TGO Lowers Revisited

MacGyver

As far as serial numbers and matched uppers go ; as my mom always said " If wishes were horses , begger's would ride ".

Let it go , get what you can and appreciate it.

God bless her , she is 82 and still goes to the store , she sometimes gets Bud Light because she thinks the box is PBR to keep me and my 87 year old dad hydrated.

They live 3 houses up from me and I cut their grass which requires PBR for fluid replenishment. Edited by Threeeighty
  • Like 1

As far as serial numbers and matched uppers go ; as my mom always said " If wishes were horses , begger's would ride ".

Let it go , get what you can and appreciate it.

God bless her , she is 82 and still goes to the store , she sometimes gets Bud Light because she thinks the box is PBR to keep me and my 87 year old dad hydrated.

They live 3 houses up from me and I cut their grass which requires PBR for fluid replenishment.

I don't see what's so hard to do about a matched upper?  I mean it would seem like all they need to do is pull one off the shelf, do a quick Q/A check for fit/etc, serial both of them, then put the logo on both right?  So the logo on the upper might be reaching but the rest isn't so tough right?  Has anyone asked them about a small logo on the uppers?  Like maybe at the top rear of the optics rail where the charging handle clicks in?

I don't see what's so hard to do about a matched upper?  I mean it would seem like all they need to do is pull one off the shelf, do a quick Q/A check for fit/etc, serial both of them, then put the logo on both right?  So the logo on the upper might be reaching but the rest isn't so tough right?  Has anyone asked them about a small logo on the uppers?  Like maybe at the top rear of the optics rail where the charging handle clicks in?

beating-a-dead-horse.jpeg

• Like 1

beating-a-dead-horse.jpeg

The staff said earlier in the thread that CMT might be putting together some upper options based on this group buy of lowers but nothing has been promised or set up as of yet.  If we do not show interest in it then I'm sure they won't bother.  But if we do then it really could open the door to several things depending on what CMT wants to do.  I'm not saying that anyone is expecting anything on an upper but we should have the ability to show interest without being chastised by the membership here.  Based on what has been said so far in this thread by the staff is that the only things are are for sure out of the question are customized serial numbers and calibers other than .223/5.56.  I don't see anything wrong with showing what our interests are and letting CMT be the one that limits what is possible and not possible.

Sorry for the rant but this bothered me.

The staff said earlier in the thread that CMT might be putting together some upper options based on this group buy of lowers but nothing has been promised or set up as of yet.  If we do not show interest in it then I'm sure they won't bother.  But if we do then it really could open the door to several things depending on what CMT wants to do.  I'm not saying that anyone is expecting anything on an upper but we should have the ability to show interest without being chastised by the membership here.  Based on what has been said so far in this thread by the staff is that the only things are are for sure out of the question are customized serial numbers and calibers other than .223/5.56.  I don't see anything wrong with showing what our interests are and letting CMT be the one that limits what is possible and not possible.

Sorry for the rant but this bothered me.

Sorry you're getting that, but you don't seem to be hearing what the TGO staff is saying. The logistics of a group buy can be a nightmare. Trying to add levels of complexity to that isn't only beating a dead horse (because they already outlined the limits), but it's looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

But... don't take my word for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brutnus
There is cleary excitement but it feels like this thing won't even happen this year at this pace.

sorry just wanted one like 3 months ago. Edited by Brutnus