  Is that your standard for deciding whether to kill another human being - a fellow American?  I guess in your mind if it's someone whose skin color or political leanings are different than yours, what's the problem, right?

That not what I said, and your response is irresponsible and a stretch at best...but go ahead and continue to make the poor little protesters the victims.

I've been thinking about it; that scud bucket reached inside the van and put his hands on that woman, would that be cause to shoot in self defense? I think it would, but the time and place was way off. She could have got shot by someone else. It was a bad situation all the way around.

Dave

Would have loved to see her spray a whole can of wasp spray in that bit#@'s face and watch him roll around on the ground puking and crying!